Loading a Deckover vs Inline - Page 4 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Snowmobile Trailers & Haulers Section for discussions about trailers & other ways of hauling snowmobiles.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #31 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 900 ACE Renegade
Previous Sled(s): mostly Ski-Doo's
Favorite Riding Area: Millinocket, Jackman, NEK
14-15 Mileage: 2200
Riding Since: 2004

I have a Proline 4 place inline but I'm really glad I kept my old Floe clamshell.
yabbadabbadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #32 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Just to follow up on from the original post... I ordered a 12 foot hybrid deck over from ProLine today. The amount I plan to use it will only be a few times a year and it's not a lot of highway. It will also be easier to store in the garage being shorter than the inline.

On top of the standard build I added these options:

10" Spare Tire
Wall Mount tire rack for spare
7 way round trailer connector plug
LED Backup lights
Upgraded LED Interior lights
Ski Glides and Caliber Trax Grabbers
RV Vent Cover (So I can keep the vent open in the summer and not care about rain if I do keep it outside)

Total = $4840 and it will take a month to build, supposed to be done on Feb 8th. I let my wife pick the color, she chose black.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TTA89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): (2)'14 Gade600,(1)'11GSX,2015 XRS Gade
Previous Sled(s): 2012 Renegade 600,
Favorite Riding Area: Hayward
16-17 Mileage: 350
15-16 Mileage: 1500
14-15 Mileage: 1900
13-14 Mileage: 3255
Riding Since: 1974

Deck over is the way to go and the ramp angle is a non issue. If trailering a few times a month for hours each way then I could see possibly see a inline. My 4 place is extra tall 7' and pulls fine, it's a Stealth which however probably wouldn't be my next choice.
dlhomes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2017, 07:40 AM   #34 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Renegade 800
Previous Sled(s): Yamaha, Cat, Polaris
Favorite Riding Area: Allagash
14-15 Mileage: 2950

The ramp angle of an inline is an advantage for using the trailer in the off season. I've owned both. I don't like to trailer my motorcycles but sometimes it happens and the inline is way better than a deckover for that purpose. My 900 lb Stratoliner would drag the header in the deckover at the transition (it's low and mean), but the inline is perfect.
jethroxlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTA89 View Post
Just to follow up on from the original post... I ordered a 12 foot hybrid deck over from ProLine today. The amount I plan to use it will only be a few times a year and it's not a lot of highway. It will also be easier to store in the garage being shorter than the inline.

10" Spare Tire
LED Backup lights
RV Vent Cover (So I can keep the vent open in the summer and not care about rain if I do keep it outside)

Total = $4840 and it will take a month to build, supposed to be done on Feb 8th. I let my wife pick the color, she chose black.
Call Aaron today and tell him you want to add the side mount reverse lights. Best $80 I ever spent. They make backing at night much easier because they light up where you want to go, not just where the trailer is pointed.

You will be very pleased with the ProLine. Congrats!
Stevienh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:11 AM   #36 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): ZR8000
Previous Sled(s): Sno Pro 500

Putting aside the debate over inline vs deck over for a minute. Does anyone have a opinion on a 7.5 v-nose inline vs a multi purpose 8.5 v-nose inline such as the Mission MCH 8.5? How much will the extra width effect visibility? Looking at a Mission 7.5 x 18 it's rated to hold three sleds but their 8.5 x 18 does not specify capacity. You think the 8.5 x 18 could hold four sleds?
Bang! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #37 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): XS X Gade
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Doo's
Favorite Riding Area: Where the snow is deeeep
15-16 Mileage: Not enough
Riding Since: 2002

Quote:

10" Spare Tire
LED Backup lights

I love mine! I did add the extra 6 inch height, no bending over inside the trailer!
qwick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:38 AM   #38 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevienh View Post
Call Aaron today and tell him you want to add the side mount reverse lights. Best $80 I ever spent. They make backing at night much easier because they light up where you want to go, not just where the trailer is pointed.

You will be very pleased with the ProLine. Congrats!
I checked them out, I think they will be useful backing up next to the garage so I just added them. Thanks

I'm sticking with the standard height, I'm not planning on hanging out in the trailer. I have to cut the cost off somewhere.

TTA89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:15 PM   #39 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): XS X Gade
Previous Sled(s): Lots of Doo's
Favorite Riding Area: Where the snow is deeeep
15-16 Mileage: Not enough
Riding Since: 2002

Quote:
I checked them out, I think they will be useful backing up next to the garage so I just added them. Thanks

I'm sticking with the standard height, I'm not planning on hanging out in the trailer. I have to cut the cost off somewhere.
Understood, I also added the plug receptacle on the outside and outlets in the inside in case you wanna put power to the trailer......
qwick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #40 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 15 Poo, 3 Cats and a Doo
Previous Sled(s): The list is long and distinguished
Favorite Riding Area: Gaspe
Riding Since: 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang! View Post
Putting aside the debate over inline vs deck over for a minute. Does anyone have a opinion on a 7.5 v-nose inline vs a multi purpose 8.5 v-nose inline such as the Mission MCH 8.5? How much will the extra width effect visibility? Looking at a Mission 7.5 x 18 it's rated to hold three sleds but their 8.5 x 18 does not specify capacity. You think the 8.5 x 18 could hold four sleds?
Depends on what the sleds are and how crafty you are. I know guys who have put A Renegade and 2 shortys in a 7x14+V and I have a buddy with a 7x18+V Snopro who has squeezed 4 short tracks in. Proline lists there 7x16+V as a 2-3 place trailer. You could always mark your floor out to the inside box size and see if they'll fit. If I was going to buy an 8.5x18 I think I would just go 20' and make my life easier. If you're crafty, you might be able to get 4 in the 7.5x18.

For that matter, one of the guys I ride with put a Freeride 146, a RMK155 and a XRS shorty in a 12' Hybrid last year. People will do strange things to ride lol.

I'm in the same boat. Looking at inlines now there are just so many options......I just bought a new 12' Nitro Hybrid 3 weeks ago now I have an extra family member who has decided to get back into riding so I'm going to have to sell it. 50% of the time I'll only be hauling 2 sleds. Aaron at Proline said I should be ok with a 7x16+V for 3 as long as they aren't all long tracks. Be a little crowded but I won't be hauling a bunch of extra empty trailer space all the time.
Superair is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement