fxr gear ? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

General Snowmobile Forum This is a serious discussion forum and a 100% NO BASHING ZONE. This area is here for members who are looking for serious answers for serious questions or discussion and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website Without Warning.The calling out or posting of another members user name in the title of a thread a members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited. Sharing of private messages from site staff is against site rules and will be subject to banning from site temporarily or permanently.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

just wondering if any of you have fxr backshift jacket and how well you like it, or fxr gear in general whats your opinion,
lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

i have the team sx jacket, it comes with a liner and its very warm, only problem is the collar is so f'in short! you need a long balaclava and a windproof neck warmer where my polaris jacket was up to my chin and only needed a balaclava. I found the waist was a bit small and needed a 2xl rather than a xl so the jacket looks big on my when i wear it out on the town. The pants are short and cold, like all of them besides the vertical bibs. I got arctiva comp 3 pants cause they were cheap but man are they warm, they have 3 pockets and the material matches fxrs fairly well. My dad has the fxr cold cross suit and he finds it cold and for some reason the pants dont have pockets, and for some reason this drives him crazy haha, i personally hate stuff in my pockets and put everything in my underseat bag while riding.
sledneck_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
3x
Super Advanced Member

Have the Backshift Attack gear, love it.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): Arctic Cat
Previous Sled(s): Yamaha, Polaris
10-11 Mileage: 3100

Have the backshift gear it is stupid warm very comfortable.
gotaF7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have the Yamaha Team race jacket and bibs, both made by FXR and it's super warm. I have no wind shield and get wind blasted the whole time on my phazer. Haven't gotten cold yet!
Ulmer Clutch kit
Guage Pod relocated
Polished tunnel
Closed rear hole in tunnel
Revalved shocks

Updates/recalls
Fan
Ball joints
ECU/cold start kit
Airbox rivets
Steering
N8-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

was just wondering what you guys thought about your fxr stuff, thanks for the replys, i got a fxr backshift attack jacket from a buddy it was brand but im not sure what to think tryed it out last weekend i mean its ok, but it doesnt compare to the klim klimate i know that. heres one major flaw i find with it the venting system kinda sucks and thats one of the most important parts of a jacket, open the chest vents and it cools off you lower section not the upper half, i suppose if you take out the liner it might work better but then a guy would probly freeze, . i emailed fxr and no reply back, i mean dont get me wrong its a decent jacket, the wrist area of the cuffs is also kinda so so. way to big the velcro is in the wrong spot for me anyway never run into that with any other jackets i have tryed,
Old 01-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I have the team sx jacket and it is way to warm with a sweatshirt on underneath... I ride with all the vents open all the time and i stay plenty warm... but i am usually off the trails or being a little more aggressive when i ride... I also have a pair of the fxr gloves... i have not to much to say good about them.... if you dont ride with a windshield even with hand warmers on high your hands tend to get a little cold... I sometimes ride with a pair of ice armor gloves and let me tell you they work excellent... even if they arent meant for snowmobiling I also use them for when i fish on the open ice they are completely waterproof and can even clean out the ice hole if you dont want to grab the scoop... but otherwise the jacket i am very pleased with... the gloves not so much... and the pants that i did have i ended up getting rid of because they were not so warm because they are too short and wind blows up them...
illlogic187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

I wear the team sc flotex jacket, it's flippin sweet! I rode about 50 miles today, the warmest it got was 5 f and the jackets perfect, so long as the vents are closed. I got the jacket just before christmas and have loved it ever since! Almost 500 miles so far in it this year. Now we just need more snow here, and I'll do some further testing!
Dafuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
was just wondering what you guys thought about your fxr stuff, thanks for the replys, i got a fxr backshift attack jacket from a buddy it was brand but im not sure what to think tryed it out last weekend i mean its ok, but it doesnt compare to the klim klimate i know that. heres one major flaw i find with it the venting system kinda sucks and thats one of the most important parts of a jacket, open the chest vents and it cools off you lower section not the upper half, i suppose if you take out the liner it might work better but then a guy would probly freeze, . i emailed fxr and no reply back, i mean dont get me wrong its a decent jacket, the wrist area of the cuffs is also kinda so so. way to big the velcro is in the wrong spot for me anyway never run into that with any other jackets i have tryed,[/b]
So for $30.00 more you could have had a Klim Klimate parka? Gore-tex, 200 grams of Thinsulate and lifetime warranty against leakage....you guys have to start understanding that buying two FXR jackets in a 5 year period you could buy just one Klim. Retail on the Klimate is $259.95, less 10% = $235 ish...... LESS than many FXR models!
I-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
So for $30.00 more you could have had a Klim Klimate parka? Gore-tex, 200 grams of Thinsulate and lifetime warranty against leakage....you guys have to start understanding that buying two FXR jackets in a 5 year period you could buy just one Klim. Retail on the Klimate is $259.95, less 10% = $235 ish...... LESS than many FXR models![/b]

yeah i had a klimate just sold it moneys tight with work being slow. my buddy just got all new gear so i was wearing his fxr backshift. imo i think arctiva makes a comparable jacket to both and 1/2 the price, but so far the klimate has some nice features the others dont like full underarm venting vs partial like others,,, klims using full sealed zippers on vents like fxr does. klim has the nicest cuff area i have seen velcro adj with alastic as well wrapped with like fleece very nice feature and fit.klims inner pockets are much more heavy duty and with HD zippers even on the inner pockets. only thing i didnt care for on the klim was a short collar but it seems lot of companys are having this problem, overall the fxr is decent except for the venting system and its kinda bulky. but none the less a decent product, but klim klimate is a better value money wise. klimate can be got for 210-225 shipped if a person knows where to find,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement