'98-'99 ZR 600 EFI Clutch Alignment Specs. - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ZR/ZL forum This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Looking for the clutch alignment specs for a '98 ZR 600 EFI. Putting a '99 EFI engine into a '98 EFI chassis. Need to know c-to-c, offset and deflection for the '98, not sure if it's the same as the '99 but I don't have that info either.
Thanks.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

C-C = 12.2"
Deflection = 1.5" (I think)
Offset = 5/8" (I think)
*** I don't have it in front of me but I know the C-C is 12.2" ***
cobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Riding Since: 1861

Buy yourself a cheapie offset / c to c bar...............money well spent and very affordable from Royal Dist.
zr sled head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

center to center is 12.2
but the clutches on and leave the secondary loose don't put the bolt in, run it on a stand and let the clutch float to were it want to be. then stop it and measure what the space is between the clutch and the jack shaft bearing make a spacers that distance. that is were the clutch want to be so let it be there.
arcticranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by arcticranger@Feb 13 2006, 12:56 PM
center to center is 12.2
but the clutches on and leave the secondary loose don't put the bolt in, run it on a stand and let the clutch float to were it want to be. then stop it and measure what the space is between the clutch and the jack shaft bearing make a spacers that distance. that is were the clutch want to be so let it be there.
<div align="right">
[/quote]

That might get you close, but I'm pretty sure that won't always put the secondary where it needs to be? Not to mention if it decides to take a trip it could be an expensive mistake. I'll stick to my scale and a straight edge

Thanks for the info guys.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Just going by how we have set up all of the mod sleds. the clutches will self center to each other. If you let the secondary float on the shaft.
this is just for a while until you can make a spacer for it. then you bolt it on maybe i didn't make myself clear on that.
arcticranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Agree with Arcticranger...that's how I set- mine up. I let mine float about a 1/16 or so. But run it on a stand to see where it wants to run. Never had any issues with it...
'04 1M Bulkhead, '00 Sno-Pro Tunnel with Custom Bent Extension, 41" Ski Stance, 136x1.6x15 Camoplast, 136" Rails with custom offset plates with 8" Rear Idlers, ZR3 hood & pans, 1M Bars, '99 600 EFI, D&D Pipe/Chip
mod600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally posted by arcticranger@Feb 14 2006, 06:57 AM
Just going by how we have set up all of the mod sleds. the clutches will self center to each other.* If you let the secondary float on the shaft.
this is just for a while until you can make a spacer for it. then you bolt it on maybe i didn't make myself clear on that.
<div align="right">
[/quote]

I agree as well. Thats how I did mine. :beer: :linemup:
Joe600EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Get a sledpro tool. Then you know its right. Just letting it float might be fine for offset alignment, but it does nothing for center to center or parellelism which is just as important as offset.
kawicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Get your center to center set and your parrallism and then let it float....You're right there's three things you need to check/set-up....
'04 1M Bulkhead, '00 Sno-Pro Tunnel with Custom Bent Extension, 41" Ski Stance, 136x1.6x15 Camoplast, 136" Rails with custom offset plates with 8" Rear Idlers, ZR3 hood & pans, 1M Bars, '99 600 EFI, D&D Pipe/Chip
mod600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement