Real world thought on f1100 turbo - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ProCross (2012 - ) F+ XF 800/1100/ This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 zr 9000 limited
Previous Sled(s): Lots
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec
12-13 Mileage: 1000
11-12 Mileage: 550
10-11 Mileage: 2300
Riding Since: 1980
Default Real world thought on f1100 turbo

I bought a 2012 f1100t limited. Was all hyped up when I did not know if I would have the sled in time for my late december trip. Then the sled showed up! Was all down on what I was reading on this forum and falling into the no snow keyboard trap. First off I think these sleds are the real deal.... Yes people have had their fair share of problems, but it is a small percentage. Seems like the few on here put a real scare into me and most people. Mine has been rather good with no reverse problems. Yes their is a few things I do not like. 1/ rides a little stiff in the small trail chatter, but awsome in the rough. 2/ Seat is a little low and way to stiff. 3/ Fit and finish could be better. That is really all I dislike. Now to be real, tell me what big 4 does not have their problems. Way to much negative going on and the other brand owners run with it and make a moutain out of a ant hill. Now, tell me where you can buy a facory turbo sled, that handles, fast out of the box, killer looks and can very eaisily be modded for a low cost and run with the best. The answer is no where but cat!!!!!!!! For the ones with problems, I know how it feels and cat will take care of you. Good dealer makes all the difference also. I just bought a second 2012 f1100t retro for the wife, so this sled can't be all that bad. I for one give it a big thumbs up and would recomend it to anyone. Go cat go! As a side note I am not brand loyal....
blurred vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): POS 2012 F1100 TURBO LE
Previous Sled(s): HIJACKED 09Z1 TURBO LXR

rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 12' F1100 Sno Pro Turbo LTD
Previous Sled(s): 10' Nytro RTX SE, 10' Sno Pro 720
Favorite Riding Area: Montague, NY
11-12 Mileage: 300
10-11 Mileage: 900
Riding Since: 1980
Default I agree...

Blurred, I too have a F1100 T and have not got the miles I would normally have this season but have had enough seat time to really get a feel for the machine. I swapped the stock track to a cobra, I changed out the riser to a 6.5", which I thought was a tad to tall in the shop but works pefectly for me on the trails, I put the ProClimb seat on before my first ride, I also put the TD SQ can on right away, and at first I thought it was a bit loud for my purposes, but I really have begun to like it, definately improves the sound from the stock can. and I really do like all of these additions very much. This sled is super comfortable, & surprisinly very warm. I too have been fearful of this machine letting me down based on all of the issues that have come up and discussed on this forum, however I am thankful that guys who have had issues brought these things to our attention as I have learned a great deal of what to look for and hopefully prevented downtime for me. When I got the machine, I spent way too much time rerouting wiring, hoses and fuel lines, or at least securing them, as well as changing the way a few bolts were run...my torque wrench and I became friendly as well as there were a few bolts out of spec....I initially used my reverse just around the house prior to any snowfall in and out of the trailer and shop, but immediately stopped after hearing the horror stories. The turning radius is so good if you pay attentiion you can avoid using it, however for a $14k+ sled I expect it to work and I am hoping that next season it is fixed. I have had a Sno Pro w/ a 720 kit and really enjoyed that machine for the bumps and fun factor, this machiine is a different beast but the fun factor is there, the power is amazing and for a machine of this weight to pop off the bumps, and get the front end in the air is a lot of fun. It seems to fly strait, and seems very preddictible just like the Sno Pro. During my last ride I noticed that I did have ice build up right near the torque sensing link on the rear skid, the ice was rubbing on the left side of the track...need to figure this out as it started fraying the track a bit...and I have not had any bendiing of the tunnel but I will keep an eye on it. Overall I have had a good expierience w/ my machine and hope that these first year issues get resolved. I have had some really nice performing machines over the years, and so far this one ranks at the top.
r26797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 12 F1100T RETRO
Previous Sled(s): F1000, 03 F7, ZRT800, T-Cat, Wildcat 650
Favorite Riding Area: Pittsburg, NH
12-13 Mileage: 1150
11-12 Mileage: 1090
10-11 Mileage: 1200
Riding Since: 1975

