1989 Exciter 570 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

2 Strokes This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2011, 01:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1989 Exciter 570

I am thinking of looking at and maybe buying a 1989 Yamaha Exciter 570 that is for sale locally for $400. Emailed the seller, she says it has 4000 or less miles, ran great all last season, and only needs a "carb adjustment" for excessive oil use (I am thinking it needs an oil pump/cable adjustment if the oil use outweighs the gas use), and needs a new pull rope but it must still be there because it is able to start currently.

It has had new front suspension/steering shims, new camoplast skis/carbides, a decent looking track with 96 studs, recovered seat...

Doesn't look in mint shape, but it IS 22 years old, at least from the pictures. I will take a look at it soon as I can, Its in the next town over and I THINK I saw it on our way to go shopping today, looks in OK shape. Needs a wash and polish on the hood...

Any known issues with these sleds? I owned a 94 Vmax 500 in highschool ('99/2000) with clutch work and a shaved head, and that thing ran like a bat outta hell, NEVER let me down. I think if it runs good It has to be worth the $400 she is asking, I might offer $350 just to see though...

3 of the guys I work with have sleds, it kills me every year when they talk about riding If I bought it I would do a lot of re-freshing next summer on it, I mean, its a Yamaha, they run and run with good upkeep (just like my Subaru!)

Thanks!
315yamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): 99 Arctic Cat ZL600 EFI, 90 Panther Mountain
Previous Sled(s): 98 ZR 600
Favorite Riding Area: In the snow, Lincoln
12-13 Mileage: 500
11-12 Mileage: 005
10-11 Mileage: 500
Riding Since: 1985

I had one way back and sold in first year. damm thing almost killed me twice. I could not get it to handle at all, maybe there was something wrong with mine. I can't believe they were all that bad. That said it always ran nice, and never had any trouble other than handling, I flipped it in the first 5 miles I own it, everyone that rode it said "top heavy" the last straw was when I rolled it on the lake a 80 or so. Always had one ski in the air every corner.

Tom
twc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Current Sled(s): XCR 800
Previous Sled(s): O.M. 1000, XCR 1253, XC1214, P.S.700
Favorite Riding Area: N.W. Wisconsin
13-14 Mileage: 1,864
12-13 Mileage: 767
Riding Since: 1959

Save your money.
XCR1250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement