Nytro fix for hand warmers? More juice to elements? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Nytro This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

There has got to be a way to increase the amount of electric getting to the hand warmers on this machine....I have switched from factory to RSI's and no change...or at least very little change. Does anyone have the schematics of the handlebar heater system so that I or someone can re-design this system? Bypassing the resistors or something....direct connect.....

Anyone else have any ideas? No wisemarks either.......i have heard them all. :
allpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): BLADER HYLANDER
Previous Sled(s): YAMAHAN XTX
Riding Since: 1964

Quote:
There has got to be a way to increase the amount of electric getting to the hand warmers on this machine....I have switched from factory to RSI's and no change...or at least very little change. Does anyone have the schematics of the handlebar heater system so that I or someone can re-design this system? Bypassing the resistors or something....direct connect.....

Anyone else have any ideas? No wisemarks either.......i have heard them all. :[/b]

YAMAHEATERS. ABOUT $200 CANADIAN LANDED. very hot on high even in 30 below weather. i speak from being a user of the product.
danx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Yup, Yamaheaters work well, just installed them 200 miles ago...they do the trick.

2004 XC600SP

2006 Freestyle chick magnet.
Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Do the yamaheaters have 1 setting only which is high or hot? Are they adjustable?
x2 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
Do the yamaheaters have 1 setting only which is high or hot? Are they adjustable?[/b]
The Yamaheters have all the same stock settings and in the off postion that is the highest heat setting. Yamaheaters are the best. My buddy put RSI on his to save $ and they are nowhere close as warm as mine. Defenitley worth the invetment.
nytro addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
The Yamaheters have all the same stock settings and in the off postion that is the highest heat setting. Yamaheaters are the best. My buddy put RSI on his to save $ and they are nowhere close as warm as mine. Defenitley worth the invetment. [/b]
X2 best thing you can do to your sled. Guy that makes this is a Yami rider and a great guy Go to TY for more info. Or you can PM me here. I have had this on my sled for a year now, works great. Your hand warmers are hot BEFORE you leave to ride.............Brian
Old 01-15-2010, 12:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 yamaha apex xtx
Previous Sled(s): AC SD POL and YAM they are all the same
Favorite Riding Area: genesee county
13-14 Mileage: 1500+
12-13 Mileage: 1400
11-12 Mileage: 500
10-11 Mileage: 1300
Riding Since: 1991

i have the yamaheater and they didnt feel any wamer than the stock high setting (which isn't warm enough)...the difference i noticed was the grips were to the warmest point right way and didnt have to wait for the luke warm heat which is better than nothing i guess.
geez150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Mine came from the dealer with a set of 06 Apex bars (they had a recall on these so the dealer had a bunch of them laying around)and a 2 or 3 inch riser on it...now on high my hands burn. My buddy and I both have this set up and have about 5000 miles between us on the machines with out any problems. Cheap and easy fix that works.
09 FX Nytro XTX: Drag N Fly's,Yamaha mountain skis with snow trackers , Hygear torsion spring spacers, fuel caddies, white loops , summitseeker ice scratchers, K&N filters, CR10EK plugs, GYTR bumper, powermadd hand guards, roest skid plate, Excell high flow header, PC3, yamaha tow bumper.
charlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Watch out with the 06 bars as they draw too much juice, be careful, only run them as high as you need to not any higher, and warn others if you lend your sled out............Brian
Old 01-21-2010, 12:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
i have the yamaheater and they didnt feel any wamer than the stock high setting (which isn't warm enough)...the difference i noticed was the grips were to the warmest point right way and didnt have to wait for the luke warm heat which is better than nothing i guess.[/b]
Here check this out from the TY site, something to make the Yamaheaters even hotter................

TY Advertiser
TY Advertiser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:07 pm Post subject: Nytro Boost Module for your YamaHeater Reply with quote
A few weeks ago I got a call from Bret, he had purchased a YamaHeater for his '09 Nytro.
His grips did get warmer, however they didn't get as warm as he needed and they should have been.
As things have worked very well with the YamaHeater, figured we had a bad connection or something.
So we worked together to figure out what was going on.
Everything was working fine... Hmmmmmm...
Working perfect, yet still cold...

Turns out, the factory, made the bars even COLDER! VeryCold
Why? I can't answer, supplier change maybe? Dunno
Yet they are colder. Head Bang

All the test sleds we had field tested with apparently had the warmer bars, and had never really ran into the issue.

A couple years ago I had worked on a boost module for our sleds, just in case some sleds needed it.
The base YamaHeater worked fine for most everyone so I shelved the project for a while.

After finding out some of the sleds were colder yet, I again started working rapidly on the Boost module.
(Luckily had built & tested some prior, just hadn't field tested or performed destructive tests.)

Worked like crazy for 3 days to get some test units ready to field test at the TY ride in Muni. Rock On
(Not alot of sleep... lol)
(No matter how many calculations & measurements you do, what REALLY matters is how they work & feel on the trail!)

That's alot of what we were doing at the Muni Ride, installing the Boost Modules for field testing.
TY guys are great!
I really appreciate Mr Sled, Only Blue, Karen, Poleclimber, YamaGirl, Rick and others that helped with input on the field testing. This Site Rocks

Things went VERY well!
Poleclimber was great about letting me test his unit on Only Blue's wifes Nytro.
(Get the freezing woman test. lol) Lets Dance
She liked it so well, she threatened me with bodily harm when I had to take it back... Hide

The Boost Module makes the YamaHeater AND all the factory settings warmer!
Everyone that used it had to turn the heat on their bars DOWN for comfort, THAT is a BIG plus! Drink

In the meantime, I have gotten other calls from guys that have the same cold bars,
and have been letting you guys know I have something coming for you very soon.

Before & since I returned from the Muni Ride, performed destructive testing of the modules.
The fail-safes built into the Boost Module performed flawlessly!
(Was NOT able to "let the Magic Smoke out"!)
That means they will work for you, when you need it, for a long, long time.

The next issue was/is GETTING parts to build more!
Have been working like crazy to locate & source the required parts.
2 weeks ago I placed an order for parts that took a serious chunk of money.
By ordering in large quantities, I can get better pricing, however parts that work to -40C/F are still costly.

For a limited time I am making them available to you at a token cost, simply to help defray my costs. ($30+shipping)
(This is Much less than they are costing me.)
If you purchased a YamaHeater for a 08-10 Nytro or 08-10 Apex & they aren't quite warm enough yet, this is what you need.
Will send you one at the reduced cost, just get your order in soon.
They will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
All units are Plug & Play, they simply plug right in, no wiring required.
It may take a week or so before new orders are shipped.
All my existing orders must come first.
www.yamaheater.com

This time tomorrow FedEx says I will have my first shipment of parts & the guys will be assembling & testing immediately.
Plan to have all of them shipped to those I have promised this week yet.
(Am printing shipping labels today for those waiting now.)

For now, the Boost Module will be a separate unit that connects in with your existing YamaHeater.
Eventually, they will be integrated into the same case/assembly.

My priority here is getting them completed/tested, & shipped to you FAST so that you can use them now. Thumbs Up

Appreciate the patience of those that have ordered & waited for a while.
I can say, you will be VERY happy with the results. Rock On

Rock Way Cool
Advertisement