I have almost 1100 miles on mine now and am very happy. The only issue I have had is the fuel pump did cavitate when low on fuel but it has never kept me from riding anywhere. The front end is incredible, the rear is a little stiff but I am ok with it and the seat could be a little softer. Mine is bone stock, just the way I picked it up from the dealer and I have never had a belt or reverse issue and I use it everytime I go riding, (to back it off my trailer). Is the sled perfect, no there are some little things like the gas gauge being waaaaay off and the hyfax wear (add wheels and it goes away) but I have ridden a lot of other competitive sleds and I would not trade this for any of them, my .02
blindsquirrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindsquirrell View Post
I have almost 1100 miles on mine now and am very happy. The only issue I have had is the fuel pump did cavitate when low on fuel but it has never kept me from riding anywhere. The front end is incredible, the rear is a little stiff but I am ok with it and the seat could be a little softer. Mine is bone stock, just the way I picked it up from the dealer and I have never had a belt or reverse issue and I use it everytime I go riding, (to back it off my trailer). Is the sled perfect, no there are some little things like the gas gauge being waaaaay off and the hyfax wear (add wheels and it goes away) but I have ridden a lot of other competitive sleds and I would not trade this for any of them, my .02
Best sled ever for me like you said the small problem are nothing compare to the fun I have riding my xf 1100t lxr.Again Dealer makes it or brakes it for me #1
gene36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 12 F1100 SP turbo Orange, 08 f1000 sp
Previous Sled(s): 06 cf 700 SP, 05 F7sp
Favorite Riding Area: Norther Ontario/ Quebec
11-12 Mileage: 1800
10-11 Mileage: 2500
Riding Since: 1969

1200 miles here and other than the ecu 25 code coming on once it has been stellar ride. Hate the niggling BS stuff that cat should have taken care of but it puts a heck of a smile on your face ridig big open trails up north. Nothing is in cats class for this. It is even very good in the woods which was a pleasant surprise. Looking to get a na 1100 for the wife so I can ride mine. Jester

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '12 F1100 50th Turbo Retro Sp/'99 T-Cat
Previous Sled(s): '07 F1000 '03F7 '11 F5LXR, '02 ZR800cc, '02 ZR600cc
Favorite Riding Area: Old Forge
12-13 Mileage: 1477
11-12 Mileage: 1965
10-11 Mileage: 2200
Riding Since: 1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene36 View Post
Best sled ever for me like you said the small problem are nothing compare to the fun I have riding my xf 1100t lxr.Again Dealer makes it or brakes it for me #1
I totally agree. No more issues than my '03 F7, or my '07 F10, and Cat fixed all of them. I haven't had the reverse issue, just the fuel gauge, tunnel icing below 0, and the irregular hyfax wear under the front skid shock mount.
This is the best running, best handling, best pulling stock sled I have ever owned.
I am very happy I bought it!
Flame away, I'm ready
jdinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
jet
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 F1100 Turbo sno pro
Previous Sled(s): 2008 F1000 sno pro 2003 F7 sno pro
12-13 Mileage: 2700
11-12 Mileage: 1300
Riding Since: 1983

My turbo has been reliable so far,1300 miles and not one trip back to the dealer.. best way for me to describe it is she is kinda like a big block muscle car, what ever it lacks in the handling dept. from the extra weight it makes up for in the speed dept. with all the extra hp and torque!!
jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 06 F7 Sno Pro EFI, 97 "Formula III 600"
Previous Sled(s): 94 Indy Lite 340/Formula STX 583
Favorite Riding Area: Rippin snowy rds an Powerlines
12-13 Mileage: 525
11-12 Mileage: 19372
10-11 Mileage: 28900
Riding Since: 10BC

Hope the 13s are flawless
F7 SP
Boondocker
2.5* key
D&D y&powerlite
Clutched
Quote:
Originally Posted by furguy View Post
its interesting to see that when an AC motor goes it seems to make national headlines. Must have something to do with the rarity of it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledgehammer View Post
the chaincase and rev. issues are gay. but it will be resolved. i went through the same shit, except doo just said fuck you, you're on your own.
Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.
F7SnoReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
jet
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 F1100 Turbo sno pro
Previous Sled(s): 2008 F1000 sno pro 2003 F7 sno pro
12-13 Mileage: 2700
11-12 Mileage: 1300
Riding Since: 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by F7SnoReaper View Post
Hope the 13s are flawless
you lucky dog!! you gettin the pro rr, i didn't think i needed one of those but now that I have put some more miles on the sno pro I think the pro rr might be the ticket!!

and your right, this has been a crappy winter!!
jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement