Arctic Cat Name to be used on snow vehicles only going forward - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Discussion Forum Where sometimes threads get Hyjacked!!!Please Refrain from Political subjects UNLESS the subject is DIRECTLY related to snowmobiling.ALL non snowmobiling political posts will be deleted. This Forum for off topic, mostly non-sledding related talk. Just remember comments about a member's Family is 100% OFF LIMITS! Posting pictures of another members family, personal attacks, and threatening posts involving physical harm, WILL NOT be tolerated. The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread, a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Posting private messages from Members or Site Staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09 Sno Xer
Favorite Riding Area: South of the Hill
Default Arctic Cat Name to be used on snow vehicles only going forward

It was also formally announced that Textron Off Road will be the name of all dirt product going forward, while Arctic Cat’s sub-brands Wildcat, Prowler and Alterra will remain under the Textron Off Road Brand. Arctic Cat will be the snow brand only, going forward.

Quote:
Textron Off Road to release Wildcat XX in spring 2018

April 20, 2017
Print
Email
Republish

Textron Off Road announced on Wednesday that it will be releasing its first side-by-side as the result of the Arctic Cat merger in the spring of 2018. The Wildcat XX will feature a 125-hp Triple 998 engine, 17.5 inches of front and rear suspension travel, King Shocks, KMC 15-inch wheels, 30-inch tires, full doors and a race-inspired ROPS.

It was also formally announced that Textron Off Road will be the name of all dirt product going forward, while Arctic Cat’s sub-brands Wildcat, Prowler and Alterra will remain under the Textron Off Road Brand. Arctic Cat will be the snow brand only, going forward.
Arctic Cat originally announced that the Wildcat XX would be made available in the fall of this year, however, Textron Off Road wants more time to perfect the model, reported John Collins, vice president — Consumer, of Textron Specialized Vehicles. Textron Off Road is aiming for a spring 2018 debut, though the release could come earlier, if the model is ready before then.

Textron Off Road will also be revealing a yet-to-be-named 100-plus horsepower side-by-side with class-leading suspension and an extended cab this fall. That vehicle was in development by Textron before the Arctic Cat acquisition.
These announcements were made Wednesday at an event in the Dallas, Texas, area. There, Textron Specialized Vehicles staff introduced media and about 50 dealers in attendance to the new Textron Off Road and Arctic Cat. The event was also simulcast to Textron Specialized Vehicles and Arctic Cat dealers across North America, as well as Textron Specialized Vehicles staff in Georgia and Minnesota. Textron Specialized Vehicles acquired Arctic Cat in March.

Powersports Business senior editor Liz Keener was on hand at the Dallas event and will have full coverage in the May 22 issue of PSB.
krom is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Phase 1.

Houston, we have a problem!
awful knawful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 M8 HCR, Wife 2012 M8 Retro, 1964 Husski
Previous Sled(s): Shitload of Cats
Favorite Riding Area: Revelstoke/ Sicomous BC
16-17 Mileage: 242
15-16 Mileage: 241
14-15 Mileage: 240
13-14 Mileage: 239
Riding Since: 1974

Thats shitty news....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My drinking team has a racing problem....
Wiser's De Luxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 1968

So what does this mean for the dealers?
nascarmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): The Couch
Previous Sled(s): '10 RMK 800/144, '01 600 XCSP
Riding Since: ~'79

Ghey.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 XF 7000 Limited
Previous Sled(s): 2008 F1000 2002 ZR800CCE 2002 ZR600CCE 2008 Yamaha Nytro
Favorite Riding Area: U.P.
Riding Since: 1982

Boy they're playing with fire regardless if they're owned by someone else the last thing you want to do is change the name on products people are loyal to. they will quit buying them if it's changed. I don't care who owns Arctic Cat but don't change the damn name on the side of products that I buy. I'm sorry but Textron is not a cool name to see down the side of a product

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Dusty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13 sba
Previous Sled(s): 01.5 700 xcsp
Favorite Riding Area: Anywhere there's snow
Riding Since: 1985

And it's begun. I give it a couple of years and we will be down to 2 and the arctic cat sign will be replaced with textron off-road.
nanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Life Time Member

So what color will Team Textron be???

What will become of Team Green....... . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstarrick:

because you are all assholes. birds of a feather. never been any truer then in here. douche bag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry 976:

And yet you're still here posting....

Jerry 976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '08 IQRR; '03 ProX 6; '07 XC5; 01 Indy 5
Previous Sled(s): '98 XC 6; '95 XLT; '76 Doo RV
Favorite Riding Area: Area 51 (Western Maine)
Riding Since: 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarmike View Post
So what does this mean for the dealers?
X2
caddisfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 XF 7000 Limited
Previous Sled(s): 2008 F1000 2002 ZR800CCE 2002 ZR600CCE 2008 Yamaha Nytro
Favorite Riding Area: U.P.
Riding Since: 1982

I never thought I would see this happen. I wonder what those working at the factory think, and the racers. Any time your company changes hands, its nerve racking. When a buyout occurs the changes need to be subtle in my opinion. Owning a brand doesn't mean you need to run out and change the name on everything. I work for one of the largest manufacturers in the world, they have bought multiple brands over the last 17 years. They leave the brands alone due to each brand has its loyal customer. Let your influence work on better manufacturing processes and quality.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Dusty P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement