Hardcore Sledder banner

sno pro thundercat?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  arcticthunder 
#1 ·
I wanted to know if anyone out here is running sno pro shocks or any other shocks (aftermarket or from another sled) on there Tcat or big triple for a more plush ride. I am looking to make my newly aquired 00 tcat more forgiving on my back and wanted to know what i can do to get it to ride and handle better up front and in the rear... if its possible. Thanks!

#3 ·
Yes I am, I had a rear x link shock disconnected and added a reservoir to it, works awesome, just the hose was too short and it had more of a bend then I'm comfortable with, so I took it off and going to install a longer hose that will allow more flex(have a firecat sno-pro shock on it now) I have fox zero pros(off a m7) in the front ski shocks with adjustable reservoirs I added, front skid shock is also a zero. It rides great now, stock it rode shitty at best, and you couldn't go anywhere fast with out crashing. This is all on a 99 zrt with the 43" front end. Way better then the zr cce I had previously, its up on par with my firecats if not better.

#4 ·
converted mine to floats in the front and zero's in the rear. hope to be adding a float in the rear soon...

#5 ·
Yes I am, I had a rear x link shock disconnected and added a reservoir to it, works awesome, just the hose was too short and it had more of a bend then I'm comfortable with, so I took it off and going to install a longer hose that will allow more flex(have a firecat sno-pro shock on it now) I have fox zero pros(off a m7) in the front ski shocks with adjustable reservoirs I added, front skid shock is also a zero. It rides great now, stock it rode shitty at best, and you couldn't go anywhere fast with out crashing. This is all on a 99 zrt with the 43" front end. Way better then the zr cce I had previously, its up on par with my firecats if not better.[/b]

Did you revalve any of the shocks or have to change bushings or do anything else to bolt them up? Are the shocks equal in length to the stock shocks? I would like to put a post in the "wanted" section and like the setup you are running and how happy you are with it. If you dont mind could you fill me in on what sleds the shocks you are using should come from so there is no guessing on my part to whether they should fit or not? Thanks!

#6 ·
I used M7/m6 front shocks, with the internal half inch spacer removed which puts the length 17 7/8" I believe. Rear shocks were off a firecat sno pro, you will need to add spacers on the rear susp shock rods that go on the outside of the rear shock to space them a part for clearance to accomodate the bigger shock, the rear shocks on firecats, zr's x-fires are all the same length at 14.5". The front skid shock is also off a firecat, which I added a spacer to get it closer to the stock length, its a bit longer but it didn't hurt anything(a 05-06 fcat sp shock is shorter already so you can just look for that one). I also have the rear skid mounted in the lower mount holes on the tunnel, the front has the holes in the inner reinforcement plate, it just has to be drilled out, and the rear is mounted in the lower drop bracket. I do my own shock work, I did not change valving but ran differant oils, its not stiff at all, ride is plush and very predictable. The 43" front end I got was from a 01 zr 440 sp, but I believe any 2000 on up a arms and spindles will bolt on, with longer shocks. The m7 front shocks will only work if you add the 43" front end or they will be too long.

#7 ·
I'm running m series floats up front - awesome on the trail, initially soft for good stutter absorbtion, and stiffen progressively for a bottom less fell - awesome upgrade, and worth every penny. In the rear I installed a snopro crossfore skid, with the zero pros and it devoures the bumps!! The thundercat is a heavy chassis, and really benefits from the stiff valving of the snopro shocks, you can also run the springs a little softer than your setup with soft shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.