Sidewinder stock dyno results and muffler options - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Sidewinder This is the section for Tech talk and discussion for the New Siddwinder. This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2016, 01:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Frozenstiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,958
Default

Hey SJ,, are you sure it is an UNITENDED CONSEQUENCE . LOL
The shady guys all seem to publish that spike, to of course show bigger gains, to sell product. I,ve never seen anyone publish a disclaimer stating what you may actually see and feel while trail riding may be much less than what the graph shows for a 5 second burst.
Frozenstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2016, 02:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
**SJ**'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,439
Location: s.e.mich
Default

well...all i can say...for some that 5 seconds is all it takes

its kinda the opposite of the peak power where sometimes it spikes to that peak for a second and really isnt usable...

I think those 5 seconds (if it is that exactly) is very usable....for trail riding and racing...but obviously not for the Can guys doing top speed running...

either way...tunes will be the best...we all know this..
**SJ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4
Current Sled(s): 17 Yamaha Sidewinder MTX
Location: Billing Montana
Favorite Riding Area: BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SJ** View Post
well...all i can say...for some that 5 seconds is all it takes

its kinda the opposite of the peak power where sometimes it spikes to that peak for a second and really isnt usable...

I think those 5 seconds (if it is that exactly) is very usable....for trail riding and racing...but obviously not for the Can guys doing top speed running...

either way...tunes will be the best...we all know this..
I highly doubt that it takes the ECU 5 seconds to realize that it is over boosting...... lol it sounds like you are behind building a 10 hp muffler and claiming it makes 30 hp.
sidewinder998 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-14-2016, 02:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Joey@BMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 447
Current Sled(s): 18Axys,20POL850SBA,17XF8000,19Alpha
Previous Sled(s): Just about everything
Location: Stillwater, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Powder, Trees, Trails, lakes
19-20 Mileage: Dyno Only
18-19 Mileage: 6500
17-18 Mileage: 4000
16-17 Mileage: 5000
Age: 41
Riding Since: 1978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SJ** View Post
well...all i can say...for some that 5 seconds is all it takes

its kinda the opposite of the peak power where sometimes it spikes to that peak for a second and really isnt usable...

I think those 5 seconds (if it is that exactly) is very usable....for trail riding and racing...but obviously not for the Can guys doing top speed running...

either way...tunes will be the best...we all know this..
I agree a tune is where it is at and we have those as well. The tune will be much more stable power for extended wide open runs. But when someone hits the gas corner to corner they will feel the added power of the muffler. I don't blame people for being skeptical which is why I post information for everyone to see, even videos. There is a window of over boost that is allowed by the ecu and we are taking advantage of that with our mufflers getting an intentional 1.5psi more than stock.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
__________________
Joey Strub
Bikeman Performance Plus
R&D manager
715-483-3003
Bikemanperformance.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joey@BMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
**SJ**'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,439
Location: s.e.mich
Default

yep...you caught me...Im all in on the mufflers...duh..

seriously...its a xx hp muffler at peak with a midrange of the xx hp...you guys would think of nothing if it was the other way around ( all peak)...and...

once you ad a tune...its for real bottom to top
**SJ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Joey@BMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 447
Current Sled(s): 18Axys,20POL850SBA,17XF8000,19Alpha
Previous Sled(s): Just about everything
Location: Stillwater, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Powder, Trees, Trails, lakes
19-20 Mileage: Dyno Only
18-19 Mileage: 6500
17-18 Mileage: 4000
16-17 Mileage: 5000
Age: 41
Riding Since: 1978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenstiff View Post
Hey SJ,, are you sure it is an UNITENDED CONSEQUENCE . LOL
The shady guys all seem to publish that spike, to of course show bigger gains, to sell product. I,ve never seen anyone publish a disclaimer stating what you may actually see and feel while trail riding may be much less than what the graph shows for a 5 second burst.
I posted a video showing what the power does on a longer pull at rpm.... I hope you aren't referring to me as being shady. We are one of the most transparent companies out there and I take pride in releasing good info that people like to see.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
__________________
Joey Strub
Bikeman Performance Plus
R&D manager
715-483-3003
Bikemanperformance.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joey@BMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Joey@BMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 447
Current Sled(s): 18Axys,20POL850SBA,17XF8000,19Alpha
Previous Sled(s): Just about everything
Location: Stillwater, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Powder, Trees, Trails, lakes
19-20 Mileage: Dyno Only
18-19 Mileage: 6500
17-18 Mileage: 4000
16-17 Mileage: 5000
Age: 41
Riding Since: 1978
Default

Power drops on any turbo as boost Temps increase its a safe guard that has to be built into the programming to compensate for hotter charge air. This even happens in a 100% stock sled.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
__________________
Joey Strub
Bikeman Performance Plus
R&D manager
715-483-3003
Bikemanperformance.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joey@BMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:04 PM   #28 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4
Current Sled(s): 17 Yamaha Sidewinder MTX
Location: Billing Montana
Favorite Riding Area: BC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I agree a tune is where it is at and we have those as well. The tune will be much more stable power for extended wide open runs. But when someone hits the gas corner to corner they will feel the added power of the muffler. I don't blame people for being skeptical which is why I post information for everyone to see, even videos. There is a window of over boost that is allowed by the ecu and we are taking advantage of that with our mufflers getting an intentional 1.5psi more than stock.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
What is available for tuning? Because we all know that a muffler will not make 30 hp. Is there multiple tunes available depending on octane? What are our options?
sidewinder998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Joey@BMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 447
Current Sled(s): 18Axys,20POL850SBA,17XF8000,19Alpha
Previous Sled(s): Just about everything
Location: Stillwater, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Powder, Trees, Trails, lakes
19-20 Mileage: Dyno Only
18-19 Mileage: 6500
17-18 Mileage: 4000
16-17 Mileage: 5000
Age: 41
Riding Since: 1978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder998 View Post
What is available for tuning? Because we all know that a muffler will not make 30 hp. Is there multiple tunes available depending on octane? What are our options?
I'm not getting into the muffler debate but this is where in at so far and my tunes are by no means finalized yet but with a stock muffler 91 octane I'm getting approximately [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Mufflers 91octane tunes go like this [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

I am working with Patrick at Swedish Mountain Products to do some field testing because they currently have snow

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
__________________
Joey Strub
Bikeman Performance Plus
R&D manager
715-483-3003
Bikemanperformance.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joey@BMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member
 
Joey@BMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 447
Current Sled(s): 18Axys,20POL850SBA,17XF8000,19Alpha
Previous Sled(s): Just about everything
Location: Stillwater, MN
Favorite Riding Area: Powder, Trees, Trails, lakes
19-20 Mileage: Dyno Only
18-19 Mileage: 6500
17-18 Mileage: 4000
16-17 Mileage: 5000
Age: 41
Riding Since: 1978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm not getting into the muffler debate but this is where in at so far and my tunes are by no means finalized yet but with a stock muffler 91 octane I'm getting approximately [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

Mufflers 91octane tunes go like this [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]

I am working with Patrick at Swedish Mountain Products to do some field testing because they currently have snow

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk


Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
__________________
Joey Strub
Bikeman Performance Plus
R&D manager
715-483-3003
Bikemanperformance.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joey@BMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.