97/98 vmax 600 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

2 Strokes This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 97/98 vmax 600

Hello all. I am looking for any information you can give me about the vmax 600 1997/98? Any common problems, reviews both good and bad. I may be buying one so any info is greatly appreciated!!!! Performance? Top speed? Really anything as I only know Arctic Cat. Thanks ahead of time and Merry Christmas!
craigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Default Hood........

I think I have one,sent you a PM.........
EdgexJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Haven't received any pm. If you do have any info or machine please let me know craiggorski@charter.net
craigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Current Sled(s): yamaha vmax 700sx
Previous Sled(s): polaris 500xc
Favorite Riding Area: open water
10-11 Mileage: 4 or 5
Riding Since: 1991

they fly but ride like shit, set aside a few bucks for some quality suspension upgrades
jb259r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 10 rush 600
Previous Sled(s): 97 vmax 500, 00 sxr 700, 08 phazer rtx
Riding Since: 1998

on groomed trails with plastics skis they are good corner smooth and skis stay planted. revalved shocks will help alot in any rough stuff but biggest up grade i did was ohlin shocks wold of differance. motor is pertty much bullet proof if left alone bit rings should be done every 3000. also there are alot of room in the motor for more power without losing reliablity and alot that can be done for free with little tricks. i had a 97 500 xtc had about 10,000 miles on it when i totaled it. was a great sled. just rebuilt a 97 600 xtc for my GF. the motor burned down cause of a stud thru the heat exchanger so we picked it up cheep. i have never seen one of these motors blow from mechanical failure. only seen 2 from coolent loose and i had a tripple blow from me doing motor mods and and propley checking for air leaks. sled ran all day with 2 hints of of a problem. stalled and woulnt pull over right away ( cold seized it, didnt let it warm up) ran all dat after that no problem other then a los of 300 rpms on top end i noticed. pulled the head to see if the cold sieze did any damage and found 2 pistons melted to the rings. IMO if a motor can run that good down 2 out of 3 cylinder then its a good motor. ive owned 2 of the same chassie and my brother has had 3. his buddy has had 3-4 also and another buddy 3. no major motor failurs that werent either coolent loos from stud or mine from not having intake boot clamps tightened correctly after working on it.
terret725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement