Assault Reflash? - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Switchback/SKS/RMK This is a brand-specific forum. Posts on this forum are assumed to be questions aimed at similar model owners, and are not looking for comments of a sarcastic or "bashing" nature. Please be aware that if you violate this policy you are in danger of losing your posting privileges on this website.The calling out or posting of another members personal information IE phone number or address is prohibited.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Riding Since: ?

Has anyone had their 2010 assault reflashed yet? I'm taking mine in to get it done tomorrow, but was curious if anyone else had it done yet, and if it took care of the check engine light/limp mode without sacrificing throttle response/hp etc...
nloschiavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Advanced Member

Current Sled(s): 2015 SB Assault LE/2003 ProX 700 SKS 136
Previous Sled(s): 05 F7/06 Attak/08 600RR/10 Assault/13 Freeride/14 Gade 800X
Favorite Riding Area: anywhere
13-14 Mileage: 1150
12-13 Mileage: 1200
11-12 Mileage: 1500
10-11 Mileage: 350
Riding Since: 1983

My Assault goes in on Saturday, I'll keep ya updated when I ride it.

How do you like the sled other than that? I LOVE it, its so much fun to ride. Whether I in the trails or pounding through the deep stuff, it doesn't stop. Happy trails!!!

snowman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
HCS Advertiser

Have yet to reflash any of our assaults yet, but here is what the bulletin says...hopefully they are not giving us the runaround again.

January 14, 2010

2008-2010 800 CFI ECU Reflash
Polaris has received isolated field reports of some 2008-2010 800 CFI snowmobiles prematurely entering the engine
detonation protection mode, which includes limiting the engine speed to approximately 6,000 RPM. We have also
received reports of some customers experiencing running quality issues. Polaris has released revised ECU calibration
files for 2008-2010 800 CFI snowmobiles that may help with these issues. Authorized Polaris snowmobile dealerships
who have customers experiencing the following issues listed below should reflash the ECU with the revised calibration
files:
 Engine prematurely entering the detonation protection mode
o Engine speed limited to 6,000 RPM with check engine lamp flashing under conditions that the engine
would not be expected to enter this mode (examples: proper ethanol fuel jumper use, engine not
overheating, no engine/exhaust system modifications, etc.)
 Mid to high RPM bog or unexpected drop in engine RPM
 Slight RPM hesitation when accelerating at mid engine RPMs

We shall see....
Old 01-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Advanced Member

Quote:
My Assault goes in on Saturday, I'll keep ya updated when I ride it.

How do you like the sled other than that? I LOVE it, its so much fun to ride. Whether I in the trails or pounding through the deep stuff, it doesn't stop. Happy trails!!!

[/b]
Yeah I agree the sled is sick. It only took 5 miles of riding one last march and I knew thats what I needed to order this year. So far the only thing i noticed is that the track seems to trench alot in the deep stuff, probably because it is such a hard compound track. I cant complain though, the sled is a blast!
I just geared mine up a little bit last night, hoping to be able to lower rpm a little bit at cruising speed on the way to the where we ride in the powder, and get a little bit better mpg. Hopefully I dont sacrifice too much responsiveness in the tight off trail riding.
I had my reflash done yesterday, and will be heading north to ride tonight, I'll be back on tuesday and report on how it went with the reflash and 21:39 gears.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Advanced Member

I rode this weekend on the new reflash and here is what I found.
check engine light/limp mode problem at 6-7000 rpm at cruising speed is 70% fixed. Still had the light come on a few times, but only went into limp mode once.
Now i have somewhat of a hesitation at low speeds and low rpm. Not a big deal though, hardly noticeable.
At about 7500-8000 rpm when you let off the throttle SLIGHTLY the sled really falls on its face, only to be recovered by giving it a significant amount of throttle. I beleive this is happening because the exhaust valves are closing up a little too quickly for the amount the throttle is being reduced. Not necessarily the end of the world, just a little annoying.
All of this was at about 2500-4000 feet.
I am running the same clutching set up I had before the reflash, and now I am over revving quite a bit, Before I was pulling about 8150-8250 and now I am consistently seeing 8450-8500. I'm assuming this is a good thing and that i'm seeing this because the engine is making more power because of the new fuel mapping. Should be all set with slightly more weight on the tips of the drive clutch weights.
All in all, i feel as though the problems are mostly fixed and am excited about getting the rpms back to peak and riding the sled again. Its my understanding that polaris de-sensitized the DET sensor to mask the problem we were having before, and coupled it only with SLIGHT changes in fuel delivery... Probably not the fix that we were all looking for, but definitely better than before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement