Off Idle bog on my 92 Phazer II - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Phazer This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2008, 08:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Hey guys I finally got my phazer out for its second run yesterday and I have a bog on the bottom end. If I give it some throttle it bogs until about close to half throttle and then it rips pretty good.
I have pulled the plugs wires off and it seems the sled is only running on one cylinder on the bottom end. I can pull the plug wire off the clutch side plug and the idle doesn't change, but if I pull the fan side plug wire it stalls.
I have checked both plugs and they are both a nice tan colour. I also have cleaned the carbs twice just to make sure its not the carbs.
Could it be something electrical? Where should I check now?

Thanks for the help guys.
Matt
Zooman_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2008, 09:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

When you cleaned the carbs did you make sure both pilot jets and main jets are clean and you can see through them? Not trying to insult you, its just that some people dont know how to clean a carb properly.
natty793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

[quote]
When you cleaned the carbs did you make sure both pilot jets and main jets are clean and you can see through them? Not trying to insult you, its just that some people dont know how to clean a carb properly.

No problem, I did check the jets but who knows maybe I missed something. I am going to pull the carbs again and see what happens.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Matt
Old 03-12-2008, 12:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

I got a older venture with a 480 thats doing the same thing. I was wondering what you found? I took mine to a repair shop, hope he can get it running right. I can take off the air box and it runs better and RPM over 8000, but when i put the airbox back on it won't go above 6000 and runs like crap. Yes i opened up the airbox and its not plugged. Starts great and idles good. I expect to hear from him tomorrow or Thursday.

Mark
buckmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hey Mark I ended up taking the phazer to a local yamaha dealer and they cleaned the carbs again and now it runs great. I myself had taken the carbs right apart so I am not sure how I missed something but I guess I did.

Hopefully thats all that is wrong with yours.

Matt
Old 10-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey Mark I ended up taking the phazer to a local yamaha dealer and they cleaned the carbs again and now it runs great. I myself had taken the carbs right apart so I am not sure how I missed something but I guess I did.

Hopefully thats all that is wrong with yours.

Matt[/b]
a
sorry about not replying sooner, just got the machine back. Turned out being a 2 bad cylinders, wrist pins, and 2 pistons. My Mech replaced all and now runs great. picked it up yesterday, no need to pick it up till after we got snow and it was stored all summer free of charge. At first i was kinda of upset for him taking do long but like he said, there is no reason to rush it when there was no snow and can't ride it.
buckmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement