RSI HI Power Handwarmer Element, Anyone Try it? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Nytro This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
LIT
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '15 Poo Pro-X SB8
Previous Sled(s): '00 ZR6, '03 F7, '07 Dragon, '09 NytroSE, '12 Poo SB8
Favorite Riding Area: Northern WI
13-14 Mileage: 1400
12-13 Mileage: 1300
11-12 Mileage: 800
10-11 Mileage: 1600
Riding Since: '82

Quote:
Coming from an 03.5 Blair Morgan Rev 800 here for 4 years and I'm more than happy with the switch to the FX Nytro RTX. To sum it up, the FX Nytro is everything the Rev is and much more. The power is better, the fuel mileage is better, the shocks/suspension is better, the ergos are better, and it has Yamaha quality and dependability. I honestly can't say a single bad thing about my Rev though, it was an incredible and tough sled that never let me down, however, the FX Nytro is just several steps ahead, more than likely due to advances in technology over the years. If you buy an FX Nytro and plan to do some off-trail riding, I recommend a track upgrade and a wider ski upgrade. You might want to upgrade the handwarmers to RSI's as well.

Good Luck[/b]
Just wondering if anyone has tried these as fix for the Handwarmers on any of the '06 and Newer Yamies

RSI Race Shop, Inc.

There are two types of people in this world....those who make things happen and those who ask "What just happened?"
LIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Yamaha
Previous Sled(s): Yamaha
Favorite Riding Area: Snow!
10-11 Mileage: 500
Riding Since: 5

I've got them
I dont know if I hooked them up wrong or what but they dont seem to work the best(no better then the stock ones).
Then again i dont got the gaunlets or big handgaurds I just got powermadd handgaurds so that might make a difference.
440charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Just picked up a new 09 XTX yesterday I have been on artic cats for awhile, I hear everyone on here saying yamaha hand warmers suck so I went out and started my XTX to check out the hand warmers. I put the hand warmers and thumb warmer on high and they don't seem to work. There is some heat but not enough to do anything and it is 45*F . This can't be right is something wrong with it or is this what everyone is talking about? Does yamaha have a fix for this or do I need to find a fix? What are you guys doing to fix it? I can't believe yamaha would slack on something so important as hand warmers everything else seems to be built so well. Thanks for any help.
twt1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Current Sled(s): 2015 Polaris RMK 800 LE
Previous Sled(s): Polaris
Favorite Riding Area: Where it's deep!
Riding Since: 1978

Quote:
Just wondering if anyone has tried these as fix for the Handwarmers on any of the '06 and Newer Yamies

RSI Race Shop, Inc.[/b]
All my customers that have purchased them from us have reported they work GREAT! I personally have not needed to try them on my 09 Polaris.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2001 srx 2000 srx
Favorite Riding Area: 500' grass/St.Helen MI
Riding Since: 1988

Quote:
Just picked up a new 09 XTX yesterday I have been on artic cats for awhile, I hear everyone on here saying yamaha hand warmers suck so I went out and started my XTX to check out the hand warmers. I put the hand warmers and thumb warmer on high and they don't seem to work. There is some heat but not enough to do anything and it is 45*F . This can't be right is something wrong with it or is this what everyone is talking about? Does yamaha have a fix for this or do I need to find a fix? What are you guys doing to fix it? I can't believe yamaha would slack on something so important as hand warmers everything else seems to be built so well. Thanks for any help.[/b]
they work onlt above 4500rpm if I'm not mistaken and if you hit the breaks the go out the warmers are not great but do work on mine specially if you're running hard the harder the better they work and buy good gloves to I used some gaunlets I had laying around and was able to ride in jersey gloves so they do work but they catch so much air it fells like they don't just my opinion
yamaruge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 Apex 128
13-14 Mileage: 5100 km
12-13 Mileage: 4500 km

Yes the warmers suck!
No, Yamaha isn't doing anything to help the 08 and 09 buyers, but they are doing something for the 2010 line.

I'm considering getting Rockmeister's kit over at TY. apparently the reviews are great. See the thread here:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=67236
grimm is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement