2012 Polaris Pro-R 600 Rush vs. 2012 Ski-Doo MxzX 600etec with Rmotion - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Snowmobile Forum This is a serious discussion forum and a 100% NO BASHING ZONE. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

Sponsored by: Woody's Traction

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): '12 Pro R Switchback 600 Orange; '05 XCSP 500
Previous Sled(s): '06 IQR 600; '94 Indy Classic
Default 2012 Polaris Pro-R 600 Rush vs. 2012 Ski-Doo MxzX 600etec with Rmotion

Am planning on snochecking a new sleds and I have narrowed my choices down to the rush and mxzx with rmotion. i rode the rmotion in old forge and was impressed with it, but i just dont know too much else about the xp doos. also the rush i have not ridden one that has been properly set up for me but would assume if set up would ride like most say it does. just asking for others input on these two sleds that will help out in my choice. looking at reliability of each and am really wondering if the Rush is the suspension polaris claims it is. i have yet to hear from too many that is the best suspension on the market by far. any information on 600 etec xp doos the rmotion (i know its new) and/or the 600 pro r rushes would be greatly appreciated. thanks for the help
polarisfarmengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 Switchback Assault, 2012 Backcountry X
Previous Sled(s): '12 Switchback 600 Pro-R
Favorite Riding Area: Pittsburg, SDR, Errol
12-13 Mileage: 1800
11-12 Mileage: 1750
10-11 Mileage: 2575
Riding Since: 2009

Hey, you are looking at two great sleds and I'm pretty sure that you'd be happy on either one. It took Polaris a couple years to get the RUSH right so I'm guessing it'll be similar with Ski Doo and the RMotion suspension. As far as the motors go, both the Polaris 600 CFI and the Ski Doo 600 Etec are very reliable so that shouldn't be an issue for you.

I haven't had a chance to ride a Polaris 600 Pro-R yet because Polaris cancelled the demo ride I was scheduled to attend (low snow). However, my next new sled is most likely going to be the 600 Pro-R.

If I were you and had to choose between the two I'd go for the 600 Pro-R just because the suspension has had a chance to be refined over the past 3 years. It's not that I don't like Ski Doo either. I actually own one. I just wouldn't want to own the 1st year of the new suspension. I'd want someone else to be the guinea pig on it before I owned one.

Hope this helps.

JP
jeremyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 800 Pro R Switchback
Previous Sled(s): 2011 800 PRO R, 2007 Switchback
Favorite Riding Area: Grand Marais
11-12 Mileage: 350
10-11 Mileage: 1200
Riding Since: 1991

Well you have to look at a few different things. Price for one. Polaris will be at least $1000-$2500 cheap. Performance for two... 600 will be about the same, maybe a small small edge to Polaris, probably because of better stock clutching. Gas mileage/oil usage... Skidoo will kill in that department. 14-21mpg for the 600 etec. 10-16mpg for the 600 Polaris. Handling department.... Skidoo's will rail the corners better then the rush. Although for 2012 the rush is suppose to steer 20% easier and have less inside ski lift. Trail bumps I will give the edge to skidoo. Ditch bumps give the edge to polaris. Fun Factor edge to Polaris and this is why I choose to go back to polaris for 2012 over skidoo. I have the 800 PRO R right now and the chassis just does what you want it to do. Lean back Lift the ski's straight up (and I mean straight up). Adjustments can really make a huge difference in handling. The rush can be adjusted to any condition, just wether or not you want to stop riding and adjust for different situations, (kind of a pain and your buddies will be waiting for you dinking around, but this is only if you want the best settings at all times). Overall both make great sleds, just matters what you like for the brand and style. Also the Rush suspension is NOT night and day better then any other. I would say it is night and day better by hook up. These sleds rip out of the hole.
teamminnnesota09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2014 Doo XRS 800 etec
Previous Sled(s): '12 Pro R 800,'10 Rush 600, '06 Rev 440/800, '05 REV 800X,
Favorite Riding Area: Tug Hill, NY
12-13 Mileage: 2175
11-12 Mileage: 785 dismal
10-11 Mileage: 1675
Riding Since: 1975

I have a 2010 Rush 600 and I would say it is far better than Doo XP. The RUSH is a great sled BUT if you want to just sit your but in the same place on seat all day then it is NOT the sled for you. The RUSH rewards riders who are active on the seat and riding it like a dirt bike. For more bite in turns ride way up on tank. For more traction driving out of corners then slide your but all the way to back of seat. The XP (to me) feels like you are sitting on the skis. I personally don't like that feeling. I have over 2500 miles on my RUSH with ZERO problems. It starts on the second pull every time and gets just about the same MPG as an ETEC 600. It is a far better sled than what folks have written and 90% of the complaints are from people who don't set up the sled correctly. Don't even go by what Polaris says either. If you set up rear shock to your body weight it will still be too stiff. Subtract around 30 lbs from your body weight and set it to that.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2013 800 Pro-RMK LE
Previous Sled(s): '10 IQR Mod '09 600 Shift
Favorite Riding Area: climbing hills
11-12 Mileage: 1060
Riding Since: 5

Sounds like Polaris is the way to go. I know it's a Polaris in your heart haha!!
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 Pro-r 800 SB Retro
Previous Sled(s): D7,D8, 2 Pror 800`s
Favorite Riding Area: Fundy Trails and northern NB
13-14 Mileage: 550 so far
12-13 Mileage: 1900
11-12 Mileage: 1750
10-11 Mileage: 2200
Riding Since: 1972

The Pro-r600 Rush was named sled of the year by Snow Trax TV............
PolarisJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Current Sled(s): 09' F series 800
Previous Sled(s): 04' Zr900 EFI with changes
Favorite Riding Area: Laurel Highlands
12-13 Mileage: 2000+ !
11-12 Mileage: 975
10-11 Mileage: 1450
Riding Since: 1983

IMO the three choices are the Rush ProR 600 , Etec 600 in Renegade or the Nytro RTX with the Float 2's. All three are very good and very comparable machines IMO. I've ridden all three this year and they are the best each has to offer (IMO). If you like a standup kinda ride then you want a Nytro RTX. It's the cats meow for that. Really is a great machine (finally compared to earlier versions I tested without these comments). And if you like Skidoo then the Etec is a great thing. Sewing machine smooth engine delivery and a great all around sled too with a very good ride quality. And that leaves the ProR. Like the other poster mentioned it can pull the skis at will and and with some active body english you can lean it easily. It's a machine that needs a rider to handle it. Not ride it. And in reality all the machines listed are great pyramidal design chassis's that can take the bumps due to the absorption method of the designs. You see it's not like the old days where they plunked a suspension in the back and had some independent suspension in the front and you could "feel" the two working. On these new designs they all work in harmony to pass the "energy" from the motions into the chassis framework to avoid big hits on the person riding it. It's really a advancement in sled technology that you are paying for with big bucks now. The choice is do you pay up now or stick with the old ?

IMO of course,
Steve
stevem5215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2008 600RR 2012 gade x 1200
Previous Sled(s): pre:90s skidoos,motoski,rupps
Favorite Riding Area: Northumberland forest and Gann
10-11 Mileage: N\A
Riding Since: 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarisfarmengineer View Post
Am planning on snochecking a new sleds and I have narrowed my choices down to the rush and mxzx with rmotion. i rode the rmotion in old forge and was impressed with it, but i just dont know too much else about the xp doos. also the rush i have not ridden one that has been properly set up for me but would assume if set up would ride like most say it does. just asking for others input on these two sleds that will help out in my choice. looking at reliability of each and am really wondering if the Rush is the suspension polaris claims it is. i have yet to hear from too many that is the best suspension on the market by far. any information on 600 etec xp doos the rmotion (i know its new) and/or the 600 pro r rushes would be greatly appreciated. thanks for the help
I have been looking too and have learned that the etec has greased crank bearings for better emmisions....personaly I would feel safer knowing oil is
lubricating mine rather than trusting grease...that is just me you might feel different but in my case it made my mind up on the etec..I guess only time will tell....Hope this sheds some light on your dicision.
full eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 TNT 550.
Previous Sled(s): 07 Phazer
Favorite Riding Area: Suring Wi, north.
Riding Since: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarisJim View Post
The Pro-r600 Rush was named sled of the year by Snow Trax TV............
So was my 07 Phazer!

That was not an insult to Polaris either, just the Magazine reviews.
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 04 600 Pro-X2 07 700 dragon
Previous Sled(s): 02 500 X-Edge
Favorite Riding Area: UP
12-13 Mileage: 1900
11-12 Mileage: 1000

No one should believe anything any of those sled magazines have to say. They could come out and say my sled was the best shit ever and I'd still not believe them. All they do is rotate which chassis they like best to keep all the manufactures happy.
x-edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement