750 turbo on the Dyno - HCS Snowmobile Forums

FST/4 stroke This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Looking for performance parts (ECU's, headers, intercooler, ect.) for a Polaris 750 turbo to do some dyno testing at Dynotech Research. My 06 FST will be the mule. It has all the up dates done. Lets see if the parts that we are buying are working for us the way we expect them to. This will be published in Dynotech. Contact Jim for more info. http://www.dynotechresearch.com/ .

Test sled:
2006 Polaris FST
3000 miles
updates done.
cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2009, 02:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2007 DRAGON 700, 4500 MILES
Previous Sled(s): 2002 EDGE-X 800,6400 miles, 1999 XCR 800
Favorite Riding Area: YELLOWSTONE
10-11 Mileage: 520 so far
Riding Since: 1985
Talking

Quote:
Looking for performance parts (ECU's, headers, intercooler, ect.) for a Polaris 750 turbo to do some dyno testing at Dynotech Research. My 06 FST will be the mule. It has all the up dates done. Lets see if the parts that we are buying are working for us the way we expect them to. This will be published in Dynotech. Contact Jim for more info. http://www.dynotechresearch.com/ .

Test sled:
2006 Polaris FST
3000 miles
updates done.[/b]
I look forward to that dyno test. Do you have a planned schedule date as of yet??

I want to put one of those FST motors into a POLARIS RZR

Have you had any issues with the motor in your sled in 3000 miles???

Byron Circa 1984, '72 Dodge Colt, Full Tube Chassis, Strange Struts, 4 Link, Koni Coil Overs, 15" x 33", Mild 426 Wedge, Torqueflite, Lexan windows, Dzus Fasteners & Quick Release Pins Everywhere, All Polished Aluminum Interior, Fuel Cell, "Weld" Superlite Wheels, 2220 lbs. w/Driver, Leaving the Starting Line Carrying the Front Wheels and Being Plastered into the Back of the Seat and Stopping it from 137+ m.p.h. by Pulling the Parachute-PRICELESS!!!

Byron, 1982, 71 Dodge Demon, 426 Wedge, Aluminum 4-speed, Narrowed Dana 4.56, Alston Bars & Floater, SS Springs, 12.20" x 31.25" Firestones, Polished Centerlines, 10 pt Rollcage, Aluminum wheel tubs, Fiberglass fenders, hood, & decklid

1986 INDY 600 LIMITED EDITION CHROME PACKAGE [/b]91 M.P.H. @ RADAR RUNS 1000' (6000+ MILES) TRAILERED TO YELLOWSTONE IN 1988
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '11 Assault Switchback
Previous Sled(s): too many to choose from

would be interesting to see this kit tested:
http://www.dahlbackracing.se/polaris.asp?languageid=1
(BTW, just noticed on the dyno sheet that the stock and mod HP/Tq curves don't cross at the same rpm.... hmm....)

A buddy got it and is happy with it, but have also read that it delivers quite a bit shy of 190HP.
00 XCR800 - Pro-X rear skid w/lowered front arm, otherwise stock. My trail rocket
99 XC700SP - 12000 miles - needs work
97 XLT SKS 2up got it for free - 13000 miles and still runs good
ivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '09 Z-1 Turbo '09 Dragon 800 Switchback Turbo
Previous Sled(s): '03SKS700 '00XCR800
Favorite Riding Area: From my back yard
12-13 Mileage: ~1800
Riding Since: '69!

Quote:

Test sled:
2006 Polaris FST
3000 miles
updates done.[/b]
Haven't looked into upgrades, as I don't have an FST, but I'm very much looking forward to the results you get! That is the reasons I subscribe to DTR, to see what is possible and real, not blog-able!!

----------Join a Club!! Our trails depend on you!!----------
RedBeard68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Haven't looked into upgrades, as I don't have an FST, but I'm very much looking forward to the results you get! That is the reasons I subscribe to DTR, to see what is possible and real, not blog-able!![/b]
When is going to be done that was posted over a month ago?
tripleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
When is going to be done that was posted over a month ago?[/b]
I myself am very interested!!! I own a 06 switchback with approx 12000 hard to the max riding!!!! Both in the mountains as well as ditchbangin. Love the sled but starting to get bored due to lack of power! Neeeeeeeed more!!
switchbackfst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
I myself am very interested!!! I own a 06 switchback with approx 12000 hard to the max riding!!!! Both in the mountains as well as ditchbangin. Love the sled but starting to get bored due to lack of power! Neeeeeeeed more!![/b]
Cleveland please contact me. I would like to summit one of my intercoolers for testing.

zornigvw at comcast dot net

Thanks
Jim
zornigvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Thanks for stepping up with the intercooler. I will keep you posted. Jim C at Dynotech is still interested in doing this. The only problem is you and one other guy are the only ones to offer up the use of your product.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 Adventure 800, 2006 FST Classic
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec
13-14 Mileage: 2700
12-13 Mileage: 3000

Quote:
Thanks for stepping up with the intercooler. I will keep you posted. Jim C at Dynotech is still interested in doing this. The only problem is you and one other guy are the only ones to offer up the use of your product.[/b]
I can offer a ECU with custom programming by Yayou from Polarisfiles. I can bring it to the test site and do the switch. Takes about 45 minutes to swap out.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Thanks, I'll get in touch with you soon. This might be shaping up. If there are any shops I should be calling post them or pm me. Snowmobile season opens for my area on DEC23.
Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement