New Nytro firs Yamaha ever. - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Nytro This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2017, 11:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
zeg
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Indy and 2005 IQR 440 moded to 600ho
Previous Sled(s): 1989 sport 340/1992 indy440/1998 storm/1996 xlt/2001 xcr800/
Favorite Riding Area: my camp
13-14 Mileage: 814 miles
Riding Since: 1990
Default New Nytro firs Yamaha ever.

I have had sled since I was 16 years old. Always owned Polaris sleds. This year I sold my Assault 600 and got my hands on a 2010 nytro with a little over 10k miles. I got a really good deal on it and I wanted to get my feet wet with a four banger. Anything I should look for maintenance wise? I already know about the bulk head, sliders, hand warmers, overheating issues and i am not to concerned with them. I have check the sled and it seem in ok shape for the millage. I am switching the track tomorrow it's going to give me a good chance to overhaul the undercarriage at the same time. Any input would be great thnx
zeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2017, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Swap skis for curves xs with 4" carbide, 1/2" toe out. Star 128" make a world of difference

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
sxvipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 03 SXR 600 Triple, 08 FX Nytro
Previous Sled(s): 1989 exciter 570, 97 v-max 600
Favorite Riding Area: my backyard
Riding Since: 90's

I swapped my mechanical relays for solid state ones, they say they can freeze up. Not sure if they came that way by 2010 or not. You can tell the solid state relays are red not black. And I will be putting copper exhaust doughnuts in after this season. The stockers are knows to fail "so I have read". I think your subframe is good but mine is an 08 so I need to gusset it you'll have to search your year. I'm new to 4 strokes as well but I'm learning to love it. Awesome power on tap. No more burning down a motor and having fresh pistons and rings in by last call though haha.
BlueStreak600T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
zeg
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Indy and 2005 IQR 440 moded to 600ho
Previous Sled(s): 1989 sport 340/1992 indy440/1998 storm/1996 xlt/2001 xcr800/
Favorite Riding Area: my camp
13-14 Mileage: 814 miles
Riding Since: 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak600T View Post
I swapped my mechanical relays for solid state ones, they say they can freeze up. Not sure if they came that way by 2010 or not. You can tell the solid state relays are red not black. And I will be putting copper exhaust doughnuts in after this season. The stockers are knows to fail "so I have read". I think your subframe is good but mine is an 08 so I need to gusset it you'll have to search your year. I'm new to 4 strokes as well but I'm learning to love it. Awesome power on tap. No more burning down a motor and having fresh pistons and rings in by last call though haha.

Yup I checked mine and sub frame is straight. I had to change the a arm bushing. I replaced them with a mountain performance oil lite bushing kit. The 2 strokes are getting less reliable then the old ones and are getting 2 to 3 time more expensive to fix. The Nytro doesn't handle neer as good as the pro x poo's but not having to pay 3000$ for a rebuild everay couple of years is really good for my wallet. Ill take the extra weight and deal with it.
zeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement