help my 05 polaris predator tranmission locked up - HCS Snowmobile Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

i jsut got an 05 polaris predator 500 and it was really fast. fmf titanuim exhuasat big gun rev box jet kit and so on.. but anyways i was riding it and it jsut stoped the rear tires skidded. it started it back up and tried shifting but it wouldnt shift gears anymore and then u pop the clutch trying to get it to move and it jsut stalls the motor. the motr runs fun and has plenty of oil.. anyone else have this prolbem or else know wut it is
pearce440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2007, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Do you have a warrenty? Or any mechanical skills. I would get to the tranny and inspect it. Do you use the clutch while shifting? where were you riding were you running it hard? Was it hot? how u get it home? Since it has cooled down have you tried to move the shifter.
What gear is it locked in?

Can you turn the tires without the clutch in

can u turn them with the clutch in?
braaap11889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

no warrnety.. i have mechanical skills already took teh cluthc cover off nothing thier i gotta split the cases now. i shifted a few times without the clutch but was ridng it hard wiht clutch down shifting and up shiftin lots and fasdt. it wasnt hot and i had to call my sisters bf to come in truck and get me. the shifter still dont move and u cant move the wheels wiht the clutch in or out. they are locked right up.. u can start it up and it wont stall wiht the cluthc in but let the clutch out and the suckser kills the motor. its locked in either 3rd or 4th
pearce440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 12:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Probably broke the shift fork for 3rd gear usually if you ride the wheeler hard and don't use the clutch the shift fork breaks around 3rd gear it happens to 03 predators when you dont use the clutch at all for about 20-30 hours. Sometimes it never happens.

Did you buy it new? Or used? Usually buying used these days for sport quads means they are BEAT. I bought mine used and lucked out it was babied now i just beat the piss out of it and I plan to run it to the ground the part it out. Hell I rolled it atleast 15 times down a HUGE side of a sand mound today that was near straight up and it just bent the plastic. My friend rolled his yfz once and his plastic is all scratched bars are bent and steering stem is all bent out of shape. Predators might be heavy but they are tanks they will take anything and everything you can throw at them.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Also try to start it with the rear wheels off the ground and drag the clutch until you can get the rear wheels moving them maybe you can get it out of 3rd gear by running the motor and shifting it. Then you will be able to tell if your tranny is LOCKED UP or just stuck in a gear.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

take the parking brake off. and you^^^ need to stfu. no cares about how big of a hill you rolled your quad down
Old 05-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Either the brake lever is stuck, or the brakes are seized or something in the tranny is jammed or seized up. Take it to your nearest Polaris dealer.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
take the parking brake off. and you^^^ need to stfu. no cares about how big of a hill you rolled your quad down[/b]
Dont listin to this. as you can tell he knows nothing. the parking break locks up the front tires. will the lever move or is it locked up also?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Dont listin to this. as you can tell he knows nothing. the parking break locks up the front tires. will the lever move or is it locked up also?[/b]
Ya sounds like an immature teenager thats PMSing (maybe he aint such a guy).

Sounds like hes pissed that the YFZ aren't as strong as the Preds. They are light but don't have any strength because they wanted it to be light.

Ya if you don't know what your doing and dont have any friends that know what their doing take it to your dealer if they are nice they will look at it for cheap or free.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Dont listin to this. as you can tell he knows nothing. the parking break locks up the front tires. will the lever move or is it locked up also?[/b]
well if i rode a polaries piece of crap im sure i would know all about the problems they have.

Quote:
Ya sounds like an immature teenager thats PMSing (maybe he aint such a guy).

Sounds like hes pissed that the YFZ aren't as strong as the Preds. They are light but don't have any strength because they wanted it to be light.

Ya if you don't know what your doing and dont have any friends that know what their doing take it to your dealer if they are nice they will look at it for cheap or free.[/b]
lmfao@ bold, you act like you know everything about anything. face it, your just a spoiled little punk who has his parents buy all his shit :yelrotflmao: :beer_cheers: < but im sure you already knew that

oh yeah, i dont have a yzf, banshee here
Advertisement