Sidewinder stock dyno results and muffler options - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Sidewinder This is the section for Tech talk and discussion for the New Siddwinder. This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 18Axys,20POL850SBA,17XF8000,19Alpha
Previous Sled(s): Just about everything
Favorite Riding Area: Powder, Trees, Trails, lakes
19-20 Mileage: Dyno Only
18-19 Mileage: 6500
17-18 Mileage: 4000
16-17 Mileage: 5000
Riding Since: 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by higshemi View Post
Are you guys recommending a tune with the new exhaust? Are you seeing the A/F leaning out to an unsafe level with the can?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post
Plus it up the boost a few psi. 30 hp has been seen many times on this new motor from a muffler swap. But its looking like you need to flash the ecu after a muffler swap running a little lean.........
You can see on the dyno sheets I posted they do lean out above 9k, the mufflers should be fine if you clutch for 8800-8900. Our tune will fix all of it I have a 230, 240, 250 and 260 pump gas tune right now. I'll post videos and sheets.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
715-483-3003
Bikemanperformance.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-10-2016 at 09:08 PM.
Joey@BMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I got some swamp land in Florida I'll sell you with lot's of snow.
Team Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 Zr8000 Limited, 2014 zr6000r
Previous Sled(s): 14 xf7000 limited, 12 F800,Sp500 , F7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Blue View Post
I got some swamp land in Florida I'll sell you with lot's of snow.
He posted the dyno sheets , BMP , D&D, and speedwerx have all had similar findings/gains in just changing the muffler , and you're still in denial?

Dyno to dyno the hp numbers will vary as no two dynos will read the same but if bmp has xxx baseline then shows xxx for gains and you look at the other three and their gains are in a similar range it'd lead me to believe their is truth to it.
fortune46x is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2016, 10:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2017 Sidewinder LE Blue
Previous Sled(s): 2013 Turbo Snopro, 2012 Turbo Snopro,

Yes but DD and TD say you must add a computer program for the lean condition.
zr900snowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortune46x View Post
He posted the dyno sheets , BMP , D&D, and speedwerx have all had similar findings/gains in just changing the muffler , and you're still in denial?

Dyno to dyno the hp numbers will vary as no two dynos will read the same but if bmp has xxx baseline then shows xxx for gains and you look at the other three and their gains are in a similar range it'd lead me to believe their is truth to it.
Its smoke and mirrors , look at the boost numbers to gain 30hp. Its coming from additional boost which may show power on the dyno in short pulls. The ECU corrects for overboost after a certain amount of time. Its complete garbage for companies to try and sell these power gains without disclosure of what the actual results will be without a tune.

Evo showed that an exhaust will gain about 12hp or so. That is all you can expect in the field
f7ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 05:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

the power they claim (on over boost is there) just gets corrected by eco after a few seconds...so its not a lasting power? its a peaky power...and yet it makes the power..
**SJ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2016 Zr8000 Limited, 2014 zr6000r
Previous Sled(s): 14 xf7000 limited, 12 F800,Sp500 , F7

Quote:
Originally Posted by f7ben View Post
Its smoke and mirrors , look at the boost numbers to gain 30hp. Its coming from additional boost which may show power on the dyno in short pulls. The ECU corrects for overboost after a certain amount of time. Its complete garbage for companies to try and sell these power gains without disclosure of what the actual results will be without a tune.

Evo showed that an exhaust will gain about 12hp or so. That is all you can expect in the field
I'm no four stroke turbo expert by any means nor do I claim to be, just trying to read on the cat 4 stroke pages and gain some knowledge - but I thought I read that a free flowing exhaust will actually increase boost #s without touching a tune, is that incorrect?

As far as a stock tune running an exhaust , One of the before mentioned companies was running it on their dyno this summer while I was around and all that was changed the entire time they were running it was the exhaust itself. Nothing more and they saw 20hp gains. I couldn't tell you how long it was held wot but it was held there for awhile before coming down. I watched as they swapped exhausts and continued testing. If I hadn't saw it with my own eyes I would be skeptical too.
fortune46x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #18 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 17 Yamaha Sidewinder MTX
Favorite Riding Area: BC

Quote:
I'm no four stroke turbo expert by any means nor do I claim to be, just trying to read on the cat 4 stroke pages and gain some knowledge - but I thought I read that a free flowing exhaust will actually increase boost #s without touching a tune, is that incorrect?

As far as a stock tune running an exhaust , One of the before mentioned companies was running it on their dyno this summer while I was around and all that was changed the entire time they were running it was the exhaust itself. Nothing more and they saw 20hp gains. I couldn't tell you how long it was held wot but it was held there for awhile before coming down. I watched as they swapped exhausts and continued testing. If I hadn't saw it with my own eyes I would be skeptical too.
From what I understand is that there is no exhaust for a sidewinder that will raise/gain boost levels or gain 20-30 hp. Tuning is highly needed to make power unless you are happy with the "Gimmick" of a 30hp muffler. Save your money and spend it with a honest company.
sidewinder998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2 z1 turbo & Blacke
Previous Sled(s): to many to list
Favorite Riding Area: where ever there is snow
19-20 Mileage:
18-19 Mileage: 1900
Riding Since: 1955

Quote:

All I know some of these Company's are pulling some shitty stuff, there is no way there can be that much difference in HP. there not telling the whole story, if you read all the posts you will see what I mean, any where from 12HP to 40HP really. One Company say it adjusts boost very quickly next one shows that it does not. I am very skeptical at this point. hope it all gets work out.
cropsprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cropsprayer View Post
All I know some of these Company's are pulling some shitty stuff, there is no way there can be that much difference in HP. there not telling the whole story, if you read all the posts you will see what I mean, any where from 12HP to 40HP really. One Company say it adjusts boost very quickly next one shows that it does not. I am very skeptical at this point. hope it all gets work out.
from what im seeing...the reason you see the difference...one is far freer flowing (which causes the overboost) compared to another which is only slightly more free flowing....

the boost increase (over boost) is where much of the bigger gains are coming from and that is skewed , yes , since its an unintended consequence...and temporary until the ecu makes the adjustments and comes back down..

still this is usable power....but not ideal like a tune would provide..
**SJ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement