Hardcore Sledder banner

MSDRA Race Schedule

4K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  maximumf7 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, as promised, a little later than we had hoped:

MSDRA 2010 Drag Race Schedule

SAT. Jan. 16th - Medway Radar ( Drag test-n-tune)
SUN. Jan. 17th - Medway Drags , season opener / Points race

SAT. Jan. 30th - Norway Drags, Points race

SAT. Feb. 6th - Damariscotta (pending)

SAT. Feb. 13th - Medway Drags / Points race
SUN. Feb. 14th - Medway MAINE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS (no trail stock classes) Double points

SAT. Feb. 20th - Dexter (pending)

Feb. 26 - 28th Lake Morey, Vermont (Goldenchild Nationals- SAT, ESA race- SUN)
Not one of our events but a lot of us are going...

March 7th - Medway Drags / Points race - Year end awards @ East Branch Sno Rovers clubhouse on racesite

Medway races hosted by: East Branch Sno Rovers
Norway race hosted by Norway Snow Trackers

All our races are hosted by local snowmobile clubs who do this to make a little money and enjoy giving us racers a place to play. As we all know, it is a lot of work by a volunteer work force to make the track and then man the race. We, as racers need to show respect for all they do for us.
Okay, Dad's done lecturing you now....
I want you all to be aware that this is not "big time / big money racing". We are just starting out and big payouts are probably not happening this year. If we do manage to get some sponsor money into a race or two we will certainly let everyone know about it. Starting this year, at least one, maybe two of the races are Trophy awards only. Norway has done it this way for years and will again this year I'm sure. The Medway races are going to be 50% payback in all classes. The Maine State Championships will be the same (50% at this time) with class Champion trophy's for each class. The two pending races are one of each, one Trophy and one 50% payback. We will be looking into trying to do more in the future but be aware it's been a huge task just to get races scheduled and get to where we are now.
Could be one or two dates added, still some issues to be resolved.
NOTE: Medway Radar on Jan. 16th - they say they can set up one side of the track for 660 slips for us Drag racers to test and tune. A small fee will get you time slips for every run. I plan on taking advantage of it.

again the general safety rules and sled / class rules are below: the latest (and last) revision (DEC 2009)
Make sure you are familiar with both. We will be enforcing safety in the pits.

[attachment=602564:MSDRA__G...ty_Rules.doc]

[attachment=602565:MSDRA_Ru..._Classes.doc]

This is an informational posting, I'll answer questions but am not going to get into debates.
I will follow this up with one on memberships and teching, general race day procedures, thanks.

jon

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi Jon, just to let everyone know, the EBSR already are soliciting for sponser money for just the championship race purse. This will be an ongoing thing up to that particular weekend. This is ontop of the 50% payback. We definetly want this to be the "BIG EVENT" of the year as much as you. Oh yea, we are well into four figures$$ on sponsership money alone already and we just met 4 days ago. Cant think outloud yet but we do have a goal for a payout purse for this race. I think it might be possible. The EBSR's track is selling 2 foot by 4 foot advertising spots on track side fence for $150 a pop( you make the sign or banner). These are going great, our local businesses are really stepping up along with a bunch of nonlocal. We have sold some 4 foot by 8 foot as well for $500 each. This is some of the money that will be sweetning up the championship race along with some personal donations as well. If any one is interested in any of these advertising spots drop me an email at js04460@myfairpoint.net and I can give you more info. Starting to ice this weekend, sounds like weather might work with us for once. Cant wait to see everyone in January.

#4 ·
Thanks Jim, the East Branch Sno Rovers are really stepping up to make this the best race in Maine.

Adam, probably no MSDRA tech at the radar run although I haven't talked to Andy. There will be plenty of knowlegable people around Saturday to answer any questions.

We will work with you guys on safety requirements for the first race, once you know what we expect; then you will be responsible for meeting that requirement. I'm sure the first race will be a bit of a learning curve for everyone, not just the racers.
Jon

#5 ·
WEIGHT RULES
Just a quick word on weight rules. We are looking into having scales at some point. If and when we do: only Improved stock and up would be subject to weight. We don't have all the filed specs for the stock classes and are not really interested in weighing stockers at this time. Improved and up classes are fairly easy to monitor. As soon as we do have a system to weigh in, we do plan to bring it to a race and run every one over it - a trial run so to speak. We will collect data and also it will allow the racers to see where they are at. Everyone would get plenty of notice before we would actually incorporate the weight rules.
When adding weights to a sled "to make weight" be advised that any weight added must be securely attached to sled and NOT the driver. We will detail the specifics into a "Making Weight" set of rules.

I'm working on getting ALL INFORMATION on our website. HCS is not the official source of information for MSDRA, even though that seems to be the case right now.
Can't say this enough - 'Thanks everyone for your patience."
Jon

#8 ·
It's up and running but still adding info. Search doesn't find it yet, at least didn't last time I tried. Workin' on that too.

www.maineice.com

you may have to plug it in to the search bar in your browser and go directly to it.

Adam I forget how that works, we looked it up once ourselves, may have to rule on that as we are not weighing stockers...will be addressed in "weight rules section".

#10 ·
Not weighing stocks they will just jump in and not have to make weight, I'm sure we'll run them across the scales just to take a look. If any stocker makes a change, such as adding a pipe, now that sled would be subject to ALL improver rules.

It is now looking like we will try to have scales at first race, everyone gets to see where they are at, then weight rules would go into effect at probably next event. Will make formal decision shortly. (again things are in the works, have to make sure we can make it happen)

#11 ·
Not weighing stocks they will just jump in and not have to make weight, I'm sure we'll run them across the scales just to take a look. If any stocker makes a change, such as adding a pipe, now that sled would be subject to ALL improver rules.

It is now looking like we will try to have scales at first race, everyone gets to see where they are at, then weight rules would go into effect at probably next event. Will make formal decision shortly. (again things are in the works, have to make sure we can make it happen)[/b]
There is NO way in hell your going to weigh my sleds until its mandatory. Your all over the map changing shit daily. Go over on Amsnow, check with your buddies and get it right. Scales and making weight at the second race of a series? WTF is your agenda anyway? WTF kind of a game are we playing here?

#15 ·
Hey i kina agree with you, but it aint nascar. Weight the second race is better that what we had the last 10 years! I dont know where u race but around here we have never had scales. Lets start in the Busch series and work our way to racing with jeff and jimmy. These guys are making it work the best they can, lets support that!!!
There is NO way in hell your going to weigh my sleds until its mandatory. Your all over the map changing shit daily. Go over on Amsnow, check with your buddies and get it right. Scales and making weight at the second race of a series? WTF is your agenda anyway? WTF kind of a game are we playing here?[/b]

#17 ·
Rusty and Paul,

MSDRA's success won't be measured on whether or not I (or we) make you two happy.

My Agenda: Make MSDRA work and give every racer a fair shot at winning. It's that simple.

Jon[/b]
whatever . I do know is that YOU said no scales THIS year , too much to do. can't run a points system and change your rules midstream .
I don't plan on running any MSDRA supported races this year and know alot of others that won't either. too bad it's the clubs that will be losing money they need.
I do like your no cleated track rule and than post a pic on your site of a mod with a cleated track.
I do wish you good luck with the drags , just think the ISR / MSDRA rules will not work for the clubs to make any money in maine.

#18 ·
i see the rules have been up dated. still dont agree with the trail stock open. yes the STOCK Z1 turbos and other stock turbos need a place . but rx1s nytros that have turbos and BIG BORES need to be in an improved open trail take 2 second copy and pasta trail stock open and move it to trail imp. seriously hows is a BIG BORE STOCK?????? is it that hard to understand. you have the factory turbos in imp open class in the "real racers" catagory so why not in trail stock?

#19 ·
what a bunch of fucking crybabies. Ya I said it. Any time any where. Your racing for a trophy. Big deal if your lite at the scales. I dont remember Jon saying that you would get tossed if your lite. Just go and try the circuit. Have good time. Stop crying like a bunch of sissys.

Dieter

#20 ·
Rusty and Paul,

MSDRA's success won't be measured on whether or not I (or we) make you two happy.

My Agenda: Make MSDRA work and give every racer a fair shot at winning. It's that simple.

Jon[/b]
Yeah whatever Jon its your party you do what you want. I flew off the handle for a minute whats new? Every time i read one of your posts i see changes in your program weeks before race time. That should have been taken care of by september and you would look like you had your shit together instead of a bunch of schoolgirls. And yes your trying to make everyone happy, get a set of balls and nail this thing down once and for all. Fairness? Its the biggest wallet that wins every time.

#22 ·
what a bunch of fucking crybabies. Ya I said it. Any time any where. Your racing for a trophy. Big deal if your lite at the scales. I dont remember Jon saying that you would get tossed if your lite. Just go and try the circuit. Have good time. Stop crying like a bunch of sissys.

Dieter[/b]
Thank you Bigcubes , fear not build it and they will come

#23 ·
Met with the Dexter club tonite. Another good group of people we've always enjoyed racing with. They'll take a vote at their next meeting to see if MSDRA will be a part of their program. They always have had a good race and we support them no matter their decision.
Jon

#24 ·
LOL!! I must be out of the loop. I didnt think we were racing for anything!! UNREAL...... I think we should have the mini class, the 5-9 year olds dont seem to cry as much...This way wee dont have to have scales and all those big honda 120's will be even all the wayyyyyyy across the board.. :blahblah1:

Dieter[/b]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.