Votes: 44 22.6%
  • 1500-1999

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • 2000+

Votes: 17 8.7%

Your 2012 mileage

5K views 67 replies 55 participants last post by  --IQR-- 
#1 ·
With the 2012 riding season being one of the worst in history (for most, not all), how many miles have you put on this season?

#20 ·
35 miles on mine! Over the summer I studded the track, put a hygear dual rate spring on the fts, and bergstrom tripple point carbides on it. No clue how well any of this stuff works due to not enough miles on it! I'm thinking about going into an alcoholic haze and pretending this winter never happened.

#21 · (Edited)
Hi Bontz!
I'm dying to try a Rush. IF you want some miles on yours, let me know!
2,440 on the new Cat Procross.
2,810 on the Doo XP 550 fanner I bought two weeks ago.
One more trip to Quebec planned.

One of my friends put 5,000 miles on his new Rush Adventure during January. I have e-mailed him to get his latest mileage and post it when I hear from him. He had zero problems during these miles while riding Quebec.

Edit: Buddy just replied to my e-mail, hasn't driven his Rush since the 5K mark. Had the dealer check over the sled, only thing done was tighten the belt deflection.

mike

#26 ·
High Mileage Mike! How the heck are ya, it's good to hear from you :bc:

You're no longer on the TNT, eh? I didn't think you'd ever give up on that platform after all the luck you've had. It sure sounds like you have plenty of snow based on the mileage, and considering the the 550 mileage and only owning it for two weeks!! Holy cow I'm jealous :thumbsup:

I wish I had the time to head your way and give you the opportunity to try the Rush/Switchback. I think you'd enjoy it. We're potentially getting a storm in the next week, so maybe I'll be able to get past that 1200 mile mark yet :fistpump2:

Good to hear from you, and thanks for the report. I hope you continue to log the miles & look forward to your end of season report :bc:

Take care!

#23 · (Edited)
2500 miles (4000km) and Northwestern Ontario just got a huge dump of snow! Looks like I'll be shooting for 3500 miles (5600 km) before season end. So far same hyfax, three sets of carbides, will need new skiis next year, new crankshaft, new monoblock, one new piston and rings, one sub frame part, and a whole lot of gas and oil.

#24 ·
176 miles, ,,,,,,,this is a sad thread, very sad, lol

#28 ·
We got 1100 miles so far, in 2 trips to the UP and one more planned in a couple weeks, first time ever that I havent put 1 mile on here in Iowa, sad.....

#29 ·
Bontz,
I enjoy reading your posts and get a kick out of an ex Cat guy being the most respected person on the Polaris forums. Keep up the good work.
I really do want a Rush, but so far, for me, the SkiDoos have been so trouble free. And the sport and TNT models are so inexpensive.
Don't want ot buy a nice used 2012 Cat, do you? (what a mistake!)
mike

#30 ·
Hey, Hey, Hey ... Let's not get carried away with that respect comment!! There's plenty of guys in here who will tell you otherwise LOL :laff::lol3::bc:

What model Cat did you try this year Mike? XF, F, or 1100NA? Hopefully they aren't issues that keep you off the trail (doesn't appear to be based on the mileage)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.