Ryan Dungey Retires from Supercross and Motocross - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Discussion Forum Where sometimes threads get Hyjacked!!!Please Refrain from Political subjects UNLESS the subject is DIRECTLY related to snowmobiling.ALL non snowmobiling political posts will be deleted. This Forum for off topic, mostly non-sledding related talk. Just remember comments about a member's Family is 100% OFF LIMITS! Posting pictures of another members family, personal attacks, and threatening posts involving physical harm, WILL NOT be tolerated. The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread, a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Posting private messages from Members or Site Staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2017, 09:30 AM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Ma.
15-16 Mileage: Zero
14-15 Mileage: not much
Riding Since: 70 s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin' For Snow View Post
Wow. that is quite a moment!
The racing was minor compared to what went on saturday night there. Lots of hungover peeps around the race track sunday morning. Got to hang out with the z-man during the race in the ktm factory pits.
too slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 1993

Dungey was great for the same reasons that many people disliked him. Smooth, consistent, polite, and never rode over his head.

He was a class act. No doubt Tomac was faster this year. Just like Roczen before that and Villopoto before that. But Dungey lived on the podium race in and race out and rarely got hurt; that's what wins championships.

Last edited by Premium; 05-18-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Premium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 Switchback Assault
Previous Sled(s): 2012 800 ETEC Renegade
Favorite Riding Area: Snow and not alot of riders
15-16 Mileage: 100:(
14-15 Mileage: 1122
13-14 Mileage: 1455
Riding Since: 1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by too slow View Post
Most people can't understand why you'd want to beat yourself up like that in the first place riding a dirt bike.
I grew up eating and sleeping dirt bikes. I was too fat to be good at MX although I did try it a few times. I loved riding enduro races there were several a year within a few hours away, but like everything else they are all gone now unless you're a mx racer its not even worth it owning a dirt bike in the upper Midwest anymore. more people ice ride them then anything else around here, sad
BAREIN97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Ma.
15-16 Mileage: Zero
14-15 Mileage: not much
Riding Since: 70 s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAREIN97 View Post
I grew up eating and sleeping dirt bikes. I was too fat to be good at MX although I did try it a few times. I loved riding enduro races there were several a year within a few hours away, but like everything else they are all gone now unless you're a mx racer its not even worth it owning a dirt bike in the upper Midwest anymore. more people ice ride them then anything else around here, sad
Local new england enduros and hare scrambles are still going pretty good here, especially the hare scrambles program. Got a friend thats got a grown up son contending for the national hare scrambles title, he's a former netra champion up here. Gets harder every year to put an enduro on, with insurances, property permission and local laws, let alone enough volunteers qualified to run the checks.
too slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortune46x View Post
Somewhere fuse is standing up and applauding haha Dungeys #1 fan!

Few facts that racer x had mentioned blew my mind - out of the 20 championships he entered since going pro he won 9 of them. his average finish in all of his career was 2nd place.

Rumor is Jimmy Stewart is testing a KTM , Decoster doesn't like him so he wont be on the factory effort but he will have factory support.
Stick a fork in Bubba. He's got a kid now and he acts like he don't want to ride anymore. Malcolm says he has a hard time trying to get him on a bike.
nascarmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:42 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 15 XF8 CC (hers) 15 XF8 LE Green(me)
Previous Sled(s): M's, Xf's, F's in the shed
Favorite Riding Area: Staples MN,Cooke,Big Horns,Tog
16-17 Mileage: 330
15-16 Mileage: 47
14-15 Mileage: 870
13-14 Mileage: 2200
Riding Since: 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarmike View Post
Stick a fork in Bubba. He's got a kid now and he acts like he don't want to ride anymore. Malcolm says he has a hard time trying to get him on a bike.
Seems he never had the professional attitude.
Goin' For Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): SnoPro 500, z1 turbo, zr900
Previous Sled(s): all cats
Favorite Riding Area: Northern MN

Good for him. Being a lifetime district 23 member hopefully he'll come out to some hare scrambles and enduros.
mnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement