1992 ski doo mach 1 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

MACH Z This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 02:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

my buddy just got a 92 mach 1 617 he wants more proformace . does anyone makes pipes or something for it? he really wants a pipe any info is much aprricatied thanks!
skidoorev69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
my buddy just got a 92 mach 1 617 he wants more proformace . does anyone makes pipes or something for it? he really wants a pipe any info is much aprricatied thanks![/b]
I think you can get twin pipes for those I forget who made them might be FAST but not sure.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Advanced Member

if its got the big pipe already.your not gona get much more hp than that.i used to empty out the can and weld it back together.boy that used to turn her on,and oh what a sound.maybe you can get a aftermarket can for it.some times i ran airplane fuel in her what a differance.110 octange leaded fuel runs cool with lots of kick.
WildmanBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I have a set of FAST F III trail pipes for a 92 MACH I hanging in the garage on the wall with the aftermuffler, Willing to sell for the right price, they are like brand new and I have the Dyno sheets for them also so you can get the jetting right... They do make more HP than the FAT BOY pipe from FAST I have one of those also I would get rid of, with a CAN-CAN aftermuffler and all set up for an EGT, I also have a set of KN's for that motor and all the jetting specs to go along with it..and 40 mm carbs and a set of 44's also to go with the twin pipes.. I have 3 of these sleds laying in the barn for other chassis parts as well
trailhawk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 02 mxz 700, 05 mxz 550f
Previous Sled(s): Polaris,Skiroule
Favorite Riding Area: Bayfield,Wisc.
10-11 Mileage: 200 mi
Riding Since: 60's

got a ignition module for a 93/94 mach 1 w/670
rblscoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

No 670 parts, I only have 617 parts, the pipes would work on a 670 tho according to FAST
trailhawk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Brad used to make those rip!!!!

http://hrpmotorsports.biz/
dewe48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Gut the muffler, skin the pipe, toss the airbox and shave the heads. I had a 92 Mach 1 and it was awesome for its day. I remember adding Ekholm skiis as well, and doing all the above mods and I had no problems. The biggest thing with this machine is weight. Cut as much as you can down. About shaving the heads, Be careful. I went too far and had throw in octane boost to keep it going (as well as 94 octane gas). Still, after a bit of clutch work, it was very easy to hit 160kmph.
71chargerrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default 617 data???

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailhawk100 View Post
I have a set of FAST F III trail pipes for a 92 MACH I hanging in the garage on the wall with the aftermuffler, Willing to sell for the right price, they are like brand new and I have the Dyno sheets for them also so you can get the jetting right... They do make more HP than the FAT BOY pipe from FAST I have one of those also I would get rid of, with a CAN-CAN aftermuffler and all set up for an EGT, I also have a set of KN's for that motor and all the jetting specs to go along with it..and 40 mm carbs and a set of 44's also to go with the twin pipes.. I have 3 of these sleds laying in the barn for other chassis parts as well
================================================== = Hello: Still have the Dyno Data on the 617? I just bought one for my ultralight engine build. The 618UL made 74.6hp@6800rpm. Rich
Armilite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

583, 617, 670, all rotary valve Rotax motors. I got rid of the airbox on my Mach 1. I was rewarded with the wail of a sick moose and lost 20MPH on top end. I went back, put the box back on and went what I was used to, right near 100MPH with a 583. Some things are engineered right from the start and should not be messed with. That's one of em. So now when the "...well I took mine off and went 50MPH faster..." threads follow, I can say that I waxed the dogschitt out of the same sled I had that was equipped with pod filters, 240 studs to my 144, and some other "secret" BS. It wasn't even a race. 1 more time, "My belt is bad..." and it was the same, except this time I was waving my left hand as to say "C'mon, get up here!" which really pissed him off.

All of that is just to remind us of what those things were and to listen to the weight advice. Most rotary Rotax motors benefit from good compression, well thought rotary valve timing, less wt, and RPMs under 8K. Maximize the TQ output and put some new sleds to shame. twin pipes on 583s and 617s generally were for all out race apps and caused a really narrow powerband. Some expert tuners made em work in trial sleds but it wasn't the norm. All noise, no speed.
Advertisement