ULMER RACING "New" 1200 4TEC Pump Gas Turbo. 190+ HP using stock muffler! - HCS Snowmobile Forums

4-TEC / Ace 4 Strokes This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Current Sled(s): Canada's #1 Source for High Performance
Default ULMER RACING "New" 1200 4TEC Low boost Turbo. 190+ HP using stock muffler!

We are pleased to announce we are providing the new ULMER Racing 1200 4TEC Low BoostTurbo kit.

We are providing FREE SHIPPING on this new product for ONTARIO & QUEBEC residents

Please email us with your full name , full shipping address and phone # to :

sales@2koolperformance.ca

KIT INFO

These kits are designed to be a gas and go setup running 6 lbs of boost max. Designed for trail use and the occasional lake race with your buddies.

Uses stock exhaust manifold
  • Garrett GT2854R dual ball bearing turbo (with oil & water cooling)
  • Ceramic coated turbine inlet pipe
  • Ceramic coated exhaust housing
  • Ceramic coated exhaust outlet
  • Large 3" oval to round transition for the exhaust outlet gases
  • Removable down pipe held in place by a V-band clamp so it's easy to remove the muffler and change the oil filter
  • Large intercooler assembly which is fed fresh air directly through the front grille
  • Large air filter assembly which is fed fresh air directly through the front grill without blocking the intercooler
  • Uses the stock intake plenum
  • Eliminates the stock air box & headlight supports integrating a new aluminum headlight support bracket
  • Uses Power Commander V fuel control with a 2 bar map sensor
  • Includes a Wideband Commander for air/fuel ratio reading
  • Includes a LCD screen setup to show engine rpm, throttle position, air/fuel ratio, and boost pressure
  • Retains the stock muffler for quieter than stock decibels
190+ hp at the crank (100+ hp at the track) with the stock muffler running 6 lbs of boost

Base Kit: $3995 (includes all turbo kit components including Wideband Commander and LCD screen display which will show engine rpm, throttle position, air/fuel ratio, and boost pressure)

Deluxe Kit: $4799 (includes all items in the above base kit as well as a clutch mod, primary spring, arms, pins, helix, gear, and chain)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ulmer 1200 4tec turbo.jpg (156.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Ulmer 1200 4tec turbo.jpg 2.jpg (152.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Ulmer 1200 4tec turbo.jpg 3.jpg (153.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Ulmer 1200 4tec turbo.jpg 4.jpg (131.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Ulmer 1200 4tec turbo.jpg 5.jpg (176.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Ulmer 1200 4tec turbo.jpg 7.jpg (53.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Ulmer 1200 4tec turbo.jpg 6.jpg (123.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg ulmer 1200 4tec turbo.jpg 8.jpg (145.4 KB, 19 views)

Canada's #1 Source for Peformance Products ATV to TOP FUEL

www.2koolperformance.com

Home of Industry Leading TRAIL TERMINATOR Clutch Kits!
Now Available for ProCross 800HO, 800 ETEC, 1200 4TEC, FX NYTRO,VECTOR & VIPER!

For Sled-Werx Racing Tech/order support please email us before sending us a PM. sales@2koolperformance.ca
sled-werx racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS : provided from DOOtalk

Answered in 'red' by ALLEN ULMER

Posted Today, 08:29 AM
2010 1200 4-tec, on 20 October 2010 - 12:50 PM, said:
I just spoke to Spence at 2Koolperformance up here in Canada and he just added the kit to his product line. So, for us Canadians, we don't have to hassle with the borders and importation issues.
www.2koolperformance.ca/sled_werx/index.htm#power.

It's getting cold up here!!

Yes 2 Kool Performance will be our Canadian distributor. I believe he is offering free shipping in Ontario & Quebec also.

NB-REV800X said:
I wonder what 190hp feels like on the trail for a day of riding? Would one get bored with it quickly?

I think many who have driven true trail sleds will tell you that 190 to 200 hp is about the perfect combination for trail riding. Horsepower levels above that in most areas just aren't needed as you can't use the extra power or it becomes a handful to control!

YamaDooPolCat said:
We get a lot more powder snow in Western Canada and the mountains, for most of the riding season, or at least when you need turbo power. So I was wondering why put the air intake in area of the sled that get plugged solid with snow?

This kit is designed for trail type riding only. The intake could be relocated to draw fresh air from the same area of the hood that the stock air box draws fresh air, but all kits will ship with the intake located where you see in the pictures as it works very well located there for trail riding.

1019revagade said:
And how much intake noise is there on these turbo sleds?

It sounds stock until you turn it off you can hear the turbo spinning for a few seconds after shutting the motor down, otherwise it sounds stock.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

wileo, on 22 October 2010 - 07:42 AM, said:
What are your guys doing to the tra clutch to handle the boost. I like fpp kit because he mods the clutch?

We are doing virtually the same "pinning" mod that FPP does to the stock TRA. I also have in the works a very cost effective complete different clutch, but need to get some miles on it first.

danraywpd said:
WOW, Very interested in your kit.
how long would it take to install?
are there detailed instructions?
is the PCV a plug and play item or do I need to mess around with it?
what would be the lowest octane fuel I could safely run? Sometimes we can only get 87 out in the bush, I could carry octane boost with me? right?

Average install time will be about 6 to 8 hours total time. The instructions will be about a 8 page written pamphlet and then about another 8 pages of color pictures that you can look at.

The PCV is a simple plug it into the 3 injectors and the TPS sensor and go, you should not have to mess with it at all. The lowest octane recommended is 91 octane. You could get by with 87 octane by adding a octane boost like Torco Accelerator.

JB77, on 21 October 2010 - 01:24 PM, said:
Looks like an exact copy of a Powder Lites low boost kit right down to the nuts and bolts.

Well the nuts & bolts came from McMaster-Carr. The 3" oval to round transition and conjoining pipe was fabricated by myself and tig welded by my father. The intercooler core was ordered from Bell Intercoolers and then I made the end tanks and mounting brackets and my father tig welded it together as well. The exhaust inlet pipe was cut from a bend and the socket part of it was fabricated by a local exhaust shop here and then tig welded here as well. I did like the way Powderlites included the headlight pod bracket and got rid of the stock air box, I just like the way it cleans it up under the hood, so yes I guess that idea did come from Powderlites. Yes the turbo is located in the front of the sled and does go off of the stock manifold so I guess you could say Powderlites low boost, MC Xpress, Full Power Performance, ours, etc are all the same.

I will add - This kit offers more for your $$ than any existing kit on the market and the electronics package is the most user friendly to date. Any of our clients who we have shown walkthroughs of the PC5 have been amazed at how easy that product is to use and self adjust. Allen has done his homework here and ski-doo ( BRP ) owners should be very pleased. All purchases through Sled-Werx Racing on this Turbo Kit will receive full current and future map support through Allen at Ulmer , myself and Jim at Dynotech Research.

as well - We have designed a lineup of track dyno proven TRAIL TERMINATOR clutch kits with GOODWIN Performance for our ski-doo ( BRP ) followers. All kits were track dyno'd and will be provided rider specific, some of which are now shown on our sled-werx.com page for the new 800 ETEC

Cheers!
Spenc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement