Collant high temp alert - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Turbo 4 Stroke This is the section for all the Turbo 4 Stroke talk This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

Sponsored by: Evolution Powersports

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2017, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Collant high temp alert

What is the std collant high temp alert on XF9000 2014
Thunder.SRX is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2017, 01:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I could be a couple degrees off but this is close. On warm up the flashing light goes out at 111 degrees. Some have reported its doing that once warm in some conditions when the thermo sticks open. Hot first warning flashes at 235 and will surge the RPM if idling. Second warning steady light at 245-247 will shut off if idling at a little above that and puke out a little coolant. Just a squirt nothing major
Old 01-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 2012 xf 1100 turbo
Previous Sled(s): 2000 zl 700 1998 formua 111 700
Favorite Riding Area: local area so far
13-14 Mileage: 200+ so fa
Riding Since: 1979
Default surge wile slow crusing

Will the sled also surge if it is getting close to turning on the temp light . i have a xf1100t and we were going slow in low snow conditions and started to surge
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pjseagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjseagle1 View Post
Will the sled also surge if it is getting close to turning on the temp light . i have a xf1100t and we were going slow in low snow conditions and started to surge
I dont know. Those are the conditions I came across. One time it was cold out below zero and had only gone 5 miles when I went to fill with gas. So I left it running while fueling up and a quick pop in to pay maybe a minute an a half. When I came back out was flashing and surging like the manual says. Moved it off the pump and shut it off and felt the coolers were as hot or hotter than any clutch I have felt couldnt hold my hand on it. I got a gauge now so I can watch the temp closer now and for sure dont let it idle too much once warm. I set my early alarm to 190 so i can take steps sooner to cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0609.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	1781530  
Old 01-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you!
Thunder.SRX is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement