Hardcore Sledder banner

Making my own 137 RR ....

2K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  taperk600 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I didn't try the QS3 shocks on this years LTDs (sold mine before the season DIDN'T start) , but am hearing the front arm is the weak link. I believe it's also not have rebound on the rear arm or front (ski) shocks.

And when we were all looking at the release of the 2016s this time last season, a few people were disappointed that Cat didin't have a 137 RR like Doo has their Renegade XRS and POO has their PRO Switchback..... so a few people talked about making our own, as best as we could.

So I just got my shocks back from HyGear today for the skid. I sent them a set of 2015 Tucker Hibbert RR shocks, which are for the 129" skid and would be a touch too short to properly fit in the 137" skid. HyGear extended both shocks to the proper lengths, upgraded the front arm shock rod to 5/8", added DSCs, custom valved, and calibrated what was needed for a true dual spring / dual rate spring set up (I say true do to other threads about dual rate springs......:wall:) with an adjustable cross over.

I will be mating these with a set of Kashima coated Evol-Xs that I had done last season for my 2015 8RR.

Installing them tonight.... then wait for this crazy weather to straighten out so I can ride .....and report back. I can say that after so many seasons on RR-level shocks, custom valved or not, that a "stock" SnoPro suspension under these things really is terrible stock.......

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
What is the correct length for the 137 ltd front track shock? The reason I ask is I have a Raptor shock with clicker and triple rate spring. That I loved on my m you couldn't bottom it out and felt like riding on a cloud. It is just waiting to go into something.

#12 ·
Some people spend money on performance / "go fast" parts. I like to spend money getting the best ride and handling I can....

AND spend money on the other too if being honest .....

Nothing in the sport is cheap anymore. :wall: At least these are easy to keep when I sell this sled.

#6 ·
I emailed hygear about springs for the QS3's and they had a whole lineup of stuff for the 137 to make it better.

Dual rate spring kits with cross overs for the front (or without the cross over to save a few dollars) , Dual rates for the center spring along with other options.

#14 ·
I bet with good dual rate springs & rebound adjustment, those QS3 (QS3-R) would be a great front ski.

Be interesting to hear how you would compare some of HyGear's work to the other shocks you have run in the past Alex ! :bc:

#7 ·
Nice thread. Last week I talked with Hygear about revalving my Tucker Hibbert shocks and their pro dual rate spring for the center shock. Your thread put the icing on my cake. Never thought about upgrading the center shock with the DSC. Thx.

#13 ·
I will warn you, once you have your shocks customized for you.... you will wonder how you rode your sled prior. And it will make it very hard to ride a new sled (when you change up) with stock dampers ever again.

I have used HyGear since 2010 when I started upgrading my non-adjustable shocks on my 500 SnoPro to the adjustable ones and Evol-Xs. I have zero complaints with any of their work and customer service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.