Buncha drunks - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Snowmobile Forum This is a serious discussion forum and a 100% NO BASHING ZONE. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

Sponsored by: Woody's Traction

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '01 ZRT 800
Previous Sled(s): '79 el tigre' '86 eltigre' '88 wildcat '01 zrt 800 '12 f 800
Favorite Riding Area: U.P. MI
13-14 Mileage: 4280
12-13 Mileage: 2996
11-12 Mileage: 1855
10-11 Mileage: 2350
Riding Since: 1982

[QUOTE=dannynawgz;7178673]^ this.. I think you nailed my perspective on the head as well.. I drive 3-4 hours to get north and ride. Not to drink. I can drink here with the grass showing. Like to start before the sun comes up/soon as it's legal/or shortly after. Nothing like turning a corner and seeing the early reddish sun rise hit the snow and trees. Not to mention the trails are usually in pristine shape from the groomer the night before. If I drink its maybe one or two after the day is done but after 200 miles my mind is spent. Off to bed then repeat. The smaller the group the less BS you have to deal with..

X2!
EXACTLY.
triple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 440/F7 01 MC "800"
Previous Sled(s): Poo's, Cats
Riding Since: Day1

I think people need to know their limits. Its not a sin to hit up a bar and have a couple beers with your meal. Im not one for bar hopping thats for sure. If we stop and eat at a resort that sells liquor so be it. Know your limits and stay away from the hard booze.

wickedgmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #23 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 1997 Indy XLT 600
Previous Sled(s): 1997 Indy 440 L/C
Favorite Riding Area: Brainerd Lakes Area
12-13 Mileage: 2700
Riding Since: 1994
Default Re: Buncha drunks

Here's how I see it: I love to ride sled and I love to drink, but I can't do either of them to the best of my ability if done together!

Sent from my Xtra Lite Tablet
Polaris7984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 1999 Thundercat 1000
Previous Sled(s): 06 Crossfire 7
Favorite Riding Area: Indian Lake/Old Forge, NY
11-12 Mileage: 250
10-11 Mileage: 400
Riding Since: 1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgmc View Post
Its not a sin to hit up a bar and have a couple beers.
You took the words outta my mouth. I get up before 5am all week to go to work so if I can sleep in a little and be on the trails by 10am I'm OK with that. 2 or 3 hours in the saddle, stop for a meal and a beer or two, keep it moving for a few more hours until early dinner, head back to where we left from and maybe stop for a beer or two on the way home if its not too late and we're not too tired. Too dangerous to yourself and others others if you drink too much.
atc330r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgmc View Post
I think people need to know their limits. Its not a sin to hit up a bar and have a couple beers with your meal. Im not one for bar hopping thats for sure. If we stop and eat at a resort that sells liquor so be it. Know your limits and stay away from the hard booze.
I also think the bars need to set some limits... When riders come in, it is pretty obvious, so they can't hide behind the 'I didn't know he/she was driving' like they can when they send other drunks out the door.
drewvr51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement