Ski Slides and Track Mats - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Snowmobile Forum This is a serious discussion forum and a 100% NO BASHING ZONE. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I just purchased a new 27' inline snowmobile trailer. I'm interested to find out what everyone is using for ski slides and track mats? I don't feel like dropping another 600.00 into this thing. But on the other hand I don't want to destroy the floor either. Shoot me some idea's

Thanks Don
f16loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2011 Switchback ASSAULT

heard of people using old conveyor belt for track mats and truck bedliners for ski guides. plenty of posts on here about it
05f150fx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

I got my track mats from Tractor Supply Company. I used the heavy duty 4'x6' Horse Stall Mats. They are only $40 a piece. I cut mine down to the size I needed with a utility knife. Then i secured them with some fender washers and screws and they work great and the price was more than 50% less than the ones you can by from anywhere else.
redraider417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
I got my track mats from Tractor Supply Company. I used the heavy duty 4'x6' Horse Stall Mats. They are only $40 a piece. I cut mine down to the size I needed with a utility knife. Then i secured them with some fender washers and screws and they work great and the price was more than 50% less than the ones you can by from anywhere else.[/b]
Great idea! Thanks, that's what I'll do for the mats. I'm thinking about trying some composite decking material for the guides and just router some slots.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 02' ZR800 efi CC 136" Cobra
Previous Sled(s): 03' F5 SnoPro
Favorite Riding Area: Da' UP
12-13 Mileage: 325
11-12 Mileage: 1300
10-11 Mileage: 1200
Riding Since: 92'

In my inline, I screwed down 1/4" exterior grade plywood over the original floor. I then installed traction mat on both ramps and on the first few feet from the front ramp on the main floor. This allows for several different sled loading configurations as well as hauling anything else. Also, have you ever stepped on a plastic ski guide that has snow on it?? Better hope you have Aflac! No issues with water trapped beween floors as some might believe. If I ever decide to sell it, just pull up the floor and there it is, a brand new floor.
gunner f5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Find old bedliners... yes they will be slippery when wet (just like some girls I used to date ) but the cost is minimal and they work great. I also used bedliner material for the pads as well. I just cut them the other way, so the ribs run perpendicular to the glides. I spaced them evenly and they worked great. Wont trap water...
Tanks
In
Competition

Cries
All
Tears
slammer55616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Current Sled(s): 2015 Polaris RMK 800 LE
Previous Sled(s): Polaris
Favorite Riding Area: Where it's deep!
Riding Since: 1978

Quote:
I just purchased a new 27' inline snowmobile trailer. I'm interested to find out what everyone is using for ski slides and track mats? I don't feel like dropping another 600.00 into this thing. But on the other hand I don't want to destroy the floor either. Shoot me some idea's

Thanks Don[/b]
Lots of options but we have found the Caliper line of products to be the most reasonable and best quality. MADE IN THE USA

http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/i...?cPath=164_206
Old 10-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Nice trailer! Man you can come ride anytime now!

Rich
Old 10-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Current Sled(s): twisters, RV, SRX, ultra, 98-7, kawi racer
Previous Sled(s): to many to list
11-12 Mileage: 2 laps
Riding Since: 1977

I used the Caliner Grip Glides on mine. Also great for ATV's. 22 of them for $50. More durable than the regular slides and more versitile too.

http://www.caliberproductsinc.com/s_gripglides.htm
ridin' again? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
Nice trailer! Man you can come ride anytime now!

Rich[/b]
LMAO.. ya, it is a nice trailer.. but the wife about kicked my ass when she found out 90% of the time it will only have my sled in it. Go Big or Go Home! I call it the Big Red One. Here's a pic[attachment=589978:P1000161_1_.JPG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000161_1_.JPG (4.01 MB, 168 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement