Anyone know what engine code 30 means? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Nytro This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I tried a google search and a search on here and havent found much, I did find something about it being water related and something shorting out. Heres the story. Did some riding in northern maine and blew up my skidoo, one of four that blew up on the trip. So I traded it towards an 08 leftover nytro xtx which so far other than this problem has been awesome. I have only put 120 miles and for about 15 of them it has shut down and or cut out while riding and the engine light comes on after it has stalled out and flashes "30" where the trip meter reads. It wont start until you shut the dash off then it will run fine until you open it up again and does the same thing. The dealers are closed today and I wont be able to take it in until sometime later in the week. The total mileage is about 140+/-. Im just looking to see if someone can point me in the right direction as Im not sure if waterproofing the electrics(dielectric grease and silicone) would be covered under warranty although since it happened the first time in the first 15 miles it should be.
kshangraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Advanced Member

QUOTE (kshangraw @ Feb 21 2010, 01:45 PM)
Quote:
I tried a google search and a search on here and havent found much, I did find something about it being water related and something shorting out. Heres the story. Did some riding in northern maine and blew up my skidoo, one of four that blew up on the trip. So I traded it towards an 08 leftover nytro xtx which so far other than this problem has been awesome. I have only put 120 miles and for about 15 of them it has shut down and or cut out while riding and the engine light comes on after it has stalled out and flashes "30" where the trip meter reads. It wont start until you shut the dash off then it will run fine until you open it up again and does the same thing. The dealers are closed today and I wont be able to take it in until sometime later in the week. The total mileage is about 140+/-. Im just looking to see if someone can point me in the right direction as Im not sure if waterproofing the electrics(dielectric grease and silicone) would be covered under warranty although since it happened the first time in the first 15 miles it should be.[/b]

Nytro MTX code 30 = "Engine stops when an oil pressure drop is detected."

Check your oil level, and the float in the oil tank. Next thing is the oil pressure sensor...

motopsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): FX Nytro RTX
Previous Sled(s): RS Vector

here is a link to the TY forum that lists all the codes.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=83992
grizztracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 1999 Mach I
Previous Sled(s): To many to list.
Favorite Riding Area: N.E.K. / Canada
13-14 Mileage: 300 so far
12-13 Mileage: 600
11-12 Mileage: 1000
10-11 Mileage: 1300+
Riding Since: 1982

QUOTE (MotoPsycho @ Feb 21 2010, 06:14 PM)
Quote:
Nytro MTX code 30 = "Engine stops when an oil pressure drop is detected."

Check your oil level, and the float in the oil tank. Next thing is the oil pressure sensor...

[/b]
I thought that code 30 meant you got passed by a Ski doo.
Advertisement