cluthching 06 600 HO - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Fusion This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Default cluthching 06 600 HO

Doing some upgrades since there is no snow. So far i have put on an slp pipe and can, slp high flow intake kit, homemade hot air eliminators, and timing bump to 28 degrees. Im having my polaris dealer do the timing bump and the jetting and clutching recommended by slp for the pipe kit. Dealer calls me today and says that slp recommends 65 gram weights with a rivet. Dealer said stock weight that i have in are 62's. I haven't a clue when it comes to clutching. I ride mostly on the trails but they are always beat up and i ride agressively, will play in powder when i can find it. Just looking for recommendations on what weights to use. I have read as much as i can on here and seems like 63 or 64 gram weights are what most people are using. Dealer also said that the stock primary spring will be reused becasue it si the same rate as the slp recommended one.

I will be riding this weekend with the stock weights and i guess ill see how it runs. What would heavier weights tend to do? So i know what to look for. Thanks in advance.
s.barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Ok so i picked my sled up from the dealer and asked what he did with the jetting... f#in 440 mains, 50 pilots, not sure on the pajs. I said I think she's gonna be a little fat... He was supposed to follow slp's chart which woulda been 390's. Anyway i went riding this weekend, 38 degrees and not that much snow. Thing was a turd off the line again. but when she got rolliing she was a screamer. not sure if was the exhaust/ air horn or the timing bump, probalby the timing bump. Anyways gonna rejet. been reading and thinkin about 400 mains .9 pilot air jets and leave the pilots stock at 50, and 1.5 turns out on fuel screw. Does this sound aobut right?

Also on the original post, the clutching is all still stock, she spun 8150, but sled was running fat and in 38 degrees. Last year before piping and timing but with 400 mains she spun 8350. I think once I get the jetting straigtened out again the stock clutching will be fine, maybe just balance the weights. What do you all think,
s.barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

440 mains is really fat ! Most guys are running 400 s and others are running even leaner than that . My sled has basically the same mods and i started with 64 weights and balanced them to the lowest weight of the 3 , pulls about 8300ish depending on temp and trail conditions .
MR. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 800 Pro-R SB
Previous Sled(s): 2007 IQ 600 CFI
12-13 Mileage: not enough
11-12 Mileage: 736
10-11 Mileage: 1400

Check with Gabes (on HCS) one of the owners of OTP performance. He's got a 600 Sleeper clutch kit that is one of a kind! I swapped out stock clutching on my buddy's fuze to his Sleeper kit and was an amazing difference!! He jetted his fuze down with 400 mains .9 air's and we threw the clutch kit in and holy shit did it wake that sled up!!
kmac7741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): CFR 1000
Previous Sled(s): A little bit of everything.
Favorite Riding Area: Lantz Corners, SB Elliot

Not fat with the full pipe and ethanol fuel.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac7741 View Post
Check with Gabes (on HCS) one of the owners of OTP performance. He's got a 600 Sleeper clutch kit that is one of a kind! I swapped out stock clutching on my buddy's fuze to his Sleeper kit and was an amazing difference!! He jetted his fuze down with 400 mains .9 air's and we threw the clutch kit in and holy shit did it wake that sled up!!
I'll second that...- I put the Gabes kit in my fuse with 410 mains. Thats all it needed. The kit works! and Gabe will email you with answer's to any questions you may have
rkraiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement