Hardcore Sledder banner

Oil dripping issue

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  MrMoonPie 
#1 ·
Got the RR back from the motor damage, Got another 600HO to transplant into it. Since I've gotten it back oil is dripping from the belly pan, It only had a short ride and been sitting ever since, close to a month.

It hasn't stopped and the oil tank volume hasn't changed.

What can I look for?

Thanks

#9 ·
This has happen to me before on our 600 edge X check the oil filler cap take it off put a clean rag over the neck if it stops get a new oil cap. My shed would get hot and the oil cap would not breath the tank would expand the oil would come out the overflow tube then flow in the belly pan then on to the shed floor. Hope this helps. :bc:

#12 ·
Wash and wipe everything off then come back later and have a look at exactly where it is coming from. Once oil gets into the bulkhead it may leak for a long time because its between the layers and follow gravity so it may end up on the opposite side of the sled from where the original leak came from. If you use different colored oils that can help too. We use Polaris Racing oil or Maxima Tundra R which are both red for our oil injection systems, Maxima chain case oil which is green and anything from the power valves is mostly black. If you have oil injection check the bleeder screw on the pump itself and the bottom fitting on the tank and the gasket under the cap if you have been using the sled. If it smells like fuel too then its probably your orings in your carb needle and seats and your engine my be hydro locked. The fuel may evaporate under the sled but the oil will still be there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.