Back rack with tool box - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Discussion Forum Where sometimes threads get Hyjacked!!! This Forum for off topic, mostly non-sledding related talk. Just remember comments about a member's Family is 100% OFF LIMITS! Posting pictures of another members family, personal attacks, and threatening posts involving physical harm, WILL NOT be tolerated. The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread, a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Ok, so I know this is probably a ridiculous question but here it goes. So I jsut put a back rack on my truck with the tool box rails so I could put my box back on it. With the rails all the way in it is still to wide to put it back on. I went out bought another box, which I thought was bigger, still the same problem. The rack is for a full size truck (i have it on and F-250) and the tool box is also for a full size truck. Just wondering what brand box are people using with this set up. I tried with a Husky box and that didnt work. Looking for something. It is driving my nuts why it is not working.
ejk2783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Is the rack made specifically for your ford? If it's a new truck ,inside bed dimensions could be different. The racks I see the boxes are mounted on channel iron or some have mounted them on wood. The box will sit above the bed by a few inches to line up with the rack. If you don't get it solved here,backrack has a FAQ section on their website. plowking
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

It is made for for a full size truck, it says superduty is included. I bought a longer box to catch the box rails on the back rack. Thanks for the reply.
ejk2783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement