Welcome to the Textron family - Page 43 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Discussion Forum Where sometimes threads get Hyjacked!!!Please Refrain from Political subjects UNLESS the subject is DIRECTLY related to snowmobiling.ALL non snowmobiling political posts will be deleted. This Forum for off topic, mostly non-sledding related talk. Just remember comments about a member's Family is 100% OFF LIMITS! Posting pictures of another members family, personal attacks, and threatening posts involving physical harm, WILL NOT be tolerated. The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread, a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Posting private messages from Members or Site Staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2017, 08:15 PM   #421 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awful knawful View Post
Do you have a brain?
Ok Warren Buffett....
2lapsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2017, 08:22 AM   #422 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Warren Buffet wouldn't put money into a loosing venture year after year. He's smarter than that. A retarded monkey is smarter than that!

You on the other hand......
awful knawful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:31 AM   #423 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2018 El Tigre 8000
Previous Sled(s): 16 ZR 6000 Ltd 14 ZR 8000 Ltd 12 F1100 T 11 F8 EXT 09 Z1T
16-17 Mileage: Not enough
15-16 Mileage: Not enough
14-15 Mileage: Lots
13-14 Mileage: Lots
Riding Since: 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by krom View Post
https://speedcat77.com/

Its a full on desert race buggy,
That is an impressive machine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krom View Post
Yamaha is cats larges dealer, and that is thriving??

stock market bs ahead:

Cat has become the snowmobile division of a company twice the market cap of yamaha, more than twice that of poo, and more than 3 times doo

yamahaha market cap 6.13 b
doo market cap 3.58 b
poo market cap 5.4 b
textron market cap 12.35 b
HUGE

Textron is moving production from plants in Augusta, Georgia and Berlin, Germany to St. Cloud and TRF, good for the Minnesota economy.

Haters are going to hate, so sad, so stupid
Old 05-20-2017, 10:46 AM   #424 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince View Post

HUGE

Textron is moving production from plants in Augusta, Georgia and Berlin, Germany to St. Cloud and TRF, good for the Minnesota economy.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #425 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13 sba
Previous Sled(s): 01.5 700 xcsp
Favorite Riding Area: Anywhere there's snow
Riding Since: 1985

Quote:

HUGE

Textron buyout has been a great thing for TRF. The employees are pumped because they're actually going to be working instead of the non stop layoff bullshit. I have a buddy that was going to have to sell his house because last year was even worse than usual. He's diehard cat and doesn't give a shit if they quit making snowmobiles as long as he gets a paycheck. What you madcatters can't seem to grasp is textron seems to only care about the dirt line. They had a plan and it's pretty obvious to see what's going on. As said before they bought a fully operational assembly and engine plant. That can immediately start producing their products made in America. Their already bringing in all of their atv products. Plus they also bought all of cats products that go right into them wanting to be a full fledged atv manufacturer along with a whole engineering team. Then changed the name to textron off-road to further themselves from the Arctic cat name. They could have just as easily changed the bad boy name to Arctic cat. Now Arctic cat is only snowmobiles and on their own. It will be easy for them to sell off Arctic cat or just completely shut down the snow line when sales are low and losing money. Arctic cat no longer has atv's as another source of income during the bad years on paper. Textron can easily find something else to be built here to replace them.

You show me some proof that I'm wrong and I will believe it. And it can't come from the propaganda paper Arctic insider. That's like saying Trump is a bad person then quoting the media as a reference. All bullshit.

As far as the haters going to hate. I ain't hating but I'm also not living in your dream world. Cat was going out of business-period. From quite a few people I've talked to, they didn't think they were going to have a job by the end of the year. They were a sinking ship and management wasn't even trying to man the life boats. Instead they kept moving full speed ahead. Textron saved many people's livelihood.
nanner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #426 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09 Sno Xer
Favorite Riding Area: South of the Hill

Quote:

HUGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deephaven View Post
History already tells us how this works. Textron buys a snowmobile company (1968). Hangs around until a few slow winters kill sales. At that time they have a firesale of the brand so cheap that the managers of the company can buy it back (1981). Obviously they weren't making investments in a sinking ship. That story wasn't colored by other off road vehicles that have been instantly integrated into a brand leaving just the snow group which was similar to what they bought in 1968. Last few winters haven't been good and the Cat product isn't really selling comparatively to Doo or BRP so what does that tell you that Textron is going to do?
Guess you need to work on your reading. Textron is already moving products, and production into arctic cat facilities....
krom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:49 AM   #427 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanner View Post
Textron buyout has been a great thing for TRF. The employees are pumped because they're actually going to be working instead of the non stop layoff bullshit. I have a buddy that was going to have to sell his house because last year was even worse than usual. He's diehard cat and doesn't give a shit if they quit making snowmobiles as long as he gets a paycheck. What you madcatters can't seem to grasp is textron seems to only care about the dirt line. They had a plan and it's pretty obvious to see what's going on. As said before they bought a fully operational assembly and engine plant. That can immediately start producing their products made in America. Their already bringing in all of their atv products. Plus they also bought all of cats products that go right into them wanting to be a full fledged atv manufacturer along with a whole engineering team. Then changed the name to textron off-road to further themselves from the Arctic cat name. They could have just as easily changed the bad boy name to Arctic cat. Now Arctic cat is only snowmobiles and on their own. It will be easy for them to sell off Arctic cat or just completely shut down the snow line when sales are low and losing money. Arctic cat no longer has atv's as another source of income during the bad years on paper. Textron can easily find something else to be built here to replace them.

You show me some proof that I'm wrong and I will believe it. And it can't come from the propaganda paper Arctic insider. That's like saying Trump is a bad person then quoting the media as a reference. All bullshit.

As far as the haters going to hate. I ain't hating but I'm also not living in your dream world. Cat was going out of business-period. From quite a few people I've talked to, they didn't think they were going to have a job by the end of the year. They were a sinking ship and management wasn't even trying to man the life boats. Instead they kept moving full speed ahead. Textron saved many people's livelihood.
Best post in the entire thread. This is the way I see it also.
awful knawful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:15 PM   #428 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awful knawful View Post
Best post in the entire thread. This is the way I see it also.
I don't see why they would spent $247 million to buy a factory in an area like TRF if they weren't intending to continue to build the snow products. Cat dirt products aren't competitive.
HoosierFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:18 PM   #429 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 15 XF8 CC (hers) 15 XF8 LE Green(me)
Previous Sled(s): M's, Xf's, F's in the shed
Favorite Riding Area: Staples MN,Cooke,Big Horns,Tog
16-17 Mileage: 330
15-16 Mileage: 47
14-15 Mileage: 870
13-14 Mileage: 2200
Riding Since: 1981

The insiders with all the answers.
Goin' For Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:38 PM   #430 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13 sba
Previous Sled(s): 01.5 700 xcsp
Favorite Riding Area: Anywhere there's snow
Riding Since: 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierFusion View Post
I don't see why they would spent $247 million to buy a factory in an area like TRF if they weren't intending to continue to build the snow products. Cat dirt products aren't competitive.

How much do you think it would cost to build a plant comparable to Arctic cat? It took 27 million to just build a new paint booth and that is just a smidgeon of the size of the plant. Not to mention the plant in St. Cloud. Then to stock it all with the equipment to run it along with hiring and training employees. I bet it would take 150 plus million to do it and 3 to 4 years to get it up and running full force. Then have to find engineers to design their own new equipment and develop a dealer network. Textron didn't even have to bat a eye for 247 million. They probably just opened up their petty cash drawer and went to work. They saw that Polaris is in tuff shape and saw a opening.
nanner is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement