Early to Mid 1980's Style Dixie Narco Pepsi Machine For Sale - HCS Snowmobile Forums

misc Please post a price with all classified ads. This is required for posting on the classified forums as of 5/26/14. Any posts without a price will be deleted after a PM is sent to the poster by the site staff, stating the need for prices and no action by the Poster is taken.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I have a (I believe) early to mid 1980's style Dixie Narco Pepsi Machine for sale or trade. I "adopted" this machine last summer where it had sit in an old concession shed. I got it home, plugged it in and it surprisingly powered up perfect. When I got this machine it did not have a key, but was unlocked. I filled it with Mt. Dew and Pepsi and closed it but did not lock it. It worked GREAT! It fills up to 5 different beverage options and it currently is set to $.50 but can be altered. Unfortunately I had a friend over who accidently pushed the lock in, so after all the pop was sold out of it from my friends, I was screwed. I haven't found any keys for it, so I began to drill it out and my uncle found a new lock to replace it with and a key. I just do not have a good enough drill or drill bit to get the lock out. Plus there is still about $25 in the machine still. If you wish to have it for personal use, it can just be finished being drilled out and you dont even need a new lock. I have investigated this Pepsi Machine style and they look to be valued between $500-$1100. The Pepsi machine is in really good shape for it's age and it takes all coins and $1 bills as well. The front looks new and has the vintage Pepsi logo with the lights behind it on the inside (one needs to be replaced). One of the sides is scratched up from hauling it off a trailer. This is really a nice machine and I'd love to keep it, but I just don't have the tools to fix it.

****I am willing to take offers or I am also interested in trade for a mid 1990's or newer sled or ATV****
excitemyyamaha89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I will also take offers for other things as well. I live in Northern Illinois. PM me if you are interested in buying or making a trade! thanks!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Anyone have any offers or any interest at all?????????

I will take $300 cash firm!
Old 02-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Here are a few pics of the machine. the measurements are: 6.0' tall
27 1/2" wide
26 1/2" deep
Old 02-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

why dont you find a locksmith that can pick the lock for about $100 and you could replace the lock after you get it unlocked. But for driling it out i belive it is some sort of chrome plating on there and problably a hardend lock so a regular high speed steel drill wont be able to drill it out and if you do find a drill that is hard enough to drill it i think the drill will just shatter since it would be a interupted cut. but if you wanted to you could find a Carbide drill and that would be strong enough to drill it but i feel it will shatter.

just my 2 cents
speedwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
why dont you find a locksmith that can pick the lock for about $100 and you could replace the lock after you get it unlocked. But for driling it out i belive it is some sort of chrome plating on there and problably a hardend lock so a regular high speed steel drill wont be able to drill it out and if you do find a drill that is hard enough to drill it i think the drill will just shatter since it would be a interupted cut. but if you wanted to you could find a Carbide drill and that would be strong enough to drill it but i feel it will shatter.

just my 2 cents[/b]
i have it about half way drilled out already by just using a cordless battery powered drill and just a standard drill bit, the drill just isnt strong enough. i know if i really wanted to, i could get it drilled out and keep using it, but im more in need of money now or some kind of trade for something more useful for me. (im a poor college kid haha)
but i appreciate your advice, and if it comes down to not selling, i'll look into what u said. thanks!
Old 02-27-2008, 12:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

$300 straight up offered!!! if anyone else is interested, speak up now before its gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 12:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement