HCS Snowmobile Forums

HCS Snowmobile Forums (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/)
-   Switchback Assault/SKS/RMK (AXYS Platform) (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/1137-switchback-assault-sks-rmk-axys-platform/)
-   -   Walker Evans Velocity RTS (https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/1137-switchback-assault-sks-rmk-axys-platform/1843034-walker-evans-velocity-rts.html)

lennstang 12-02-2018 05:17 PM

Walker Evans Velocity RTS

3 Attachment(s)
Just installed the new W.E. Velocity shock (RTS) on my 2018 Assault 800. I've owned this sled since new and it's my 2nd one. (had a 2017) Currently has 3200 miles on it from last season. I called Walker Evans and had them custom make this shock for me to test this up coming season. After experimenting the last 2 seasons with different settings, I've came to the conclusion that the rear skid could ride a bit better. After riding the new 850 Indy XC last Feb in Hoyt Lakes MN, I was so impressed with the ride of this shock package that I wanted to try it on the Assault to see if I could improve the ride of the rear skid. I still stand behind by comments about the Assault...one of best trail sleds I've ever owned. But the rear skid has always been stiff and a lot of this is may be due to it's un-coupled design. I'm hoping this new Velocity shock will improve things a bit back there. Per the advice of W.E. , I also installed a new pair of torsion springs...the lightest spring rate available from Poo. I also just completed all my pre-season maintenance on the Assault. Changed EVERY wheel bearing to NTN Blue's. Also changed the front A-arm bushings to ones from NSP. Factory ones where shot. Sent out my primary clutch to Indy Dan and had him completely re-build and balance it. Anyone who has 3000 or more miles on their 800 Axys should do this. The stock clutch is completely worn out at this mileage. Now I'm just waiting for my new 850 Indy XC to arrive and then I'll be heading to Pittsburg 12/15 for opening day to put on some miles!

f7cul8r 12-02-2018 06:00 PM

I had dan do my clutch on my 17 with about 3k on it...best money I’ve ever spent👍👍👍

caddisfly 12-02-2018 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"Also changed the front A-arm bushings to ones from NSP. Factory ones where shot. "

Which bushings, #3?

1fast444 12-02-2018 10:54 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head with your set-up!

lennstang 12-03-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caddisfly (Post 20035424)
"Also changed the front A-arm bushings to ones from NSP. Factory ones where shot. "

Which bushings, #3?

Yes, #3. His kit comes with 8 of them to do both the upper and lower A-arms. Tightens up the front better than stock bushings and they last much longer.

caddisfly 12-03-2018 04:14 PM

Thanks, Lenn. I'll check out Rick's FB page.

PeteK 12-06-2018 01:39 AM

damn you got your shit together.. nice man

Sled looks awesome... I'm very interested in how you like that new shock.

Got a part #? might just pull the trigger now as I have time swap it

lennstang 12-06-2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteK (Post 20039494)

No part number...order directly from Walker Evans.

Call Jeff:
Jeff Dillon
Walker Evans Enterprises

Tell him I sent you.

Sledtuner360 12-08-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteK (Post 20039494)

Indy rts is same dimension as assault rts so can add that to your assault or order one from walker and you get the hi/lo adjusters in it.

PeteK 12-09-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lennstang (Post 20039538)
No part number...order directly from Walker Evans.

Call Jeff:
Jeff Dillon
Walker Evans Enterprises

Tell him I sent you.

100% I will.

When do you think you'll get a ride in to test them out?

thanks for sharing this info....:bc: I greatly appreciate it!