ski doo mini z track binding question - HCS Snowmobile Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Hello -

I have a 2000 mini z, just installed the crankshop performace kit, which includes, gear, chain, gov. rod, high performance clutch, and muffler.

Went to test it tonight w/ my daughter, on a track stand no issue, on the ground it would not move, just bogs. Opened the hood to look while giving it throttle and I saw sparks coming from the new clutch. I assume it is slipping that is causing it to spark because the track is not spinning.

Track tension is good, I then put a little oil on the track...it worked, daugher ran it around for about 15 minutes, clutch was pretty hot, assuming the oil was starting to wear off.

Now...how do I fix this issue? Do I need to buy the wheel kit for the rear suspension to make it work good? Or is it something else?

I have no wheel kit on the front, just skis for now.

Do you think there is just too much drag w/o the wheels?

Thanks for the help, I am trying to get it ready so my 4-1/2 year old daughter can try her first grass drag.

PurdellMGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2012 Procross LE 1100 turbo!
Previous Sled(s): 99, 04, 09,1200x,11 1200x
Favorite Riding Area: Irasburg,VT
10-11 Mileage: 2400
Riding Since: 2000

QUOTE (PurdellMGP @ Sep 18 2010, 09:15 PM)
Quote:
Hello -

I have a 2000 mini z, just installed the crankshop performace kit, which includes, gear, chain, gov. rod, high performance clutch, and muffler.

Went to test it tonight w/ my daughter, on a track stand no issue, on the ground it would not move, just bogs. Opened the hood to look while giving it throttle and I saw sparks coming from the new clutch. I assume it is slipping that is causing it to spark because the track is not spinning.

Track tension is good, I then put a little oil on the track...it worked, daugher ran it around for about 15 minutes, clutch was pretty hot, assuming the oil was starting to wear off.

Now...how do I fix this issue? Do I need to buy the wheel kit for the rear suspension to make it work good? Or is it something else?

Thanks for the help, I am trying to get it ready so my 4-1/2 year old daughter can try her first grass drag.[/b]
If you do need wheels let me know i have a kit for sale for 80 bucks. Cant help ya on anything else as my z120 is pissing gas out of the petcock where it screws into the tank right now!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2007 DRAGON 700, 4500 MILES
Previous Sled(s): 2002 EDGE-X 800,6400 miles, 1999 XCR 800
Favorite Riding Area: YELLOWSTONE
10-11 Mileage: 520 so far
Riding Since: 1985
Talking

QUOTE (PurdellMGP @ Sep 18 2010, 08:15 PM)
Quote:
Hello -

Thanks for the help, I am trying to get it ready so my 4-1/2 year old daughter can try her first grass drag.[/b]

I know you said track tension is good, BUT I would loosen up the track and try it again. After that , possibly bad front drive bearings????????

Byron Circa 1984, '72 Dodge Colt, Full Tube Chassis, Strange Struts, 4 Link, Koni Coil Overs, 15" x 33", Mild 426 Wedge, Torqueflite, Lexan windows, Dzus Fasteners & Quick Release Pins Everywhere, All Polished Aluminum Interior, Fuel Cell, "Weld" Superlite Wheels, 2220 lbs. w/Driver, Leaving the Starting Line Carrying the Front Wheels and Being Plastered into the Back of the Seat and Stopping it from 137+ m.p.h. by Pulling the Parachute-PRICELESS!!!

Byron, 1982, 71 Dodge Demon, 426 Wedge, Aluminum 4-speed, Narrowed Dana 4.56, Alston Bars & Floater, SS Springs, 12.20" x 31.25" Firestones, Polished Centerlines, 10 pt Rollcage, Aluminum wheel tubs, Fiberglass fenders, hood, & decklid

1986 INDY 600 LIMITED EDITION CHROME PACKAGE [/b]91 M.P.H. @ RADAR RUNS 1000' (6000+ MILES) TRAILERED TO YELLOWSTONE IN 1988
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement