Hardcore Sledder banner

2010 IQ Turbo Dragon

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Kicker806 
#1 ·
Well, after spending countless hours on these forums i realized how insanely helpful everyone on here is. I finally took the time to make an account, because theres a lot of things i would love to do to my sled. I just picked up a 2010 iq turbo dragon with 2100 miles on it from a dealership. Great shape, i will be sure to get pics soon. Its really my first sled, being young this is the first sled i've had the money to buy and consider "mine" and not "mine thats really my dads." Naturally the first thing i did was come here and read up on all things, good and bad, people were/are saying about the sled. The big things that stood out to me:

1. Get a boost guage

2. Double check all hoses and routing (of wiring as well)

3. Replace clamps? Some say yes, some say no from what i read...

Now, im 16 so obviously pretty new to this. Been riding for enough years that i know what im doing on most external repairs and issues, but dont have the skills or guts to really go all in and tear apart my engine to do mods and/or repairs. Is there anything else that i can/should do right away to prevent issues when the snow falls? And as far as installing a boost gauge, which hose would i need to splice in order to attach it, and where? Im kind of a speed junkie as it seems many here are (don't get me wrong, i love an all day cruise through the trails...but also like to beat my dad and uncle across the lake) and would love to get the most top end out of my sled. I know it will never be an 1100 turbo, but i'd still like to break 100 when i pin it. Thanks to all in advance...sorry for my newbie-ness!

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
boost gage is a good tool but don't be disappointed to see little to no boost on the stand, have to load the motor to get boost , I have the same sled, with several mods, get or make a leek tester , its a cheap and useful tool, if its leaks it will be down on power, PICK YOUR RACE ! don't run back to back, the fst builds heat and will not perform as well , let it cool down, put the slp vents in it , if not there, its a must , its the heat thing again, and yes, Polaris files, its where all the fst guys hang out, and they can and will be tons of help, great bunch of guys THIS SLED IS FOR SALE $6500. 2112 FLASH, WITH EVERYTHING TO SUPPORT IT . runs great, 17mpg , 989-859-8808 calls work best, FOR SALE , NEW SLED ORDERED

Attachments

#4 ·
Well, after spending countless hours on these forums i realized how insanely helpful everyone on here is. I finally took the time to make an account, because theres a lot of things i would love to do to my sled. I just picked up a 2010 iq turbo dragon with 2100 miles on it from a dealership. Great shape, i will be sure to get pics soon. Its really my first sled, being young this is the first sled i've had the money to buy and consider "mine" and not "mine thats really my dads." Naturally the first thing i did was come here and read up on all things, good and bad, people were/are saying about the sled. The big things that stood out to me:

1. Get a boost guage

2. Double check all hoses and routing (of wiring as well)

3. Replace clamps? Some say yes, some say no from what i read...

Now, im 16 so obviously pretty new to this. Been riding for enough years that i know what im doing on most external repairs and issues, but dont have the skills or guts to really go all in and tear apart my engine to do mods and/or repairs. Is there anything else that i can/should do right away to prevent issues when the snow falls? And as far as installing a boost gauge, which hose would i need to splice in order to attach it, and where? Im kind of a speed junkie as it seems many here are (don't get me wrong, i love an all day cruise through the trails...but also like to beat my dad and uncle across the lake) and would love to get the most top end out of my sled. I know it will never be an 1100 turbo, but i'd still like to break 100 when i pin it. Thanks to all in advance...sorry for my newbie-ness!
do a leak test first, if it holds pressure i would leave clamps, there is one clamp that will leak on every machine in the early years, its part of the boost systym, attaches to the left throttle body,, my advice, sign up on pf,,, take seat and tank off, do leak down test, the numbers are on pf,, read every page, when i started four years ago i knew nothing about these, now i can do most things aside from engine work, i have boost guage but rarely look at it, rpm will tell you if sled is working good, a reflash is a great idea, 500$ but worth every penny, best of luck

#12 ·
Have to disagree about the boost guage not being useful. If you get a tank of bad fuel, if your intercooler isn't keeping up because ambient temps or if your sled is getting heat-soaked, it will tell you that your max boost levels aren't what they could be. By seat of the pants, you can't tell for sure if you've only got 16psi or a full 19psi boost (max for a re-flashed ECM).

#14 ·
Word of advice if you are new to the Turbo/FST and haven't been informed yet. DO NOT even touch the throttle (or shut it down) once it's started until it hits 125-130 degrees. If you do, you'll foul your plugs and it's not a 30 second job to replace them.

They have their pros and cons, an yes they are heavier, but a well tuned FST is a good runner and very stable on the trail. Have been REALLY happy with mine. And yes, the info and knowledgable guys on Polarisfiles are priceless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.