2014 turbo blows belt under 600 miles on AC test ride - Page 17 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Turbo 4 Stroke This is the section for all the Turbo 4 Stroke talk This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Sponsored by: Evolution Powersports

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #161 (permalink)

12-13 Mileage: 2500km
Default Re: 2014 turbo blows belt under 600 miles on AC test ride

I have a 2013 f1100 turbo snopro. It is in the manual that the belts are broke in at 100km. Sled break in is 600miles 1000km. From what I have seen this year for belt blows, it sounds lime a bad belt. The 2013 are turning the belts into bits cords and fur! Not just a chunk out. At the end of the day, if I'm going to spend another 17k on a sled made by arctic cat they can employ a new R&D crew and stop using the consumer to work out the problems.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Snowmobile.com App
clayton wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #162 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): N/A
Previous Sled(s): 2012 XF1100T, 2012 8 RUSH LE,03 F7BB, 08 IQR 600, 05 Poo 900
Favorite Riding Area: Cranberry Lake, Tug Hill
13-14 Mileage: not enough
12-13 Mileage: some
11-12 Mileage: more
10-11 Mileage: little
Riding Since: 1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
I can't argue with the materials, but when Doo finally steps up and mass produces a 177 hp sled at this light weight without issues, then you can brag about Doos amazing parts. Until then, Theres nothing to discuss or compare.

How people treate you is their karma; how you react is yours .....

http://youtu.be/iMixjmTzACI

http://s958.photobucket.com/user/swannee/library/
03F7Patriot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #163 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 xf 1100 turbo Ltd.
Previous Sled(s): 2009 mxz x 800R, 2006 800 x renegade, 01 700 Mxz renegade

why would anyone spend any money fixing there sled. arctic cat should fix it not us. I really think that is te wrong way. Artcic cat should be fixing these issues not us. i cant believe some of u are willing to spend so much extra money to fix arctic cats mistake. Poor company in my mind.
chopper34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #164 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2009 Z1 Turbo 2007 F1000 2004 F7 Carb
Previous Sled(s): 2003 F7 D&D 800, 2002 ZL600ESR, 1999 ZR600, 1991 700 Wildcat
13-14 Mileage: 1284
12-13 Mileage: 1135
11-12 Mileage: 2458
10-11 Mileage: 3007
Riding Since: 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper34 View Post
why would anyone spend any money fixing there sled. arctic cat should fix it not us. I really think that is te wrong way. Artcic cat should be fixing these issues not us. i cant believe some of u are willing to spend so much extra money to fix arctic cats mistake. Poor company in my mind.
Lot of people just want to go sledin. Cost doesn't count.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #165 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I,m sure a lot of guys wouldn,t mind throwing a bit of money at these sleds IF there was a fix that would cure the problems. Unfortuately, it,s like throwing a dart, at a board 200 feet away. Nobody has one solution that can be applied to all the sleds to permanently fix Cats problems. You cann,t have that kind of stock power, and a slinky for a chassis, and expect everything to stay alined. And it,s BS when haters say, you asked for a lighter sled, and now you got it, to bad. There are many ways to make the sled lighter, but still build it strong enough to stand up to the torque and HP. Unfortuately, using cheap parts made out of chinesium isn,t the answer. The reason Cat cannot come up with a permanent fix on these sleds is because they cann,t come up with another CHEAP solution. It isn,t going to happen, cause the bean counters won,t allow it. I,m sure they,re hoping, that the problem will just go away on it,s own. Nickel and dime fixes aren,t going to work, and that,s the major problem.
zrt900+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #166 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): His/her 2011 Z1 Turbo Sno Pros. New in 13'
Riding Since: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrt900+ View Post
The reason Cat cannot come up with a permanent fix on these sleds is because they cann,t come up with another CHEAP solution. .
That is spot on..
Cat realizes what the complete solution is to fix this mass problem in the turbo sleds. It requires retrofitting the chassis with bracing and a thicker pan and frame mount for the engine/clutches that extend into the tunnel to remove front half flex, hence removing any misalignment at speed when the chassis is flexing..
They have already tried all of the cheap stuff to no avail..

I am stunned (maybe not) that the 14' chassis wasn't re-designed.
I am guessing that the new engines will come with a new front half of the chassis. In the meantime, Cat seems to feel that they have a solid chance to get to the other side (15'MY) cheaper by chalking up the 12'-14' turbo guys as a loss, rather than to invest in an expensive chassis retooling for two MY's, along with an "in field" complete warranty fix to the chassis.

My guess is that the effected guys are totally and completely on their own..
Two model years without fix? That defies logic. Cat bean counters are making this decision.

IMO,
If you guys want to fix your sleds, I would pull all of the drive hardware along with the engine and strengthen up everything under the hood that has any potential to flex under the torque of these monsters. Look to the Twin Spar to draw up the foundation of the new front half. My guess is that it's flexing somewhere behind the engine, close to the tunnel where the lack of lever support is the weakest. We know that the TS worked fine, probably from the better and thicker tunnel support of the front half.. Some of you guys are pretty damn smart, and the solution will lay with guys like Smitty and others to re-engineer the front half of the chassis.
George C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #167 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
That is spot on..

IMO,
If you guys want to fix your sleds, I would pull all of the drive hardware along with the engine and strengthen up everything under the hood that has any potential to flex under the torque of these monsters. Look to the Twin Spar to draw up the foundation of the new front half. My guess is that it's flexing somewhere behind the engine, close to the tunnel where the lack of lever support is the weakest. We know that the TS worked fine, probably from the better and thicker tunnel support of the front half.. Some of you guys are pretty damn smart, and the solution will lay with guys like Smitty and others to re-engineer the front half of the chassis.

Its not a chassis problem, if it was then every procross sled would be having the same issue. And are you still going to say its the chassis when next year Yami's are NOT burning belts. Oh btw, did ANYONE think to ask if any of the Yamicat sleds burned belts on their demo ride??? How come, same chassis!

Old 03-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #168 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper34 View Post
I agree, but honestly I am still on the fence, is it poor company, or poor dealers, or a little of both?

Old 03-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #169 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I believe it is a chassis problem. The reason some guys are having problems, and some aren,t is because some are driving those sleds like they were meant to be driven, and some bought them for bragging rights and weiner enlargers, and toddle along at 30 mph, on a perfectly groomed flat trail. Guaranteed, if they put those sleds in the hands of the guys that ride them hard, they will have problems. You would think a company with the resources of Cat would have a machine in their facility that could check frame flexing and torsional rigidity, before they mass produce a bunch of sleds, with flexing problems.. I would love to see someone beef these things up, and then run it hard.
Unfortuately, that would take, tons of time, testing, and material. To make things right, Cat is going to ave to spend a ton of cash, and I,m not sure they,re willing to do that.
zrt900+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #170 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrt900+ View Post
I believe it is a chassis problem. The reason some guys are having problems, and some aren,t is because some are driving those sleds like they were meant to be driven, and some bought them for bragging rights and weiner enlargers, and toddle along at 30 mph, on a perfectly groomed flat trail. Guaranteed, if they put those sleds in the hands of the guys that ride them hard, they will have problems. You would think a company with the resources of Cat would have a machine in their facility that could check frame flexing and torsional rigidity, before they mass produce a bunch of sleds, with flexing problems.. I would love to see someone beef these things up, and then run it hard.
Unfortuately, that would take, tons of time, testing, and material. To make things right, Cat is going to ave to spend a ton of cash, and I,m not sure they,re willing to do that.
OK, then remember this next year, when they Yami's aren't burning belts. I rode my sled hard as hell yesterday, worst stutter bumps of the year, alot of rocks and bad trails and beating it on the lake, and no problem. So am I just lucky? I don't think so, I don't ditch bang like a lot of you guys on here, but I can honestly say I am not easy on my sled. Again remember this when the yami's aren't burning belts. And I searched , I can't find a Yamaha burned belt or belt fell apart on a demo ride post anywhere?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement