Seat Issue Polaris Titan - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Switchback Assault/SKS/RMK (AXYS Platform) This is a brand-specific forumand a 100% NO BASH Zone. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2017, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 Ski Doo Freeride 154
Default Seat Issue Polaris Titan

Just wanted to see if anybody has heard of / or has dealt with this issue before.

110mi on my Titan XC and the seat has fallen off 8x. It has come off on trail and off trail. The rear post that affixes the seat has a ton of metal wear. Sorry I don't have a picture of it.

I took it to the local dealer and they tried a new seat and it was no help. The guy thinks that maybe the post isn't adjusted to the right height? It is in the shop for them to try this.

I may be jumping the gun, and it is nothing more than an adjustment issue but I wanted to see if other Titan users were experiencing the same problem. I fear that it may be a design issue....not sure what I can/should do if this happens again.

Thanks guys.
BB
BirdBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2018, 03:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): Polaris Dragon 700 HO CFI 2007
Riding Since: 1987

I have now 800kilometers (thats about 500miles) on my titan adventure and seat has not fallen off. And i have been riding quite hard on trails (and our trails are hardly ever groomed so you really need suspension). I have also ridden about 600 kilometers with a demo xc, which had nearly 2000kilometers on the clock and no problems with seat on that one. So you have some issue with the seat.
Hanhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 2006 p0laris 340 touring
Riding Since: 1985

Iíve had zero issues both my seat , 200+ kms, titan adventure
goosemanx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 Ski Doo Freeride 154

all was sorted out with dealer. They just adjusted the rear post.

I've since sold it...so don't know if this is an ongoing issue for the new owner
BirdBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hey Guy’s, have a 18 Titan Adventure, love the sled but really noisy and vibration at low speed, 20 to 60 km. How’s yours.
GTXMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 SBA 850
Previous Sled(s): too many to choose from

I rode a demo titan XC last spring, I also noticed a fair amount of track noise at lower speeds. I suspect that 1.8" track may be to blame...?

As for the seat, got some buddies that got 2k+ miles , one of them works as a guide and probably got lots more, Never heard of seat trouble.
ivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

I just picked up a 2018 brand new non current. Put on less then 60 miles and brought it back. Vibrates bad on the feet and the track noise is enough to drive you insane. Got it back and not much better. Traded my 2018 switchback for this?? Not impressed so far. Thinking of bringing it back in again. Any thoughts?? Track is aligned perfectly
Whiss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 SKS 146
Favorite Riding Area: W.U.P
17-18 Mileage: 2000
16-17 Mileage: 1780
Riding Since: 1995

its a 155 x 20 track it will make noise.

we demo'd one for a day and at slow speeds on hardpack you can hear the track.

its pretty impossible to get the titan stuck. that 1.8 track is money all around.
slowsi0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2019 Titan XC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiss1 View Post
I just picked up a 2018 brand new non current. Put on less then 60 miles and brought it back. Vibrates bad on the feet and the track noise is enough to drive you insane. Got it back and not much better. Traded my 2018 switchback for this?? Not impressed so far. Thinking of bringing it back in again. Any thoughts?? Track is aligned perfectly
I have the 1.8" on mine. Its noisy at low speed for sure...noticeably noisy. The capability of the sled hides this flaw IMO.

As for the seat issue...my seat fits tight. No issues.
lennstang likes this.
NLTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

i own a polaris titan sp . the annoying and embarrassing noise at low speeds comes from the hard plastic cover that sits over the steel racks. the two center bolts for the plastic cover doesnt press down . removing those two bolts and adding rubber washers so that it pushes down the cover will help. i removed the cover completely and cut inch wide strips of thick gasket material , drilled holes for the bolts and siliconed it on the steel racks just so it wont move when i reinstalled the plastic cover. my plastic cover is now separated from the steel. annoying sounds are gone.
NLTitan likes this.
nb-attak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement