Anyone work for Halliburton? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Discussion Forum Where sometimes threads get Hyjacked!!! This Forum for off topic, mostly non-sledding related talk. Just remember comments about a member's Family is 100% OFF LIMITS! Posting pictures of another members family, personal attacks, and threatening posts involving physical harm, WILL NOT be tolerated. The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread, a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Hey guys I just got a voice mail from the hiring lady at Halliburton here in ND and she wants me to come in for an interview. My question is I may have a chance to become a Lineman my boss said my books are in but has been saying that for like 5 Months now just keeps saying the same thing he hasnt had a chance to get them so I am not sure if he is for real or just blowing smoke up my ass. Halliburton Pays less per HR starting but they work 2 weeks on and 1 week off and you get paid 40hrs for the week you are off. So with the OT I would make more at halliburton in a year. So I guess I was just asking for some advice. Here is what one guy told me about halliburton he works there.

Quote:
At Halliburton. Im home everynight. You work 2 Weeks on 1 week off Paid. You are paid 40 hrs on your week off to do nothing. OR you can work your week off, and you start the week with 40hrs. Sounds nice huh? It is.

401k, Dental, Medical, Life Insurance. Halliburton matches what you put into your 401k. I figured it out, at the age of 45 if i stay with halliburton and the stock market does good ya know. I will have 2.6Million in my 401k. Thats enough incentive for me to work.

I work on the Frac Crew. Fracturing of wells basically, so the oil has a direction to flow. Then theres the cement crew that works more on the drilling rigs, they cement casing downhole. Then you have the foam frac crew, which works in Baker, MT. 2 weeks in baker, 1 week home paid.

Everyone at halliburton gets the 2 weeks on 1week off. Cement crew works whenever. You could ge ta call at 1 am. You never know when your going out. Frac crew, you know when your going, when the jobs are. I like my job alot.

Operator Assistant 1
Operator Assistant 2
Service Operator 1
Service Operator 2
Service Supervisor 1. 2. 3
Service Leader
FSQC (head of a camp)

Those are the steps, i am a Service Operator 2 making my way to service supervisor. Yes we work all 14 days, differnt jobs, different locations, fun time. Generally on setup/job days we get 15 hrs. Shop days, 10 hrs. Some jobs will go longer. I have worked 48 hrs straight before.[/b]

om
VmaX 600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

oh ya here is some more info for this job

Job Details
Since 1919, Halliburton has been opening Worlds of Opportunity around the globe. We're one of the world's largest and most safety-conscious providers of oil field services. Come in and explore your future!

We bring out the best in wells - and people.

The right entry-level opportunity has just surfaced at Halliburton. As a Frac Acid Operator Assistant I, your job is to learn basic safety and repair procedures using processes defined for this job. You will learn how to perform pre and post job inspections, perform and complete preventative maintenance procedures, and maintain support equipment. You can also expect to rig up and down service line equipment at the well site.

Requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid drivers license. You must also have successfully passed company tests and met competency task list requirements for this job.

Halliburton: Worlds of Opportunity for you!

Work Contract Type
Regular (US) / Permanent

Working Time
Full-time

om
Old 07-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
ZLZEBUB

i'd go with HALIBUTON......lots of sleddin one on and 2 off or whatever....you knows it DEFENSE CONTRACTOR right? you know alot of its employees are in IRAQ and AFGANASTANLEY right???? you know thats where the work might take ya right? just sos ya know.......but i for one will be proud of ya if ya do. that job could open up WORLDS......
Old 07-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
i'd go with HALIBUTON......lots of sleddin one on and 2 off or whatever....you knows it DEFENSE CONTRACTOR right? you know alot of its employees are in IRAQ and AFGANASTANLEY right???? you know thats where the work might take ya right? just sos ya know.......but i for one will be proud of ya if ya do. that job could open up WORLDS......[/b]

Yep I know all about that the guy i have been talking to me told me that. And its 2 weeks on and 1 week off or he said you can work the week off and start with 40hr so everything is OT.

om
Old 07-24-2007, 02:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Here is a Link to there benifits.

http://www.halliburton.com/careers/careers_ben_us.jsp

om
Old 07-24-2007, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Yep I know all about that the guy i have been talking to me told me that. And its 2 weeks on and 1 week off or he said you can work the week off and start with 40hr so everything is OT.[/b]
you wouldn't be going anywhere you didn't wanna go, frac is a pretty dick job. Go for it, as you move up you'll make more$$$
willy291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '13 m8 162 ltd
Previous Sled(s): 13m8,09 m1,08 m8, '10 m6, 11 f570, 05 f7ext,03 f7,96 zrt 600
Favorite Riding Area: home / bc
12-13 Mileage: 1800
11-12 Mileage: 400
10-11 Mileage: 2600
Riding Since: 14

i like my 9 days on and 5 days off for a oil company here in a canada... Nexen. i get all the benefits + bonus at the end of the year you get... and new company trucks to and from work.

14 days in a row too long i would find. you get your time off paid??? wow thats a bonus in itself.

i worked at weatherford for a year and for being on call my shift was like a 12 days on and 2 days off... was like i never left the fucking place. yeah i made piles of overtime but you need a break from all of it. plus i couldnt stand the retard boss anymore.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
i like my 9 days on and 5 days off for a oil company here in a canada... Nexen. i get all the benefits + bonus at the end of the year you get... and new company trucks to and from work.

14 days in a row too long i would find. you get your time off paid??? wow thats a bonus in itself.
i worked at weatherford for a year and for being on call my shift was like a 12 days on and 2 days off... was like i never left the fucking place. yeah i made piles of overtime but you need a break from all of it. plus i couldnt stand the retard boss anymore.[/b]

Yeah thats what I was thinking also that 14 days on is alot. I work only Mon-Thursday now so that is nice I can do whatever I want every weekend and also I am worried if I go somewhere else I will get a dick head for a boss. My bosses I have now are so easy going I can pretty much do whatever I want.

om
Old 07-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): r and a hacked togeather Snopro
Previous Sled(s): Xf700, F7sp, F5, ZLs,Zrs, Ext, Jags, el tigre
Favorite Riding Area: Back home In the Yoop
10-11 Mileage: 2000
Riding Since: 1988

my buddy just got a job for them in there engerneering depart, in there managemnt program and they are takeing care of him very well. He is really enjoying working for them. He got offers from both halliburton and baker. Baker offered more money but when he started looking at the benifits really hard, halliburton was the better offer in the long term than what baker offered. I may actually try to get in there my self in the service ops. I am going to visit him soon to see what is up down there. He said His plant is offering as much overtime as you want at the time being. He is with the Oil Drilling.
Greg B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
my buddy just got a job for them in there engerneering depart, in there managemnt program and they are takeing care of him very well. He is really enjoying working for them. He got offers from both halliburton and baker. Baker offered more money but when he started looking at the benifits really hard, halliburton was the better offer in the long term than what baker offered. I may actually try to get in there my self in the service ops. I am going to visit him soon to see what is up down there. He said His plant is offering as much overtime as you want at the time being. He is with the Oil Drilling.[/b]

Ya I bet they do take good care of him if he is in the Engeneering dept......I talked it over with my dad he says atleast take the interview see what they have to say. Then start pressuring my boss to either get me the books or atleast tell me I am not getting them.

om
Sponsored Links
Advertisement