Inovate Wideband O2 Sensor - HCS Snowmobile Forums

F series (07- ) This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I bit the bullet and ordered the Innovate Wideband O2 Sensor from D&D for my F-1000 with D&D Single and 2 degree timing key. Do you guys that have installed and used these have any recommendations for the installation and use of them? I donít have the unit here in my hands so I am just shooting from the hip with some of these questions so bear with me if this will be obvious when it shows up.

1. How does the record/log feature work when uploading to a laptop? Does it actually show the Engine RPM and Air/Fuel ratio at each point?
2. Are the instructions clear on how to mount them on a sled?
3. Do I need to be an electrical engineer to figure out the wiring on this thing?
4. What is the best way to heat/preheat the sensor to achieve the longest life?
5. What type of changes do you typically see when adjusting the settings on your boondocker? By this I mean does adjusting the boondocker one point up or down do much to the reading on the meter or should I expect to make some pretty extreme changes to the boondocker? (In excess of ten points)
6. Have you found that you have been able to adjust the midrange very much on this motor?
7. What readings do you like to see when trail riding, lake racing half mile, etc?
8. Where did you have your best luck mounting the sensor and running the wires?

I would like to go into this with as much knowledge as possible because I will basically be in the backwoods once I start working on this. Thank you for any help you can provide. Feel free to PM me as well if you would rather do that.

Thanks Again!!

MNF1000
MNF1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

TTT
Old 01-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Turbo Crosstour
Previous Sled(s): 2007 F8 Snopro
Favorite Riding Area: Canada/U.P.
13-14 Mileage: 1450
12-13 Mileage: 1359
Riding Since: 1972

Quote:
I bit the bullet and ordered the Innovate Wideband O2 Sensor from D&D for my F-1000 with D&D Single and 2 degree timing key. Do you guys that have installed and used these have any recommendations for the installation and use of them? I donít have the unit here in my hands so I am just shooting from the hip with some of these questions so bear with me if this will be obvious when it shows up.

1. How does the record/log feature work when uploading to a laptop? Does it actually show the Engine RPM and Air/Fuel ratio at each point?
2. Are the instructions clear on how to mount them on a sled?
3. Do I need to be an electrical engineer to figure out the wiring on this thing?
4. What is the best way to heat/preheat the sensor to achieve the longest life?
5. What type of changes do you typically see when adjusting the settings on your boondocker? By this I mean does adjusting the boondocker one point up or down do much to the reading on the meter or should I expect to make some pretty extreme changes to the boondocker? (In excess of ten points)
6. Have you found that you have been able to adjust the midrange very much on this motor?
7. What readings do you like to see when trail riding, lake racing half mile, etc?
8. Where did you have your best luck mounting the sensor and running the wires?

I would like to go into this with as much knowledge as possible because I will basically be in the backwoods once I start working on this. Thank you for any help you can provide. Feel free to PM me as well if you would rather do that.
Thanks Again!!

MNF1000[/b]
Not much detail in the instructions, wiring is pretty straight forward. I bored a hole in the face of my instrument cluster, lower left side and mounted the gauage there. It just barely fits there up against the analog meter. I tied the power & ground into the wiring for the 12v outlet. So only one plug (right above of the steering shaft) besides the original to connect when pulling the pod off the sled. I ziptied the LC1 on the outboard side of the RH bracket that holds the hood in place (parallel and inboard of the grey angle trim piece above the muffler). I wired the LC1 to the 12v plug on the vertical brace just outboard of the brakes. I put the ox sensor in the top of the muffler. Max power is a/f at 12.5 to 13.
artichuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 xf 1100 turbo limited
Previous Sled(s): lots
Favorite Riding Area: bedroom
11-12 Mileage: 1900
10-11 Mileage: 1600
Riding Since: kid

I installed mine on the rubber in your handlebar riser .right over the arctic cat logo.wires run down the steering post.

no problem with the pod this way and very easy to see
Old 01-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I have one ordered and on its way. Can you provide pictures of your installation?
ossipeelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
BAK

I am looking at buying the Innovate A/F gauge and sensor. Any experiences with them would be appreciated. I'm specifically interested in:

1. Is the response time when changing rpms quick?
2. Is there any issue with oil residue on the sensor?
3. Does it seem to be a better tuning tool than exhaust temp gauges?

Thanks.
BAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Current Sled(s): Canada's #1 Source for High Performance

BAK - give a call, we have them on a Hardcore/Sled-Werx Racing SPECIAL $379 CAD

Canada's #1 Source for Peformance Products ATV to TOP FUEL

www.2koolperformance.com

Home of Industry Leading TRAIL TERMINATOR Clutch Kits!
Now Available for ProCross 800HO, 800 ETEC, 1200 4TEC, FX NYTRO,VECTOR & VIPER!

For Sled-Werx Racing Tech/order support please email us before sending us a PM. sales@2koolperformance.ca
sled-werx racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
BAK - give a call, we have them on a Hardcore/Sled-Werx Racing SPECIAL $379 CAD[/b]
I have one on my hot rod car. It is a good unit. Check the Innovate Forum for helpfull info. To pick up RPM you will need a interface SSI-4 if I recall. But if the AC tach is calibrated it may be unnecessary expense. One thing you should know is that on a permanent install you need to wire the sensor correctly. The WB02 is sensitive to moisture hitting hot sensor(aka cold start). The sensor should begin warmup when the engine is just started. no sooner. worse case scenario is a preheated sensor on cold start. Nor sure is you want playback capability or just the readout as you drive. My unit stores datalogs of at least 2 min of running each session and I playback on kitchen table with favorite beverage. Other sensors can be addeed as TPS-VAC-RPM. and all appear in logs. They are very accurate. Not sure how they would hold up on a trail sled with the pounding.
Ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 09 & 12 800 cross
Previous Sled(s): cats and cats
Favorite Riding Area: Garrett County, MD
11-12 Mileage: not enough
10-11 Mileage: 1500

where is the best place to install the o2 sensor?

can?
expansion chamber?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
where is the best place to install the o2 sensor?

can?
expansion chamber?[/b]
I mounted the display (XD-16) on the dash just to the lower left of the spedo/tach. I mounted the sensor on top of the stock canister and mounted the LC-1 to a hand made mount on the spar right about the can. I wrapped it in heat reflective tape to be on the safe side. Sorry I don't have any pictures to help you. I can try and take pictures the next time I am where the sled is.

A couple other guys on here were very helpfull too so if you post your questions they might be able to help. Let me know too. I'll do what I can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement