post up any good droid apps - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Discussion Forum Where sometimes threads get Hyjacked!!! This Forum for off topic, mostly non-sledding related talk. Just remember comments about a member's Family is 100% OFF LIMITS! Posting pictures of another members family, personal attacks, and threatening posts involving physical harm, WILL NOT be tolerated. The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread, a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
Bodacious Doo-Chick!!

Current Sled(s): 04 800 Gade :)
Previous Sled(s): Kitty's
Favorite Riding Area: Snow snow snow grass snow
Riding Since: 1990

Fireball does she have the advanced task killer on her phone? Mine was the same way but once I installed that and put the setting to crazy and to kill every 1/2 hour, my battery life more than doubled. If she doesn't have it then tell her to put it on there and use it cuz it works - Batty you too

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is
like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekguy View Post
I got to ask, do some of you guys actually buy diesel trucks based on how fast you can get from stop light to stop light?
Snobuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 01:43 AM   #22 (permalink)
Bodacious Doo-Chick!!

Current Sled(s): 04 800 Gade :)
Previous Sled(s): Kitty's
Favorite Riding Area: Snow snow snow grass snow
Riding Since: 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt20 View Post
The RAZR MAXX has the biggest mh battery ever put in a phone. It should last longer than anything out there right now. The battery isnt changeable so you need to take a charger. All 4G phones use more battery on 4G. You will get better life on 3G. But 4G is fawkin fast.
Dont get any of those worthless task killer apps. You phone already has that built in, and task killers use more battery even though some people say they dont.
If you really want to know what your phone can do, join a droid forum. Lotta techie geeks on them that teach you all kinds of shit.
Dont forget your phone can tether to your cpu right outta the box, no 3rd party apps needed. 4G on your cpu, just dont forget about your 5G or whatever plan you have. Unless your in the old unlimited plan. You can root your phone to make it a hot spot too, but its kinda frowned upon by VZW.......
I disagree on the app killer comment - see my post above

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is
like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekguy View Post
I got to ask, do some of you guys actually buy diesel trucks based on how fast you can get from stop light to stop light?
Snobuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:18 AM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05-F6 99-ZR600
Previous Sled(s): 87 Cougar 500 98 ZR580 00 ZR600LE
Favorite Riding Area: Maine

It all depends on how you use the phone for battery life. When it's searching to find singnal etc. thats when it sucks it up. We have to pay if we want to play and it's not a big deal to plug it in for a hour. I wanted to find apps just for snowmobile related???
Steve in Ct
sjr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 03 REV 600ho
Previous Sled(s): 03 ZX 600ho
13-14 Mileage: 1250
12-13 Mileage: 1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snobuni View Post
Fireball does she have the advanced task killer on her phone? Mine was the same way but once I installed that and put the setting to crazy and to kill every 1/2 hour, my battery life more than doubled. If she doesn't have it then tell her to put it on there and use it cuz it works - Batty you too
I'll mention it, Thanks! The way it is now I'd like to just toss her "smart phone" thats always dead right in the lake.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
fro
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 99 SRX
Favorite Riding Area: U.P.

BM get the car docking station/car charger combo thru Amazon...cheaper than Verizon or whatever carrier you have. This will set you up nicely to use Google maps navigation which is built in. I use this constantly...just tell it the address & bam instant directions with narration.

Google Latitude is a great app. It uses Google maps to pinpoint your location. Then if you have other friends/family with the same app, you can invite them to join and their locations will show up on the map. I use this with my oldest son....kinda piece of mind knowing where he is.

Look into apps that will locate your phone if it's lost or stolen. You DL it to your phone and computer. The puter will locate your phone using Google maps. From there if you think someone stole it....you can wipe it clean of all your info. If it's just lost you can have it sound an alarm so you can find it in the couch cushions or wherever. I have Mobile Defense...free & works great. I just got my son an HTC Thuderbolt (sweet phone) and I put Free AVG mobile anit-virus on it and it has this feature as well as AV features all in one.

As far as the battery life, I still have the original Moto Droid going on a few years & yes you definitely need a car charger between work and home. But like anything it all depends on how much network, roaming and GPS you use. I have a quick app to manually control all this stuff....just shut it off when not in use.

I'll post up more later.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): apex gt

fooducate....its pretty good. you scan foods and it will give you a rating plus whats a better alternative

If anyone can stop the police state, it is the people of the United States.
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."...........Ben Franklin
goldbergrx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Hero

Current Sled(s): 2010 rush, cat z440 sno pro
Previous Sled(s): bolens, cougar, 500 xcsp
Favorite Riding Area: central wi,...mich u p
11-12 Mileage: 600
10-11 Mileage: not enough
Riding Since: 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREBALL 440 View Post
yeah the barcode scanner is the cats ass. didn't work on a pair of shoelaces at walmart though. My sister scanned everything she got for christmas and it worked fine lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fro View Post
BM get the car docking station/car charger combo thru Amazon...cheaper than Verizon or whatever carrier you have. This will set you up nicely to use Google maps navigation which is built in. I use this constantly...just tell it the address & bam instant directions with narration.

Google Latitude is a great app. It uses Google maps to pinpoint your location. Then if you have other friends/family with the same app, you can invite them to join and their locations will show up on the map. I use this with my oldest son....kinda piece of mind knowing where he is.

Look into apps that will locate your phone if it's lost or stolen. You DL it to your phone and computer. The puter will locate your phone using Google maps. From there if you think someone stole it....you can wipe it clean of all your info. If it's just lost you can have it sound an alarm so you can find it in the couch cushions or wherever. I have Mobile Defense...free & works great. I just got my son an HTC Thuderbolt (sweet phone) and I put Free AVG mobile anit-virus on it and it has this feature as well as AV features all in one.

As far as the battery life, I still have the original Moto Droid going on a few years & yes you definitely need a car charger between work and home. But like anything it all depends on how much network, roaming and GPS you use. I have a quick app to manually control all this stuff....just shut it off when not in use.

I'll post up more later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldbergrx1 View Post
fooducate....its pretty good. you scan foods and it will give you a rating plus whats a better alternative
i got an app for that.....my wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt20 View Post
The RAZR MAXX has the biggest mh battery ever put in a phone. It should last longer than anything out there right now. The battery isnt changeable so you need to take a charger. All 4G phones use more battery on 4G. You will get better life on 3G. But 4G is fawkin fast.
Dont get any of those worthless task killer apps. You phone already has that built in, and task killers use more battery even though some people say they dont.
If you really want to know what your phone can do, join a droid forum. Lotta techie geeks on them that teach you all kinds of shit.
Dont forget your phone can tether to your cpu right outta the box, no 3rd party apps needed. 4G on your cpu, just dont forget about your 5G or whatever plan you have. Unless your in the old unlimited plan. You can root your phone to make it a hot spot too, but its kinda frowned upon by VZW.......

snowsledders member

http://www.snowsledders.com/index.php

[sigpic]here[/sigpic]
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 06 Xfire 700
13-14 Mileage: Pathetic
12-13 Mileage: 1000
11-12 Mileage: 785
10-11 Mileage: 500
Riding Since: 1997

Weather Bug, Netflix, Weather.com, EBay, Facebook

I have others but those are what I use 90%
Old 02-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Hero

Current Sled(s): 2010 rush, cat z440 sno pro
Previous Sled(s): bolens, cougar, 500 xcsp
Favorite Riding Area: central wi,...mich u p
11-12 Mileage: 600
10-11 Mileage: not enough
Riding Since: 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalltheway View Post
Weather Bug, Netflix, Weather.com, EBay, Facebook

I have others but those are what I use 90%
as long as they are free, i will check them all out

snowsledders member

http://www.snowsledders.com/index.php

[sigpic]here[/sigpic]
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2004 pro xr 800

TD app for banking , compass, fb , the weather network , mps downloader , scanner , sled trax , i could go on for ever , i have the motorola atrix , been a great phone
Advertisement