Hardcore Sledder banner

700 ves max miles?

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  blueyoda 
#1 ·
There is a 03 700 sks for sale near me. It has 10,000 miles and never been rebuilt. I was wondering what I should expect? How long can it go? It has the stainless valve upgrade.

#3 ·
It has the stainless valve upgrade.
there wasn't SS valves for the 700.

at 10k, I'd do a piston swap for sure, just for peace of mind. If bone stock, the 03 SKS did not have the hottest ignition or the sharpest carb setup, which both should help it last longer due to less stress

#5 ·
only the 800. Valve runs hotter in the 800 due to an omitted coolant passage above ex.port, causing the valves to warp

the other ves motors have this coolant passage in place, and the valves does not get as hot.

#12 ·
I would think at 10k miles you would want to give the chassis a good going over... things like boggie wheel bearings, heim joints, spindle bushings, etc.

Motor wise, pistons for sure. I'd also check the carb sliders closely to make sure they haven't worn in the bore.

sled_guy

#14 ·
That's why they got the viper chassis from arctic cat. Check out the comparison test on you tube vs the RMK and summit. It was visibly biased (look how much snow they left on the rmk for the "wet weight") but the numbers look good, especially in higher altitudes.

#16 ·
Ive ridden with and xf800 (same chassis with a 141x1.375" cobra and AC 800 motor) and that sled is good in the deep stuff, not my RMK, but good. I also rode with the viper xtx on the same ride (same sled but yamaha 1000) and it's not quite as good, but still respectable compared to any other 4 stroke I have witnessed. I am sure the MTX would be a great off trail sled!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.