Smoothest Riding Sled - Page 3 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Snowmobile Forum This is a serious discussion forum and a 100% NO BASHING ZONE. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

Sponsored by: Woody's Traction

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 M800 Ltd. 153"
Previous Sled(s): '06 CF7, '04 SC7, '98 MMax7, '98 Vmax6, XLTs,Indys,lots more
Favorite Riding Area: Milky Way
Riding Since: 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.lee View Post
I have a bad back too, this fall I just picked up a REV for the upright seating position.
We'll see how it goes
I hear they're real comfy for shorter - medium hieght guys, under lets say 5'10", but they're a really bad fit for taller guys

Last edited by keeger123; 12-13-2012 at 05:04 PM.
keeger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 M800 Ltd. 153"
Previous Sled(s): '06 CF7, '04 SC7, '98 MMax7, '98 Vmax6, XLTs,Indys,lots more
Favorite Riding Area: Milky Way
Riding Since: 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Ryder View Post
The smoothest riding stock sled is the Ski-Doo XP GSX SE with the Air Control Suspension, plus suspension adjustment for trail conditions is just button push away; no need to stop and adjust. Just let your thumb do the work.

Any other recommendation is just blind brand loyalty.
So you ride a doo, and you recommend a doo, but everyone else is just blindly recommending their brand?... Am I the only one seeing the irony here?
keeger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Summit, polaris xcsp 700
Previous Sled(s): Artcic cat z370, skidoo tnt 500ss
Favorite Riding Area: Couldn't give it away
12-13 Mileage: 2600final
11-12 Mileage: 1,500
10-11 Mileage: 800

im 14 and my back is already messed up. Ride sleds and bikes fast I cant get up and its painful but its what I love
so ride on
Old 12-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Blade HPO 800 Type ST
Previous Sled(s): Polaris, Skidoo, Kawaski
Favorite Riding Area: Vt, PA, NY, NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeger123 View Post
So you ride a doo, and you recommend a doo, but everyone else is just blindly recommending their brand?... Am I the only one seeing the irony here?
I did not recommend a sled brand... but rather a suspension that that can mount into any brand sled he may have and still offer pehaps the most plush ride available today when adjusted properly.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 13 F800 LTD
Previous Sled(s): Few twin spars
Favorite Riding Area: Bancroft, Ont
13-14 Mileage: not enough
12-13 Mileage: 2.5
11-12 Mileage: 1600
10-11 Mileage: 2100

Back in 99 at the age of 19 I was a pretty serious motorcycle accident. In the hospital for 9 months and a wheel chair for 2 years. The least of my worries were two fused vertabraes. So back pain is something I've learned to live with. Spent a bit of time on a newer rev. Did feel fine, but to be honest not enough seat time to really give you an honest opinion. My first sled was a 08 F1000 sno pro(Twin spar chassis) Seating arrangement good but sled really stiff and not setup for my style and comfort of riding. The wifes 08 f5 LXR... an absolute dream. Seriously! No problem running 300 miles a day. And to be quite honest, if you don't ride lakes alot and strech out the engines the differance from machine to machine power wise is obsolete. You find your self a nice low mileage 08-11 f series in LXR trim and you will love it, especially after a long ride.
higshemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): anything that moves
Previous Sled(s): '10 RMK 800/144, '01 600 XCSP
Riding Since: ~'79

Another vote for something with a track 136" and up. Huge difference in ride over a shorty.

The Poo 800 is history.....sledless as of 10/13.....looking for the next problem child.
Dreaming of turbo Cats.....well, maybe not anymore.
strokerswild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:08 AM   #27 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I'll take my Yamaha Apex over any other sled out there for a smooth ride. It all depends what kind of trails you are riding and how your sled is set up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy77 View Post
Any Yamaha...smooth as riding a 2"x 6"

Seriously though, my vote would be a Twin Spar as well.
Team Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #28 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Cats
Favorite Riding Area: Northwoods, UP, Caddy
13-14 Mileage: 3k
12-13 Mileage: 2k
Riding Since: 1771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Blue View Post
I'll take my Yamaha Apex over any other sled out there for a smooth ride. It all depends what kind of trails you are riding and how your sled is set up!

Spare me the BS. I'm not bashing, but Yamaha & smooth ride don't belong in the same sentence. I ride with 2 die hard Yami guys, newer Apex, and Nytro, fit and finish, I think they have the best sleds out there, the ride of it leaves a lot to be desired, not to mention they are always "adjusting" & "tweaking" their machines. I have plenty of miles on both on normal trail riding and lakes, which is all we ride. Have you been on a twin spar?

Btw, I could give a fuck about brand loyalty. I've owned all 4.
sammy77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #29 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '13 T'NT 594 ETEC
Previous Sled(s): '09 T'NT 597
Favorite Riding Area: NY
13-14 Mileage: 1535
12-13 Mileage: 1200
11-12 Mileage: 1000
10-11 Mileage: 1450
Riding Since: '73
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeger123 View Post
Dude, look at my signature. I own Ski-Doos, Cat, and Yamaha, and I have owned 3 Polaris. I am not brand loyal. I ride the best sleds I can find for the money, that suit my current needs.

The OP asked for the smoothest riding sled. Read the snowmobile magazines and watch the on-line reviews. They say that the XP GSX SE with the Air Control Suspension is the smoothest riding sled.

We are not talking the fastest, the lightest, the best mogul masher, we are talking smoothest riding.
'98 VMAX XTC Deluxe - For Sale
Trail Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I have rode a Z 1 Jaquar, whether its a twin spar or whatever it is it rides like a hay wagon with steel wheels. Doesn't compare at all.
Cant Please them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy77 View Post
Spare me the BS. I'm not bashing, but Yamaha & smooth ride don't belong in the same sentence. I ride with 2 die hard Yami guys, newer Apex, and Nytro, fit and finish, I think they have the best sleds out there, the ride of it leaves a lot to be desired, not to mention they are always "adjusting" & "tweaking" their machines. I have plenty of miles on both on normal trail riding and lakes, which is all we ride. Have you been on a twin spar?

Btw, I could give a fuck about brand loyalty. I've owned all 4.
Team Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement