Marvel Mystery Oil? - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Snowmobile Forum This is a serious discussion forum and a 100% NO BASHING ZONE. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 11:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Previous Sled(s): '00 SP, '05 700 SP Conv.

I wish they did that test with Lucas Oil Additive, I put a quart of that in bot of my trucks; if you don't know what I am talking about its the stuff the have on the counter of your favorite parts store where you spin the gear and the oil climbs up it.

Liberals need to invest more money into stem cell research so they can grow themselves some spines

Good to deal with- cartz-04snopro, catconvert, Blaine, bluechev454
00Snopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec or anywhere else
12-13 Mileage: 500-600
11-12 Mileage: hardly any
10-11 Mileage: not enough
Riding Since: 70's

Quote:
I have seen this additive around for years, does anyone use this stuff in their vehicles? I wonder if it would be of any benefit adding it to your sleds fuel? or is it good for storage? I have heard some in the ultra light plane world swear by it, what do you think? or is it just snake oil Hmm....[/b]
I use to use a few oz's per tank for my older outboard 2 stroke motors now and then....seemed to keep the rings from sticking due to carbon by-products and old fuel...especially in the off-season....probably just snake oil nowadays. There are other fuel additives out there that would make a better choice.
too slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Current Sled(s): '10 SP5 / '99 SP440
Previous Sled(s): 9 prev Cats
Riding Since: 1966

Quote:
Sorry long read[/b]
C-notesnopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): None
Previous Sled(s): 97' 700,600 XC, 90' Exciter 570
Favorite Riding Area: Fort Kent, Maine
Riding Since: 1989

i swear by lucas's synthetic oil stabilizer and use it religiously in my truck. 109,000 miles and oil pressure is still as good as the day i bought it with 18,000 miles on it. 60lbs at idle and 80+ at wot. does not burn a drop of oil and never smokes at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Nightfire View Post
Really? I thought it was a site where we talk about jacking it into a cup
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushguy View Post
Don't use paper, they have to cut down trees to make paper cups!

Don't use plastic, they destroy the ozone layer and kill polar bears and the great South American Underwater BasketWeaver Birds!

Just don't 'jack it' anymore ok.....
yellowdemon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 05 600 xcsp 50th
Previous Sled(s): All of the big 4
Favorite Riding Area: Quebec or anywhere else
12-13 Mileage: 500-600
11-12 Mileage: hardly any
10-11 Mileage: not enough
Riding Since: 70's

Quote:
i swear by lucas's synthetic oil stabilizer and use it religiously in my truck. 109,000 miles and oil pressure is still as good as the day i bought it with 18,000 miles on it. 60lbs at idle and 80+ at wot. does not burn a drop of oil and never smokes at all.[/b]
I had a 94 gmc 305 with that kind of mileage before selling it....never added nothing but regular motor oil in the summer and mobile 1 during the winter....got the same oil pressure you mention...never touched a drip of oil either. Gm made decent motors...it was always the rest of the vehicle that was questionable.
too slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I run it in our sleds all the time, just got a case at the snow show, great deal!!! Seems to last longer than the Cat oil or Klotz anyway & it smells great!!
Hairy Bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement