98 mach1 700 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

ZX Chassis This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
klr
Super Advanced Member

Hey guys, trying to keep the story short.

98 mach1 wasnt running right, tracked it down to the power module box.

got a new one, but are concerned that we will cook it again if we don't really have the root cause. Need to pay to get the Dess programmed etc.

but again, are concerned that the real problem is out there ready to cook our new box. Anyone have experience with 98 Mach 1 700 triple electrical problems . It has DeSS.

thanks !! klr
klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2006, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

I have a 1998 Formula III 700 and it wouldn't start all summer. I checked all the wires and disconected and reconected them and it works great now. These sleds are known for electrical problems. I think that parts just go out on them maybe they have to much load then the parts or something. RBT700 hass had some electirical problems with his 1998 mach 1 700. Maybe he would have so answers for you.

Ryan
Old 01-05-2007, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 06 Ski-doo MXZ Renegade 1000X
Previous Sled(s): 98 Mach 800 Mod, 04 MXZ 600HO SDI X
Favorite Riding Area: Turtle Mountains
12-13 Mileage: 1000 km
11-12 Mileage: 200 km
10-11 Mileage: 2200 km
Riding Since: 1980

I have a 98 Mach 1 that would run great for 5 minutes then die with no spark. The dealer changed everything with the same results, run for 5 minutes and die. They reinstalled the old parts and started checking the wiring. There was a bare wire, in the harnes, under the motor. The motor had to be removed and the wiring repaired. I have since learned the 98 Mach 1 had a very common problem with the wiring harness being to short and under stress causing it to fail. There was even an upgrade available to lengthen the wiring harness. If you are having any ingition or electical problems check that harness. The guys at LAD in Selkirk know what to look for and can tell you if it has allready been upgraded. They know Ski-doo's better than any one.
Like us on facebook
glass racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement