Sidewinder - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Sidewinder This is the section for Tech talk and discussion for the New Siddwinder. This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2016, 03:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): r and a hacked togeather Snopro
Previous Sled(s): Xf700, F7sp, F5, ZLs,Zrs, Ext, Jags, el tigre
Favorite Riding Area: Back home In the Yoop
Riding Since: 1988

o lord the power to weight ratio. unless you weigh the sled with all of your gear, and you sitting on it, it is pointless to look at. A turbo 4 stroke in stock form is going to own the 800 2 strokes all day long in a race.
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 15 ZR8000LXR, 98 ZR 600
Previous Sled(s): 71 Panther, 75 250Z, 76 250Z,
Favorite Riding Area: Eagle River Wis.
Riding Since: 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowguru View Post
So math guru how do you figure the hp to weight
And don't break the other guys balls who put his cals up
Very simple, you divide the pounds by the horsepower 525 pound procross with 160 hp is

525lbs divided by 160 = 3.28 pounds per horsepower, no need to do any google searches for an equation the equation is right in front of you

And I'm with Greg, hp to weight ratios don't mean Jack, you gear it way down in 660 feet it will time faster but your ratio is still the same right. So that proved nothing
Old 05-04-2016, 04:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

And since the sled doesn,t drive by remote control, you got to factor in the weight of all the chubby drivers as well., when doing your equation.
Frozenstiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2016, 06:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guudasitgets View Post
Very simple, you divide the pounds by the horsepower 525 pound procross with 160 hp is

525lbs divided by 160 = 3.28 pounds per horsepower, no need to do any google searches for an equation the equation is right in front of you

And I'm with Greg, hp to weight ratios don't mean Jack, you gear it way down in 660 feet it will time faster but your ratio is still the same right. So that proved nothing
i have absoutely no doubt you are with greg
bluegoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

[quote=2011apex;17093274]FYI Mighty. i know what power is, i own a 2011 apex XTX, it doesn't have a turbo or SC but even with the weight i can still out run my buddies 2015 rene 800 all day long, there not that fast and mine handles just fine in the twisties. the mid-range on this Apex is a lot of fun and pulls harder then the rene so i can only imagine how much fun the Sidewinder is going to be.]
I had a 2012 Apex xtx before the XRS. My ZR compared closer to the XRS than the XTX in ride and handling. I don't know how Cat did it, but the procross chassis is amazing. It rides and handles more like the XRS. But that turbo; OMG. I had a chance to run a very well running apex and it wasn't even close. I ran away from him. At the end, he jumped off his sled came over and just said that's not fair. I offered to let him take it for a spin and he declined saying he would have to buy one if he did.

Last edited by mighty; 05-04-2016 at 10:55 PM.
mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Current Sled(s): Nytro
Previous Sled(s): Many
Favorite Riding Area: CNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenstiff View Post
And since the sled doesn,t drive by remote control, you got to factor in the weight of all the chubby drivers as well., when doing your equation.
I've had a few of these encounters over the years where someone says nice sled about my Nytro (I've owned 3 now) and then follows it up with, but man I couldn't own that they are too heavy. Meanwhile they are pushing 300 lb's...

Max out or black out
Yamanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I would love to have a Sidewinder, think it would be a great sled, but no matter how you slice it a lighter sled handles better period. I ride 3 cylinder XCR powered sleds and no doubt they handled better with the lighter twins, but the power was more important to me.
1jkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

**SJ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13 F8 SnoPro
Favorite Riding Area: Anywhere with good powder!

I thought if you ride standing up, then only half your weight is counted. (sarcasm)
vikingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 15 ZR8000LXR, 98 ZR 600
Previous Sled(s): 71 Panther, 75 250Z, 76 250Z,
Favorite Riding Area: Eagle River Wis.
Riding Since: 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoo View Post
i have absoutely no doubt you are with greg
Greg 16,000 posts;
You 280

Ya; I think I'll stick with Greg

Last edited by guudasitgets; 05-09-2016 at 08:28 PM.
guudasitgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement