Hardcore Sledder banner

Whats consider high miles for a snowmobile?

56K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Go Fast or Go Home 
#1 ·
I am looking at a 1994 Polaris 600 XLT with 2,605 miles and wanted to know if thats alot for it or average.

#3 ·
That wouldnt even be ONE winter's rideing for me.Right now I have 3 different sleds that I ride and they all have over 12k on them.The v-max4 has 23k and the motors never been apart.

Reactions: Grassbound 292
#4 ·
It may be for a polaris j/k... Your looking at 150 miles a year average or one good afternoon of riding.

For a snowmobile under 4000 miles I would consider low, 5000 - 8000 medium and 10,000 and up high. But all depends on the year. I put between 2500 - 3000 in a good year, 1600 - 1900 bad year.

#5 ·
On the light side I guesstimate 1500-2000 miles a year depending on where the owner lives and think about the previous winters. Also you can tell alot about a sled by what the motor and undernieth look like. But you gotta think about what has to be replaced on a 16 year old sled and the the simple things like can I/do I want to upgrade shocks, track, suspension, motor ect.

But 2600 miles on any sled isn't shiz! Just make sure $$ value is right!

And Trbo still has an 1950 sled that he rode as a kid with 110,000 miles that he still rides, yet the mules have to pull it (Heard the DNR is watching to catch him and give him a ticket for being pulled by a jack ass):roflmao:

#8 ·
The real issue there is that they want me to put trail permits on thier forheads and I don't,because they dont stick very good to the hair and keep falling off.

#9 ·
Never trust the mileage showing on the odometer. Look for normal wear locations, and decide if it truly is a low mileage sled. The speedo cable talks about 10 seconds to unhook, and about the same to hook it back up. Do a compression check, leak-down test, check out track age and a good under the hood inspection. Good luck with the purchase.

#14 ·
That's not a lot of miles for as old as it is. Might be valid odometer and might not be. Take some pictures of sled all over and post them up somewhere and link them to here (you won't be able to put them directly on here since you only have 1 post so far).