iq conversions - Page 36 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

440/race/modified This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #351 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prox700man View Post
guys with 600 ho, how did you hook up your exhaust valve motor/pump to the wiring? i dont see a plug in with my 440 wiring...what needs to be changed to work or whats the way to hook this up? i know i have to use the 600ho CDI wiring, and everything there plugs right up but have nothing for the exhaust valves....
I think this is the same ? i have the sensor is still on the motor but nothing to plug into on my 07 iqr. can i take the bolt out or should i tie uo the wire? searched all 35 pgs
long prox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #352 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by long prox View Post
I think this is the same ? i have the sensor is still on the motor but nothing to plug into on my 07 iqr. can i take the bolt out or should i tie uo the wire? searched all 35 pgs
Plug the exhaust valve nipple coming out of the EV housing and do not run the solenoid. Use either a jumper tube between the two nipples or plug them both. Either way you must secure the hose/plug to the nipple or cyl pressure can push the hose/plug off.

Last edited by akiqpilot; 02-20-2011 at 10:40 PM.
akiqpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:28 AM   #353 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I'm not talking the EV thenselves but the bolt just below the head on the EV side of the motor I think it is for the DET sensor? can that bolt and wire just come off the motor since it doesn't have a spot to plug into on the harness?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #354 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by long prox View Post
I'm not talking the EV thenselves but the bolt just below the head on the EV side of the motor I think it is for the DET sensor? can that bolt and wire just come off the motor since it doesn't have a spot to plug into on the harness?
Just remove the bolt and sensor. Save the sensor for the future or sell it. Worth about $25 on eBay.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #355 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

thanks
Old 02-21-2011, 10:24 PM   #356 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiqpilot View Post
Just remove the bolt and sensor. Save the sensor for the future or sell it. Worth about $25 on eBay.
do i need to put a shorter bolt back in
Old 12-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #357 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 03 Ski Doo rev 800 mxzx,old txl 340yup nrocks
Previous Sled(s): 02 pro x 440/700 engine,edge classic 600
Favorite Riding Area: u.p.michigan
Riding Since: 1982

Read through all this and am very confused on the wiring ,I installed an 06 600 VES in an 09 IQR 600 have both engine harnesses ,Alot different,plugged engine harness in to motor and white rectangle plug on chassis,do I need to have both harnesses in there/and or ecu's??? Please help?
troysam9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #358 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troysam9999 View Post
Read through all this and am very confused on the wiring ,I installed an 06 600 VES in an 09 IQR 600 have both engine harnesses ,Alot different,plugged engine harness in to motor and white rectangle plug on chassis,do I need to have both harnesses in there/and or ecu's??? Please help?
'06 600 VES? I think you mean a 600HO motor

You will use the engine wiring harness from the 600VES and not use any part of the 600R engine wiring harness.

There is an Engine Voltage Regulator near the fuel pump, you will not use that, it can be removed.

The timing selector switch is not used on the 600VES motor so you can remove that.

The Ignition coil for the 600R is the same as the VES so you can use the 600R coil.

If you are using the 600R pipe you must leave the pipe temp sensor screwed into the pipe but it will not plug into anything.

If you really have an '06 600HO motor then it has a RPM controlled Exhaust Valve Solenoid. IMO you should discard this and just plug the two nipples coming from the EV housing. You can jumper them together with a hose and get the same effect. By eliminating the EV solenoid you can ditch the AC/DC converter which is a small black box with wires and a heat sink coming from it.

The DET and Temp sensor are part of the 600VES motor so they should both plug int the Engine harness.

You must decide on how you plan to run your cooling system hoses. If you decide to run coolant routing like the 600R has you will need to remove the thermostat and attach the coolant line coming from the front bulkhead cooler to the thermostat fitting neck. You will then need to plug the fitting on the underside of the head.

It's been a while since you posted this. If you have further questions feel free to post them here or start a new thread.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:54 AM   #359 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13' 600iqr, 07IQr800cfi(work in progress)
Previous Sled(s): 07 IQ440/685, PRO X2 700, 2006 dragon fusion

i was told this is the light voltage regulator. is this anything to do with the "black box with wires coming out of it" that your talking about?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4014.jpg (101.3 KB, 39 views)
Whip_60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #360 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip_60 View Post
i was told this is the light voltage regulator. is this anything to do with the "black box with wires coming out of it" that your talking about?
Yes, that is the black box I was talking about. That is not the lighting regulator. The lighting regulator is at the top pf the steering hoop under where the upper steering post mounts. The lighting regulator does not get touched for this type of transplant.

The part in your hand operates the EV solenoid. Install at your own risk. I would never install that piece in any sled conversion i do. I toss them every time.
Advertisement