96 Arctic Cat Panther - fuel pump diagnosis - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Snowmobile Forum This is a serious discussion forum and a 100% NO BASHING ZONE. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Red face 96 Arctic Cat Panther - fuel pump diagnosis

I would appreciate some insite. I have a 96 Panther that the fuel pump appears to be malfunctioning. If I remove the fuel line from the shut-off and stick it in a cup of gas the snowmobile runs fine drawing from the cup. I can manually suck the gas from the tank however the pump doesn't appear to be strong enough to suck it through. I also have eliminated the fuel shut-off to test if that was the problem with no success. Is the pump to weak? Or is it something else i am not seeing? Any help will be appreciated.
financer83rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 04 XC660

Take the fuel pump apart and check to make sure the diaphrams are in tact with no rips, etc. You can buy a rebuild kit for it for cheap.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 Turbo IQ LX
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec
10-11 Mileage: 1300
Riding Since: 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodeficient View Post
Take the fuel pump apart and check to make sure the diaphrams are in tact with no rips, etc. You can buy a rebuild kit for it for cheap.
don't forget the fuel filters. maybe one in the tank and an inline one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement