Hardcore Sledder banner

If you had a clean slate to do whatever to your XCR...

5K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  RogerBzXCR 
#1 ·
So I picked up a 99 XCR 800 for practically nothing, so I have some money to throw into it. Its got a brand new track on it and came with a second brand new ice track so the major parts are out of the way. I'm looking for handling then power mods. It's already getting clutched as the p.o didnt dial it in to well. Im a Cat guy with no experience with an aggressive chassis.

#3 ·
How about some Basics

1 Green Carb Slides s/b replaced before they break.
2 Water Pump Rebuild "when was the last time it was done if you know"
3 Primary Clutch "what's in it for Spring/Wts and what condition are the rollers / springs sheaves" etc
4 2ndary Clutch Whats in it for helix / spring and condition of it including buttons and helix??
5 Carbs Whats in it for Jetting are they clean
6 Compression and Engine Mileage
7 After market Pipes?? or Stock Pipes??
8 Does the motor have a PTO Side torq Arm from just under the PTO Exhaust to the bulkhead
9 Check ALL Wheels in suspension for rolling resistence "replace bearings if needed"
10 when where Drive Train bearings replaced "Chain Case and Clutch Side"
11 Shocks "do the need rebuilding"??

How many Miles on the Sled??

Welcome to the CRUE~~ Great bunch of guys in here..

Read the Sticky's up above some good info and good clutching to make some choices off

That said WILL either run 22/40 gearing or 25/38 Gearing or we must dismiss you from the
XCR CRUE LOL!! "j/k" !!

Obviously clutching refresh is key but so are all the other pieces of the list
so line them up knockem down!!

if it has a speed track with it in the purchase, Id expect it to be already tuned slightly
so grab the tune of things and we can guide you from there.

Also watch for the upcoming XCR Events this coming winter..
we have been holding an XCR get together for a few years now.

Again welcome to the CRUE~~

#4 ·
Should have added more info, the sled only has 1,050 miles. Has black slides(out of ZRT 800), already running 22/40 gearing, has good mounts, good compression and the water pump is on the list before the snow flies. Stock pipes and jetting. Shocks are still good and don't need to be revalved wheels are free. The sled was maintained well, just never ridden. It spent the last 5 years in the garage and when the p.o owned it I was the only one who ever rode it. He bought it and never rode it. I don't know what springs are in it off the top of my head.

#11 · (Edited)
I'm gonna start a build thread on the turbo xcr800 I will be doing after my outlaw is done and on the ice.....gonna b a pump gas/race gas setup....water to air and a gtx turbo (china fan version)with tial housing and gate built in....stock ignition with a recurve and dlr300 for stutter on those days u wanna lake race.....144" skid....I will post pics as I go so people can see how easy it is to make power with a fan at the fraction of the cost of a big bore...should b epic....:thumbsup:

#39 ·
Weight reduction can get expensive....some cheap ways tho is seat and tank conversion...(edge style with rmk seat)....remove some idlers....all none structural fasteners can be replaced with aluminum ones or stock ones drilled thru....gun drill drive and jackshaft(Jamie lewis does both for under 250 shipped).pipes will shed a good amount but that battle I'm not interested in getting in....lol...after market hood with led light.....once u start getting into trailing arms....suspensions....radius rods...ect....things can add up fast.....that is If u can't make your own....just my 2cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.